Please be proactive Rangers, Thursdays hate headlines are already written in Scotland.

They don't need an excuse.

We're dealing with people who practically ejaculated on the corpse of a celtc fan because they thought his murderer was one of us.

A killer brought to justice, but disappointment that he supported the wrong team.

Sorry but filming yourself making racist gestures or singing racist songs and uploading it for likes from your fellow arseholes is handing them stories on a plate.

Thousands are travelling. Litter, having a few drinks etc is expected. Fighting each other or cops, trashing areas etc isn’t. Half the stories that came out of Manchester wrote themselves.

We got slated for Rangers not doing enuf to stop us going to George Sq etc,

Now we are being pro active and our own fans are on our back. We can't win.
In my opinion Rangers should say fùck all and then on Thursday/Friday praise the behaviour of the vast majority of fans.

Nothing Rangers do or say will stop anything from happening in Spain. Bams will be bams.

Good PR would be getting out and praising the 99.9%. If we are having to ask former players to come out and ask us to behave we are already playing along to the narrative set by the media, fùck that. Set our own narrative.

In my opinion Rangers should say fùck all and then on Thursday/Friday praise the behaviour of the vast majority of fans.

Nothing Rangers do or say will stop anything from happening in Spain. Bams will be bams.

Good PR would be getting out and praising the 99.9%. If we are having to ask former players to come out and ask us to behave we are already playing along to the narrative set by the media, fùck that. Set our own narrative.
That's only good PR if it all goes well. We got slated the last time even tho we did ask fans not to go to GS. We were slated for not saying it enuf.

We have now ticked that box unless this still isn't enuf for them.

We can praise everyone on Friday when we know where we are with it all.

That's only good PR if it all goes well. We got slated the last time even tho we did ask fans not to go to GS. We were slated for not saying it enuf.

We have now ticked that box unless this still isn't enuf for them.

We can praise everyone on Friday when we know where we are with it all.
The vast majority will behave though, that's the issue.

Rangers cant and shouldn't take the blame for potential issues caused by a minority who likely wont have tickets or be anywhere near the stadium.

Start praising the vast majority of the tens of thousands there and stop feeling responsible for bams, no other club does.

Sturgeon and the snp are just waiting to stick the boot in after apparently seeing nothing in Glasgow at the weekend
Was Glasgow bad at the weekend? am in Ayrshire so isolated from goings on. I remember having a look on the webcam at the square and it didn’t seem much different. What happened in Glasgow? as ive seen a few posts now. What was the damage to the listed building?

I completely agree with the points the OP makes but a bit of perspective is needed. Outside of the Scottish goldfish bowl nobody really takes that much notice of what we get up to. I work beside a West Ham and a Charlton season ticket holders and they really aren’t that clued up or interested in Scottish football. They lean towards us but just don’t get the situation in Scotland with the SFA or the media. I want nothing but good headlines on Thursday - both about the performance and our fans - but if there’s a bit of bother outside of Scotland it’ll soon be forgotten about.

If I left a couple of empties out on the night to take to the bin the next day the shitey rags would call me a hooligan.
Genuinely couldn’t give a flying %^*& what they print.
SNP, police, journalists, the lot of them are scum.

The litter that is left behind after any large gatherings can easily give the impression of a bit of a warzone no matter how well behaved the crowd has been. If the club made a call for volunteers to assist with an initial clear up as the crowds dispersed would they get much of a response? I know most fans will be there just to enjoy themselves but I'm sure others would be prepared to make a bit of a sacrifice in order to make a good impression of our support.

Sorry but filming yourself making racist gestures or singing racist songs and uploading it for likes from your fellow arseholes is handing them stories on a plate.

Thousands are travelling. Litter, having a few drinks etc is expected. Fighting each other or cops, trashing areas etc isn’t. Half the stories that came out of Manchester wrote themselves.
That's all absolutely valid, but my point is that in the absence of anything like you've mentioned, it's getting made up anyway.

It's already started on twitter with this work of fiction

Controversial opinion here but don’t give them an excuse.
Yes indeed.
There was a thread recently critical of the twat who threw the smoke bomb onto the pitch Vs RBL and the numbers who couldn't see that was unacceptable was significant.
So god alone knows what will be considered 'just a laugh' when inspired by sun, booze & gear on Wednesday

It’s quite simple, don’t sing about Catholics, bishops or 19th Century Terrorists and they’ll be bereft of ammo. That’s all we need to do.

It’s quite simple, don’t sing about Catholics, bishops or 19th Century Terrorists and they’ll be bereft of ammo. That’s all we need to do.
Nah, i'tll then be about drunken behaviour, pissing in public and leaving litter.

Even if there's no trouble or naughty songs, the media will just make it up. ' Locals tell of drunken Rangers fans leaving them in a state of fear '.
Exactly, and if one guy happens to be seen having a piss, the report will be "floods of urine running down the streets" Scottish press - fk them.

They've already made up accounts and contacted news agencies to claim they are Spanish and just been attacked by Rangers fans. I wonder if the media here would write about this?

I’m of the opinion that certain sections of the media will run with stories of “bad behaviour” whether it occurs or not. I wouldn’t expect individual fans to police others or to be the arbiters of what is right or wrong - just look at yourself and come home happy that you did nothing that would embarrass the Club

Rangers' amazing PR department have already asked Graeme Souness to tell us to behave mate.

I wouldn't be expecting any PR competence from Rangers.
Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Everyone enjoy themselves and behave. Deny it all you like but we have a very small percentage among us who need to be reminded. Let’s hope it gets through to them.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Everyone enjoy themselves and behave. Deny it all you like but we have a very small percentage among us who need to be reminded. Let’s hope it gets through to them.
Have you actually read any of my other posts about this?

I am fully aware a daft minority will no doubt act up but in a travelling party of tens of thousands that is inevitable, especially when drink is involved. But it will happen whether Graeme Souness, Richard Gough or anyone else asks them not to.

My issue is the way Rangers handle this, no other club has to tell their fans how to behave but Rangers feel they need to due to pressure from a media that will go out of their way to find negatives and use it against us regardless. That attitude from Rangers is only feeding a narrative that we should be trying to avoid.

Rangers should focus on praising the majority of fans who will be spending a fortune at the end of an expensive season to follow the team to Spain and behaving in the proper way instead of wasting energy and time condemning idiots who will behave in whatever they want regardless of prior warnings.

That's all absolutely valid, but my point is that in the absence of anything like you've mentioned, it's getting made up anyway.

Because Rangers fans are toddlers and must be home at 10pm?

What am I missing? If Rangers fans snuck in or disgusied and stole flags (looks made up) then what is the purpose of closing at 10pm?

If fans want to do it again (again, looks made up) then they will go in at 9pm, or 6pm or whenever.

Have you actually read any of my other posts about this?

I am fully aware a daft minority will no doubt act up but in a travelling party of tens of thousands that is inevitable, especially when drink is involved. But it will happen whether Graeme Souness, Richard Gough or anyone else asks them not to.

My issue is the way Rangers handle this, no other club has to tell their fans how to behave but Rangers feel they need to due to pressure from a media that will go out of their way to find negatives and use it against us regardless. That attitude from Rangers is only feeding a narrative that we should be trying to avoid.

Rangers should focus on praising the majority of fans who will be spending a fortune at the end of an expensive season to follow the team to Spain and behaving in the proper way instead of wasting energy and time condemning idiots who will behave in whatever they want regardless of prior warnings.
Okay I’m only saying they need to be told and I don’t want any argument with you.

The vast, 99.3% on average, of bears behave at the games. It will be the same Wednesday. But the huge numbers bring a different dimension to that tiny minority.
Key issues
1. The
scottish MSM are tim infested or moral free sharks. As are our city council and Scottish government .
2. No matter how well all of us behave Wednesday, Thursdays headlines will be horrific. The sub editing is half done now. Don't kid yourself.
Solution?
Only damage Limitation. Rangers, our few celebrities and all of you must come out fighting today, tomorrow and Thursday and point out the hypocrisy and lies and exaggeration. Don't accept the mindless charge of "whatabootery". Be brave.
Before the stiff up lip brigade and the (t)imposters in here say "paranoia" , I've two places for you. Glasgow Cross...George Square. Imagine that x 10.
Think a lot of this stems from Manchester. When I arrived mid afternoon of the game the bams stood out like a sore thumb. You know the ones that are banned from all the pubs in your home town. It was easy for them to get down there but not so straightforward this time. I’m keeping my fingers crossed this will be the case.

Yeah well the abuse Iona Fife is getting isn’t a work of fiction. Why do Rangers fans need to call her a dirty whore? It’s just begging to be in the news.

People need to stop acting like roasters.

Yeah well the abuse Iona Fife is getting isn’t a work of fiction. Why do Rangers fans need to call her a dirty whore? It’s just begging to be in the news.

"Unruly pished fans of a particular football club"
"Worst possible time to travel"

I'm not claiming to speak for anyone, but maybe her desperate need to paint our fans in a bad light could be why they've reacted as such?

She may not be a dirty whore, but I'd bet every penny I have to the charity of your choosing that her initial tweets are made up bollocks.

"Unruly pished fans of a particular football club"
"Worst possible time to travel"

I'm not claiming to speak for anyone, but maybe her desperate need to paint our fans in a bad light could be why they've reacted as such?

She may not be a dirty whore, but I'd bet every penny I have to the charity of your choosing that her initial tweets are made up bollocks.

It probably is the worst time to travel if you aren’t a Rangers fan. Plenty of people managed to call her out without abusing her. Stop making excuses for the clowns in our support. There’s absolutely no excuse for it.

Last edited:
It probably is the worst time to travel if you aren’t a Rangers fan. Plenty of people managed to call her out with abusing her. Stop making excuses for the clowns in our support. There’s absolutely no excuse for it.
How very one sided of you.

You want our fans to call her out without abuse, but seem fine with her calling them unruly and pished with fùck all to back it up?

You've got supporting evidence of the abuse she received, she's somewhat lacking in the unruly pished fans though.

Wonder why that may be?

How very one sided of you.

You want our fans to call her out without abuse, but seem fine with her calling them unruly and pished with fùck all to back it up?

You've got supporting evidence of the abuse she received, she's somewhat lacking in the unruly pished fans though.

Wonder why that may be?

How is it one sided? There’s no excuse for any of our support sending her abusive messages. Regardless. Provocation isn’t a defence of the abuse she got. And if she did post for a reaction, well done they gave her one. Absolute f@cking morons.

How is it one sided? There’s no excuse for any of our support sending her abusive messages. Regardless. Provocation isn’t a defence of the abuse she got. And if she did post for a reaction, well done they gave her one. Absolute f@cking morons.
That's exactly how it's one sided.

She's more than happy to provoke our fans, then act all upset that her bullshit is called out.

I'm both surprised and disappointed you seem willing to play along with her.

That's exactly how it's one sided.

She's more than happy to provoke our fans, then act all upset that her bullshit is called out.

I'm both surprised and disappointed you seem willing to play along with her.

Im not playing along with anyone. Saying some of our fans were pished does not merit being called a dirty whore.

And I really don’t care about your disappointment.

Im not playing along with anyone. Saying some of our fans were pished does not merit being called a dirty whore.

And I really don’t care about your disappointment.
Oh ok, she gets to lie about Rangers fans, but Rangers fans don't get to give any back.

Unruly, pished and the worst way to travel.

If you must stick up for her at least stop deleting the bits that don't suit.

My charity offer still stands by the way, She's happily posted twitter messages, let's see her unruly pished Rangers fans.

Any time you're ready.

Oh ok, she gets to lie about Rangers fans, but Rangers fans don't get to give any back.

Unruly, pished and the worst way to travel.

If you must stick up for her at least stop deleting the bits that don't suit.

My charity offer still stands by the way, She's happily posted twitter messages, let's see her unruly pished Rangers fans.

Any time you're ready.

If you really think that posting that some of our fans were pished equates to the abuse she’s got then there’s no point arguing with you.

I don’t know if people were pished or not. She could be challenged on that without calling her a dirty whore. You are mitigating the behaviour of absolute bellends.

If you really think that posting that some of our fans were pished equates to the abuse she’s got then there’s no point arguing with you.

I don’t know if people were pished or not. She could be challenged on that without calling her a dirty whore. You are mitigating the behaviour of absolute bellends.
She called people unruly and pished with no evidence.
People called her a dirty whore with no evidence.

For some reason only one of those seems to upset you.

You're right, there's no point in arguing.
If you can't see the obvious double standard you are happy to be part of, I'm clearly wasting my time.

Some just don't learn - they fall for the trap every time and get sucked into abusing someone for writing pish. Only one part of the story will be reported and it will be our fans who get named and shamed.

In the meantime, this tramp v tramp violence gets minimal coverage while being classed a pre old firm match disorder.

Back