Point re the rangers lotto

We_are_the_prso

I tried to encourage a mate to sign up to this today. Given that if as close to every rangers fan as possible, donated as much as possible every week, the financial results could be massive. The reason he gave me for not doing it was he wasn't convinced the money would actually be going to the club. Maybe if the club gave us some sort of clarification/evidence exactly where t went to/how it was used, allot more people would sign up?

They hand over cheques to them every year, there's always an article or two floating about with the numbers of it somewhere online.

It goes to the Youth Development side of the club. As a registered lottery, you should be able to get details about their income and receipts from them, if not via FOI from the local Authority.

I tried to encourage a mate to sign up to this today. Given that if as close to every rangers fan as possible, donated as much as possible every week, the financial results could be massive. The reason he gave me for not doing it was he wasn't convinced the money would actually be going to the club. Maybe if the club gave us some sort of clarification/evidence exactly where t went to/how it was used, allot more people would sign up?

I've answered this question a number of times. I notice you've just joined and this is your first message so perhaps you haven't seen the previous replies.

Each year I personally hand over a cheque to the club. It goes to a line in the club accounts called Rangers Youth Development. Our money is ring fenced for Youth Development, it legally, cannot be spent on any other part of the club. The pic on my Bio is from last year when I handed over another £175,000 to our MD, Head of Academy and Danny Wilson. I'll be handing over another 6 figure cheque in early January. This will take us to over £7.5m in the 16 years I've been in charge.

If you would like to forward your friends' details we'll give him a call if that helps?

Many Thanks
Colin

I reckon more would sign up if the money was going direct into the first team kitty than the youths to be honest.

I reckon more would sign up if the money was going direct into the first team kitty than the youths to be honest.
Honestly if you think that's a reason then poor show on them that use that as an excuse, as little as a £1 a week to develop players for the FIRST team.

I've answered this question a number of times. I notice you've just joined and this is your first message so perhaps you haven't seen the previous replies.

Each year I personally hand over a cheque to the club. It goes to a line in the club accounts called Rangers Youth Development. Our money is ring fenced for Youth Development, it legally, cannot be spent on any other part of the club. The pic on my Bio is from last year when I handed over another £175,000 to our MD, Head of Academy and Danny Wilson. I'll be handing over another 6 figure cheque in early January. This will take us to over £7.5m in the 16 years I've been in charge.

If you would like to forward your friends' details we'll give him a call if that helps?

Many Thanks
Colin

Thanks for your reply. I have forwarded it on. I do agree with what some people have said above, say we had something like this and the club said all the takings would go to our transfer budget people would be throwing money at it.

Honestly if you think that's a reason then poor show on them that use that as an excuse, as little as a £1 a week to develop players for the FIRST team.

I still donate £5 a week to this so I don't in any way disagree with its purpose, but I do think if we had something like this going to the club's transfer budget we'd have people signing up left right and centre. Just an idea.

Back