Police presence / parking at PRW / Edminston drive

OZ1872

Everyone leaving the Copland Road end towards PRW last night notice how tight the police vans / vehicles were parked together to restrict the flow of fans exiting the ground by funnelling usthrough small gaps.
What the %^*& was that all about ???

Everyone leaving the Copland Road end towards PRW last night notice how tight the police vans / vehicles were parked together to restrict the flow of fans exiting the ground by funnelling usthrough small gaps.

That also caused a problem last week before the game, their own cop cars could not attend the disturbance, the cops had to jump out and run down Edminson Drive.

Been like this for the past few games. Noticed it after the Osijek game

It's been like that for a long time now..

Pain, but I would rather have that than a Scottish Nationalist losing it and ploughing his Ford Cortina through the crowd

Same on the broomie end mate

This is now state norm, so consideration should hopefully being made to install semi permanent barriers/bollards that are put in place during matches/events and free-up the police assets to chase other incidents like the hideous Sandcastle Liberation Front

It’s the same at the subway, two fans parked acros the street between the Louden and the subway, but you can walk on the pavements to go bye it.

As stated already, maybe it would be an idea for the club to petition to the council to install temporary bollards that can be erected during game days/events to ease the congestion and free up having to use police vehicles.

It's an accident waiting to happen, last night gap was only the width of a wheelchair, if they are going to do this anti terrorism procedure do it correctly and not a half baked effort, install the rectartable road barriers also there is no such procedures in place for concerts at the Hydro or large concerts at the Glasgow Green.

I didn't click that they were like that for a terrorist protection measure...fair enough.

Weird thing for people to moan about ffs.
Some folks just like a moan.

Good performance, No Windass, Not many leaving at 80 mins, No crowd trouble...

They were really scraping the barrel but they found this and scratched the itch that is complaining. Oh this and a 30 second airing of a stupid song.

Up next will be either; something food and beverage related, smokers in the toilets or something to do with the Louden?

I'm just buzzed it's not on-field.

It's an accident waiting to happen, last night gap was only the width of a wheelchair, if they are going to do this anti terrorism procedure do it correctly and not a half baked effort, install the rectartable road barriers also there is no such procedures in place for concerts at the Hydro or large concerts at the Glasgow Green.

There was the potential for crushing last night I thought. Not usually that bad.

I’ve not seen this at any other ground. Only Ibrox.

Does Intelligence knowing something and not letting on?

It’s called hostile vehicle mitigation. It’s to try and prevent terror attacks that we have seen across Europe the past few years.
Down in the Midlands we have to consider Vehicle Mitigation when organising our Orange Parade.
In Bedworth, where they hold their Remembrance Parade on the November 11th every year, they lock the Town down to prevent any miscreants causing mayhem.

There was the potential for crushing last night I thought. Not usually that bad.

One of the Willie Vass photos at 88 minutes shows the stands are still full at that time. More people in the area at full time will have been the issue here.

Again though, if people don't feed back to the police on issues like this there won't be any learning or alterations made.

Use the 'contact us' on their website and it will generate an email which will be sent on to the relevant people who plan the events.

Longer term though some of the mechanical bollards which can be raised/dropped would definitely help assist the flow of pedestrians out and cut down the numbers of cops needed to man the vans.

I’ve not seen this at any other ground. Only Ibrox.

Does Intelligence knowing something and not letting on?
It's done all over the place, but other stadiums and surrounding streets have alternative solutions in place to prevent vehicle access. Some have strengthened barriers, others temporary bollards fixed into the ground and others shut off vehicle access to all surrounding streets within a much wider area, therefore not as noticeable right next to the venue.

It's done all over the place, but other stadiums and surrounding streets have alternative solutions in place to prevent vehicle access. Some have strengthened barriers, others temporary bollards fixed into the ground and others shut off vehicle access to all surrounding streets within a much wider area, therefore not as noticeable right next to the venue.
Well I ain’t seen any of that at other grounds.

But you’re prone to talking shite G

:D

It’s called hostile vehicle mitigation. It’s to try and prevent terror attacks that we have seen across Europe the past few years.

Indeed.

I'm perfectly happy to spend a few moments longer funnelling through the gaps instead of finding myself under the wheels of an exploding lorry.

There are bollards 1m apart all the way along the kerb on the approach roads to the Armadillo / Hydro.

I'd rather it took an extra few seconds to get past the vans than be ploughed into and maimed by some nutjob in a bin lorry.

Hostile Vehicle Mitigation.

I'm the first to criticise the police for many things but this is absolutely required. Maybe they could leave a slightly bigger gap but a hostile vehicle along PRW or Edmiston Dr after a game would cause mass fatalities. See Nice for an example.

It has been happening since the start of last season. Anti terror measures as said above.

Given our new rep as sandcastle destroyers and stabbers, think the ISIS shitebags will stay well away.

Back