Points Target for next 3 Europa games

We will be doing extremely well to get a point away to Young Boys.

This is the Swiss Champions, no mugs, they have CL experience as well.

As for Porto, again, same thing. They were in the CL quarters last season.

2 points from the next 3 games is acceptable IMO, that will put us on 5 points. Win the last game against Young Boys, finish on 8, half a chance of qualifying. Anything else is a bonus.

A scenario of last year after 5 games will suit me. A win at home, destiny in your own hands for the final home game will be a truly exceptional feat. Winning that last game will be unbelievable

Leaving the ground last night I says to my mate lets just take it one game at a time, don't get carried away like last season and by the time I got home I had worked out if we score 3 in Young Boys and Feyenoord don't beat porto blah blah blah.

Love it, 10 points out of 18 for us in this group.

I know that mate, but lets be honest, you can't sell a player for 25m and replace him with someone of the same quality for 5m and hit the ground running straight away.
That’s why they probably got put out of Europe straight away. They also buy players from South America and hope to make big bucks off them. This season is no different by the looks of things. They do look as if their starting to get their act together now and will be a really strong opponent. I honestly think we’ll be lucky to take any points off them over 2 games.

Getting a point away from home to any of these sides is a good result and hopefully can win our home games.

I’m just buzzing we’re back in European competition again with some big names.

More money for the club too

Four points is a tough ask given the opposition, but getting them would probably mean that, once again, we would go into the final match with a chance to qualify - and that would be a superb achievement.

A draw in either of the next two would be massive, the crowd at Ibrox for the Porto game could very well give us a chance to take 3 points in that game.

Anything in Feyenoord would be a bonus and again the Ibrox atmosphere in a game versus Young Boys in the final game of the group could help us get a win in that too.

3 points would be good. Reckon we will get a result in Rotterdam which would leave us on at least 7 going into the last match at home against Young Boys

I’ll take zero if it means winning every game in the league till new year. Maybe

But in reality, we probably need four to get out the league

Always hard to say until youve actually seen the teams but I thought before thursday porto and young boys were going to be the best 2 sides and if we didnt get 3 points we were really struggling. But we did and we've given ourselves a chance. either 2 draws or one win from those games still gives us a real chance though.

I do think, especially when Kents in there, we're suited to getting a wee away point and maybe our best chance of going through is a hard fought one nil away somewhere

The heat is on the home club to get the win. Therefore I think we should go for it in the away games . Not all caution to the wind of course, but be up for it.

Porto might send a reserve/weaker team to Ibrox, if they have 9 points in the bag, they see us a physical side and they want to save their powder for the Famalicao game. Three points from the next three games would be respectable, improve our co-efficient, help the bank balance and give us a chance of qualifying.

Assuming Porto win in Holland a win at YB would be massive, 6-6-0-0 and would see us still in with a shout in the last two games at least.

4 points would be a great effort. Draw at Young Boys and a win at Ibrox v Porto. Very difficult though.

How much do we get for qualifying?

I used to try and work out all the combinations of results for our Champions League groups until I realised a group of four teams playing each other home and away has a possible 531,441 different outcomes.

4 points would be a brilliant target I reckon.

Puts us on 7 points where most likely 2 draws or 1 win in the remaining 2 games would see us qualify.

Also Porto don't look as unbeatable as people are suggesting.

Watched bits of their game against Young Boys and they looked suspect at defending from set pieces and counter attacks, gave away a silly penalty & weren't exactly carving Young Boys open at will up the other end either.

I'm confident we'll get a good result in at least one of the games against them.

Got to aim to win the home games and maybe grind out an away draw hopefully that should be enough to go through

I was thinking today that the fixtures look so tough we should go all out for a win in Switzerland. I think that’s our most likely away result so sod parking the bus, balls out and go for the jugular.

This

I think if we play for a win in our next game I can see no reason why we would not win .

I would be majorly shocked if we got anything from the next two games. They might not be the Harlem Globetrotters but they are still very good teams

Considering the number of genuine chances we managed to miss in the Feyenoord game, I wouldn't necessarily rule out a draw in Rotterdam - in all honesty, their defence didn't look too hot.

Back