Points totals after 16 games since advocaat

millar2318

Points after 16;games every top flight season since wee dick (challenges accepted Ive shotgun counted half cut):

98-99 31 points
99-00 46 points
00-01 32 points
01-02 34 points
02-03 42 points
03-04 38 points
04-05 39 points
06-07 28 points
07-08 35 points
08-09 36 points
09-10 37 points
10-11 41 points
11-12 39 points
16-17 29 points
17-18 30 points
18-19 31 points

Everyone will have their own take on it. Me personally I think where we've had to come from and the resources we have, it's not too bad, and things are improving.

As I say though, folk will have different takes. Discuss.

I’d suggest the relevance to previous years is nil or not important to be honest.
Are we closer to them than we were last season?

Last edited:
This kind of stat presented on its own is actually a pretty useless indicator of anything.

I’ve been watching loads of games from the 90s early 2000s on YouTube recently. We were phenomenal during Advocats first 2 years.
Pretty much the whole 90s we were incredible and I remember most of the Scottish MSM were saying we were shit, as were loads of c****c fans! They loved our failures in Europe. We’ve never, in my time supporting and reading about the club been given the credit we deserved.
I no longer read or care what tims or the media day as it’s usually lies and agenda driven. What I will say is we’re not as bad as we’re made out. We will get there eventually, and for the first time in many years I believe Gerrard is the man to take us forward.
31 points from 48 isn’t great reading but remember it’s only the beginning

I knew Le Guen was the worst of the lot...

Thought I'd try to deflect away from the point of the thread :rolleyes:

Very interesting indeed. The only seasons worse than this one after 16 games, are the 2 previous seasons and season 06/07 - each of those season's saw the sitting manager replaced no later than January. (Le Guen, Warburton & Caixinha).

Don't want SG binned but just shows that this season, League wise anyway, is not as good as some would have you believe and in different times could see the manager under pressure.

I knew Le Guen was the worst of the lot...

Thought I'd try to deflect away from the point of the thread :rolleyes:

My point was just highlighting past differences. A lot of people in other threads were going on as if we are in a disastrous situation - my initial response was that advocaats first season yielded the same points total after same games

It grew arms from there.....

There is no excuse for some of the points we have given up. away from home
  • Aberdeen in the last minute
  • Motherwell in the last minute
  • Today against Dundee
These are all games we should have won.

In the upcoming games against Hibs and St.Johnstone, I've gone from being fairly confident about about picking up wins to a belief that we might not escape either with a point due to the utterly fucking atrocious displays this week.

Back