Please report any racist abuse on Twitter!

Drop the Shoulder

I've been on Twitter this morning and can still see fans of Slavia targeting our posts with vile insults aimed mainly at Glen Kamara and Kemar Roofe. If you see these posts, please ensure that you don't just scroll past and instead report them to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or whatever platform it is. It takes about half a minute to do so. I understand that these people may get banned only to create another account to continue to post their bile but it's important we continue to report these people if we want to see any change on social media. Social media companies need to be doing more in the fight against racism. In all honesty, I'm not sure I trust them to do much, but it certainly can't harm us to do report the racists.

I've been on Twitter this morning and can still see fans of Slavia targeting our posts with vile insults aimed mainly at Glen Kamara and Kemar Roofe. If you see these posts, please ensure that you don't just scroll past and instead report them to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or whatever platform it is. It takes about half a minute to do so. I understand that these people may get banned only to create another account to continue to post their bile but it's important we continue to report these people if we want to see any change on social media. Social media companies need to be doing more in the fight against racism. In all honesty, I'm not sure I trust them to do much, but it certainly can't harm us to do report the racists.
I done the same on Instagram and called them racist scum
My comments got removed but theirs didn't.

Exact same thing happened to my mate. Commented calling someone racist scum for saying the N word and monkey emojis etc. Within five minutes his comment had been removed and he had a warning about his conduct. The racist stuff is still there.

It's ridiculous! I've replied to some of them this morning (probably wasting my time), but won't be doing so any more.
I've been giving them it tight on YouTube. And I've started using my twitter again. It's amazing how many of them have been on twitter for years and only have 15/20 followers. I haven't used mine in about 2/3 year and still have a 1k. I know that doesn't mean much its just very telling .

Twitter as a company will never do anything about these people, if they did they would have very few customers left, its a rancid organization.

Did you actually report their comment as well as reply to it?

People need to report every one of the vile b@stards and if replying keep it civil so there’s no excuse for yours to be removed. No name calling, box clever.

Did you actually report their comment as well as reply to it?

Preople need to report every one of the vile b@stards and if replying keep it civil so there’s no excuse for yours to be removed. No name calling, box clever.
Yes I did.
They got back to me saying the comments don't go against their community standards or something.

GCHQ monitor communcations chatter on a world wide basis. And they monitor for key words and phrases to try and intercept terrorist threats.

I'm sure social media companies have the wherewithall to monitor posts on the same basis and nuke anything unsavoury.

There needs to be a will to do so however.

I've been giving them it tight on YouTube. And I've started using my twitter again. It's amazing how many of them have been on twitter for years and only have 15/20 followers. I haven't used mine in about 2/3 year and still have a 1k. I know that doesn't mean much its just very telling .
I've had Twitter for years and have no followers or following.

I laugh when they say bot.

I reported 3 of them on Instagram for having monkeys and bananas on a Glen Kamara post, Instagram got back to me each time saying it is not against their community guidelines.

I’m wondering if it’s time to step this up. Rangers Twitter is a powerful thing. Get the abuse screen shot and post it to Insta’s PR team, tag Anwar, Ferdinand, Lineker, the British Olympic athletes that supported Glen, BLM Uk, anti discrimination charities. Ask why Instagram are allowing racial abuse of black players. What do you think?

I've had Twitter for years and have no followers or following.

I laugh when they say bot.
I get called a bot myself if I'm honest. I try not to put to much stock in who has what followers etc. Most of the people with 10s of thousands and so on usually speak some amount of pish lol .

Back