Please Rangers take the lead on this.

AriseSirWalter

Official Ticketer
Scottish football is riddled with sectarianism, it's tribal we all know that but the media want to paint it as Rangers fans have an outdated view that is at odds with a modern, tolerant Scotland.

There are many incidents that we could point to which show this to be bullsh!t, Boyd DOB (which Clarke and media) ignored/laughed off, 5yo cel'ic fan wishing death on our kitman, Gerrard DOB at parkhead in first OF, hanging effigies. For every incident involving Rangers fans there is at least another involving Cel'ic fans or others, it's just not highlighted in the media.

It's useless calling for parity because SRtRC, FARE, NBM are not interested, they've commented on Clarke DOB but nothing on Boyd, I've messaged them calling them out on this but nothing. I found myself getting frustrated at the sheer onesidedness of the reporting until I realised that they don't give a f*ck about solving the issue of sectarianism, there are two camps in the media as far as I can tell.
1. Cel'ic fans who happen to be journalists (or pretend to be on twitter), they are simply fighting a rivalry with Rangers by different means and will take each and every opportunity to talk us down and them up.
2. Others who see the clicks they'll get with negative stories for Rangers.

Either way they both have the same affect, both Rangers and Celtic fans sang the same discriminatory song in the space of 5 days yet not a peep on celtic fans, who are currently causing havoc in Spain and have recently have a young boy sing a disgusting song going viral on social media, a narrative could easily be built around that. Yet Rangers now have to firefight, deal with negative headlines and our splendid 5-0 win is deemed controversial.

Despite the media doing all it can to keep it alive Scottish Football will have to deal with this eventually, we as a Club should take the lead on this, not to shut up the media but because it's the right thing to do. In an ideal world those that say not till the green brigade are closed down are right, but that's not going to happen.

We need to lead by example and let the Scottish media choke on their comments as we highlight each and every single incident of sectarianism in football/society. Let us take the lead with engaging with all who claim to have an interest in fighting this issue. Engage with Dornan, Humza etc, apply pressure on them to call out each and every incident.

Take the bull by the horns and lead the way else we'll just be firefighting constantly. And the fans really need to box clever, no more signing sh!te that's going to give us negative headlines, replace them with cutural songs without the add-ons, no leaked videos of players saying stuff at supporters nights.

Good post,agree and think the fans should do “their bit “,wisen up,also think the gaffer needs help from the club,in bringing a strong individual to handle this side of it,which is growing,and let the boss develop/concentrate on the playing side.

Totally agree.

Why do we always just suck it up and say nothing whenever our players or fans are subjected to sectarian abuse. Yet every time a crash barrier feels offended, it’s a government inquiry.

Speak up, Rangers, and the rest of us. I’ve been pointing out the hypocrisy of Clarke on my own social media since Weds night, but there is only so much any individual can do. It also needs the club to defend itself and our fans.

Great post mate, agree 100%. The club needs to be at the front of this and we supporters need to back them up

Scottish football is riddled with sectarianism, it's tribal we all know that but the media want to paint it as Rangers fans have an outdated view that is at odds with a modern, tolerant Scotland.

There are many incidents that we could point to which show this to be bullsh!t, Boyd DOB (which Clarke and media) ignored/laughed off, 5yo cel'ic fan wishing death on our kitman, Gerrard DOB at parkhead in first OF, hanging effigies. For every incident involving Rangers fans there is at least another involving Cel'ic fans or others, it's just not highlighted in the media.

It's useless calling for parity because SRtRC, FARE, NBM are not interested, they've commented on Clarke DOB but nothing on Boyd, I've messaged them calling them out on this but nothing. I found myself getting frustrated at the sheer onesidedness of the reporting until I realised that they don't give a f*ck about solving the issue of sectarianism, there are two camps in the media as far as I can tell.
1. Cel'ic fans who happen to be journalists (or pretend to be on twitter), they are simply fighting a rivalry with Rangers by different means and will take each and every opportunity to talk us down and them up.

Either way they both have the same affect, both Rangers and Celtic fans sang the same discriminatory song in the space of 5 days yet not a peep on celtic fans, who are currently causing havoc in Spain and have recently have a young boy sing a disgusting song going viral on social media, a narrative could easily be built around that. Yet Rangers now have to firefight, deal with negative headlines and our splendid 5-0 win is deemed controversial.

Despite the media doing all it can to keep it alive Scottish Football will have to deal with this eventually, we as a Club should take the lead on this, not to shut up the media but because it's the right thing to do. In an ideal world those that say not till the green brigade are closed down are right, but that's not going to happen.

We need to lead by example and let the Scottish media choke on their comments as we highlight each and every single incident of sectarianism in football/society. Let us take the lead with engaging with all who claim to have an interest in fighting this issue. Engage with Dornan, Humza etc, apply pressure on them to call out each and every incident.

Take the bull by the horns and lead the way else we'll just be firefighting constantly. And the fans really need to box clever, no more signing sh!te that's going to give us negative headlines, replace them with cutural songs without the add-ons, no leaked videos of players saying stuff at supporters nights.
Humza will get to you shortly he is dealing with people's internet problems first

100% right. Get our own house sorted first then go on the offensive. Sectarian chanting is wrong no matter who does sit so we should call a spade a spade.

We need to shoot their fox. One way to do this is publish a list of sliding scale sanctions to be applied if offensive chants are heard, specifically state SOB and SFB as examples to add to songs celebrating proscribed terrorist organisations.
Request that the SFA implement these across the league immediately, on an emergency basis if necessary, in lieu of any SFA-approved sanctions until such exist.
Pull in the UB boys and tell them we're deadly serious and as soon as the sanctions are implemented by the authorities we will act .
Do it all very publicly.
Sit back and wait on the SFA.

But, as the OP says, get in front of this, Mr Robertson.

Back