Please be proactive Rangers, Thursdays hate headlines are already written in Scotland.

Randy Al Thor

The vast, 99.3% on average, of bears behave at the games. It will be the same Wednesday. But the huge numbers bring a different dimension to that tiny minority.
Key issues
1. The
scottish MSM are tim infested or moral free sharks. As are our city council and Scottish government .
2. No matter how well all of us behave Wednesday, Thursdays headlines will be horrific. The sub editing is half done now. Don't kid yourself.
Solution?
Only damage Limitation. Rangers, our few celebrities and all of you must come out fighting today, tomorrow and Thursday and point out the hypocrisy and lies and exaggeration. Don't accept the mindless charge of "whatabootery". Be brave.
Before the stiff up lip brigade and the (t)imposters in here say "paranoia" , I've two places for you. Glasgow Cross...George Square. Imagine that x 10.

The vast, 99.3% on average, of bears behave at the games. It will be the same Wednesday. But the huge numbers bring a different dimension to that tiny minority.
Key issues
1. The
scottish MSM are tim infested or moral free sharks. As are our city council and Scottish government .
2. No matter how well all of us behave Wednesday, Thursdays headlines will be horrific. The sub editing is half done now. Don't kid yourself.
Solution?
Only damage Limitation. Rangers, our few celebrities and all of you must come out fighting today, tomorrow and Thursday and point out the hypocrisy and lies and exaggeration. Don't accept the mindless charge of "whatabootery". Be brave.
Before the stiff up lip brigade and the (t)imposters in here say "paranoia" , I've two places for you. Glasgow Cross...George Square. Imagine that x 10.
Rangers' amazing PR department have already asked Graeme Souness to tell us to behave mate.

I wouldn't be expecting any PR competence from Rangers.

We all know by now the levels the Scottish mhedia will stoop to including faking video's and slapping them stage centre with condemnation from the usual mhanks in government following it up in jig time.
There is nothing we can do about those scum but we do control how we handle ourselves abroad and the Spanish media will reflect that and that is where it will count, if the Spanish authorities are happy that is all that counts let the scum in Scotland wallow in their own jealous cesspit I think by now we all know what they are about.

You just said it yourself mate. It doesn’t mstter what we do. We will be attacked anyway.

The Lord Jesus Christ, Muhammad and Buddha, along with Krishna** could descend from the big party in the sky. Tell the world rangers fans are the most peaceful, well behaved fans in the world, and the Scottish media would still disagree and write nonsense about our fan's. Who gives a %^*&.

People don't need told not to riot or fight. The minority that do fight etc will do so no matter what they are told.

Krishna added lol **

Last edited:
99% or more will behave perfectly well, sadly a tiny minority won't.

The media will then focus on that minority and will probably be aided by our own fans videoing said minority.

There is no point stressing about it. Like you say, their headlines are written already.

Just win the cup and sicken them.

U
You just said it yourself mate. It doesn’t mstter what we do. We will be attacked anyway.

The Lord Jesus Christ, with Muhammad and Buddha could descend from the big party in the sky. Tell the world rangers fans are the most peaceful, well behaved fans in the world, and the Scottish media would still disagree and write nonsense about our fan's. Who gives a %^*&.

People don't need told not to riot or fight. The minority that do fight etc will do so no matter what they are told.
Unfortunately it’s the scumbag minority who will get the headlines. Highlighting the Anti-Rangers press is certainly relevant, but it’s also deflection tactics of the highest order which we would condem our rivals for using.

U

Unfortunately it’s the scumbag minority who will get the headlines.
That's always the case. Unless you're a Tim, but the minority for most fan bases and large groups of people are the ones who get the headlines. It isn't a new concept and ultimately not much csn be done. Expect maybe some even handed reporting............

Let’s be clear, no matter how well behaved the fans are in Seville the negative headline will be found.

The daily record “investigation“ embarrassed them and they wont forget that.

Saturday summed it up, literally a carbon copy of the year before except the vandalism was DELIBRATE as they kicked a door in, yet the media spun it a different way.

It’s necessary to remind us all of who we will be representing to the world because there will be some who need reminded.

There’s been lots of fond reminiscing of Jimmy Bell and how he passionately spoke of standards and maintaining them if you are a Ranger.

Society’s standards generally can be pretty poor in the world we live in. So a message of have pride in your self and remember the name Glasgow Rangers as you party and have a wonderful time is a good thing.

Last year they wrote their headlines and exaggerated the problems caused (with a cleanup bill akin to the net worth of the UAE apparently).

Our fans response (myself incluced) was to highlight Celtc fans issues in 2019 - pre pandemic, and 2 years prior.

This time, however, any stories / headlines etc that exaggerate "big bad Rangers fans" will be met with a mountain of evidence from only 4 days prior that highlights their double standards.

From fighting on the street, to wrecking listed buildings, to litter, to public urination.

(I won't highlight the exposure of the penis due to small evidence).

Whilst it’s true that no matter what negative headlines await our fans behaviour it doesn’t excuse going out and creating havoc.

Please try and be respectful, good humoured and be act responsibly. Please go and enjoy yourself but try to remember you are representing a fabulous and respectable institution.

We can do without fines and we can’t risk the repercussions that could follow.

We all know the mhedia rhats already have the headlines written but for %^*& sake please look after yourself and the club.

We all know by now the levels the Scottish mhedia will stoop to including faking video's and slapping them stage centre with condemnation from the usual mhanks in government following it up in jig time.
There is nothing we can do about those scum but we do control how we handle ourselves abroad and the Spanish media will reflect that and that is where it will count, if the Spanish authorities are happy that is all that counts let the scum in Scotland wallow in their own jealous cesspit I think by now we all know what they are about.

Agree with this.

How the Spanish authorities report things is our defence.

Let's enjoy ourselves Bears.

I think Rangers have a game to focus on rather than ask them to come out fighting even before the match is played ffs.

Just go enjoy it and behave. The press can only make so much up.

Whatever response we give and however prepared we all are won’t make the slightest bit of difference to how it is reported and how politicians choose to react. Not to sound too negative, but what does anybody think it going to happen?

The Lord Jesus Christ, with Muhammad and Buddha could descend from the big party in the sky. Tell the world rangers fans are the most peaceful, well behaved fans in the world, and the Scottish media would still disagree and write nonsense about our fan's. Who gives a %^*&.

You forgot Krishna there sir slip of the tongue I'm sure

The reality is stark, when circa 200k (including Germans) people turn up at an event on foreign soil, there will sadly be some wrong uns amongst the generally law abiding throng. As the OP points out the behaviour of Rangers supporters is amplified by a tidal wave of distortion and hyperbole, whilst no matter what the filth do it is underplayed and generally unreported.

Take them attacking their own players, officials, police and stadium because they were no longer guaranteed to just turn up and win after a decade of corrupt nobbling of Scottish top flight football. The audacity, entitlement and gall of that clubs support is off the scale. But they are indulged and excused by a compliant media and in general a large portion of society.

Going to Seville and worrying what the bloke sitting next to on the plane might get up to is a total pisser. Have a blast, remember your own values and those of the club, be gracious in victory or in the unlikely event of defeat. Those of you going to Seville have a duty, to yourselves, your families and the club…To stay safe, have an amazing time, whilst making lifelong memories and friendships.

Watch your backs, watch your muckers backs and forget the Scottish media, we are on the brink of perhaps the greatest achievement in our amazing clubs 150 year history. Remember the Spanish police can be hotheaded and indiscriminate in their dishing it out. So stay calm and show them respect, whether it’s earned or not…Have an amazing adventure, as a support we deserve it for the immense backing we have given the players on this momentous run.

Or just enjoy yourself, enjoy the game and absolutely get it up the haters you speak of. Inwon't be paying them a second of attention.
I’m unable to go. Think we need to need to be mindful that this is actually peoples hard earned money and holidays too.
It’s a fine line s call to arms, and being condescending.

I honestly couldn’t give a flying f#*k what any of the morally bankrupt bigots write the next day - scum the lot of them

Im not even going to worry about it. There will be arseholes, there will be negative headlines. Nothing can stop that.

Im not even going to worry about it. There will be arseholes, there will be negative headlines. Nothing can stop that.
Of course

when you have trigger happy anti rangers/protestant journalists you will always have that bad story .

my response is who cares

Win or lose I hope no one is crazy enough to go on the pitch. That could cost us incalculable money and goodwill. We were banned for a year after Barcelona if I remember.
Spoils it for everybody else,The fans in the stands,The players and the television audience.

The headlines and most of the stories are written, and will be wheeled out regardless.

That doesn’t mean we need to make it easy for them though. We don’t need to give them a great big open goal.

People need to stop wetting their frillies with this.

There is disorder and violence at every large gathering around the world whether it's football, rugby, concerts or anything else you fancy.

It's going to happen. Hopefully it's not too bad and noone is seriously hurt.

But headlines about litter, pishing, drunkenness and a few fisticuffs etc? Give us a break. The only people think that's outrageous and unexpected are people who haven't been to these things.

Controversial opinion here but don’t give them an excuse.
They don't need an excuse.

We're dealing with people who practically ejaculated on the corpse of a celtc fan because they thought his murderer was one of us.

A killer brought to justice, but disappointment that he supported the wrong team.

100,000 people gathering in the sunshine and drinking ,you will always get a good few idiots ,whether it be football ,rugby ,concerts etc.
But the way some folk are acting it's as though it's an invasion by ghengis Khan ffs.
Win or lose I'm confident the overwhelming majority of our fans will be a credit to us and earn the club great plaudits from the foreign media.

Scottish media? ,who cares.

Back