Police braced for Rangers fans breaking lockdown rules on trophy day

They should have plenty practice by then. We've seen all sorts of 'illegal' gatherings in parks and other open spaces in recent weeks. There will be countless more as the pubs open, restrictions are lifted and the weather improves, yet they're worried about a closed door game 6 weeks from now? FFS. What a country.

they won't allow the bears to party in the streets thats for sure .they took too much stick last time .beware

Absolutely no chance would I settle for a mobile phone stream for one of the most iconic moments in our history.
iPad?

Nah I agree with you tbh. It’s a tough one. Luckily I’m a 15 minute drive from the house to Ibrox

Reporting and fear monger ing reaches new depths
It's no longer about positive tests let alone deaths but just about fear
By way of context why don't they report the spike in cases caused by these "dangerous celebrations" last time. You'd have to assume because there wasn't one.
Police had to have tests and self isolate? How many of those turned out to be positive? I am guessing nil because if there were any it is too juicy to leave out.
With the way the numbers are going you'd have to assume similar scenes carry even less risk in May
But the chattering classes don't like such behaviour. Mainly because they don't like the working class who make up the majority of such crowds so let's write a load of pish about how it is a danger to society.
I was walking home last night and was worried that the guy on the other side had a lion with him that was going to attack me. Turned out it was a poodle on a leash. I can't believe he was so irresponsible and frankly think he should be arrested.

"No one likes us we don't care!"

I understand we are in a pandemic but I've waited 10 long hard years to see 55 being lifted if you think I'm not celebrating it you've another thing coming.

Probably watch the game at home and after we lift it head over to see the greatest sight that I have ever seen! Ibrox Stadium! and enjoy the vibes! :))

Well here's the action statement we have to be on our best behaviours and don't give these Rangers haters any ammo.

There's no Lockdown on trophy day. Restrictions maybe but no lockdowns
And all that was asked of fans according to the Chief Superintendent quoted in the OP article is to follow the restrictions which may be in place at the time - which might even be none. It's not exactly a hard line stance, is it? Watch the difference in rhetoric around it from media and politicians though.

Calling out around the world
Are you ready for a brand new beat
Summers here and the time is right
For dancing in the street.

Reporting and fear monger ing reaches new depths
It's no longer about positive tests let alone deaths but just about fear
By way of context why don't they report the spike in cases caused by these "dangerous celebrations" last time. You'd have to assume because there wasn't one.
Police had to have tests and self isolate? How many of those turned out to be positive? I am guessing nil because if there were any it is too juicy to leave out.
With the way the numbers are going you'd have to assume similar scenes carry even less risk in May
But the chattering classes don't like such behaviour. Mainly because they don't like the working class who make up the majority of such crowds so let's write a load of pish about how it is a danger to society.
I was walking home last night and was worried that the guy on the other side had a lion with him that was going to attack me. Turned out it was a poodle on a leash. I can't believe he was so irresponsible and frankly think he should be arrested.

I'll be meeting up with mates, in someone's garden or house. Absolutely no need to travel and stand outside Ibrox.

Celebrate with your family or friends instead, we wont even be in the stadium so very little point really, and after last time you can be assured the players will have been told not to go to the fans.

The police will be a lot more heavy handed this time, we get the blame and it's terrible PR, it's a lose lose of you go.

I'll be pissed and having a cracking time watching the game then celebrating with my pals, sounds like a cracking day.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/third-covid-wave-deaths-uk-vaccine-rollout-scientist-130542744.html according to this expert we are looking at a possible 50,000 deaths from this third wave.

Probably best looking at real world results of vaccination programs ahead of us rather than listen to another doom monger having his 5 minutes of attention.

Israel are ahead of us and using one of the vaccines we are using is returning to normality and cases (and more importantly deaths and hospitalisations) continue to fall

Covid: 'Israel may be reaching herd immunity' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56722186

They would have blamed our the fans for a spike in cases, even a handful more but could only manage a story about a few police having to self isolate!

In an ideal world, I'd like Rangers this time around to make public whatever interaction and dealings they have with PS and the relevant city councillors.

Also, how do we know what restrictions we'll have five weeks or so from now?

Breaking lockdown rules?????

wee nippy has just declared that legally I can meet up with 6 people outdoors and travel outside my local authority area - there are no restrictions in place that states certain areas are excluded- if this was the case all towns and city centres would be empty apart from the designated 6 - the key is staying 2 metres away from other groups of 6 - do this and no rules can be broken

According to scientists we may well have reached the point of herd immunity due to the % of the population vaccinated so up yees ya bunch a clowns

Hopefully they'll strategically place some meat wagons, so we can climb on top for a better view of the crowds at the stadium, and we can dance on top of it while we're there. Not doing anything that ain't been done before!
Cannot wait to head to Ibrox again on trophy day. Bring a tear to a glass eye.

Instead of saying 'don't do this', they should accept it will happen and plan accordingly, including opening the stadium for a limited capacity.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if the trophy isn't given out on the day but instead at the training centre.
Spot on mate. This whole pandemic has been managed by stopping people doing stuff rather than safely enabling it such as outdoors temporary beer tents and food stalls on parks with toilets and social distancing, outdoor shops using pavements in front of their premises to sell stuff etc. Instead here in Edinburgh it’s just been an excuse to stick up walkways/cycle paths everywhere and block of loads of roads from cars and give council staff a year off work and using their brains to think of solutions. Safe celebrations could easily be held.

I’ll be at Ibrox and George Square similar to March the 8th.
Still waiting for this surge of numbers btw!!!!!

Back