Police Scotland Complaint Reply

It's not a surprise to see Police Scotland, an entity that the SNP created, rapidly becoming the apparatus of their Party.

A sinister and depressing development. Something that is historically not uncommon in Nationalism across the world. Good governance tends not to fair well in such circumstances.

I've just received an email regarding my complaint about the tweet Police Scotland sent out after the fake video was circulated.

Dear Name

I refer to the complaint you sent the Police Service of Scotland via email on 17 May 2021, regarding the tweet sent out on Police Scotland’s Twitter account in respect of allegations involving potential criminal offences by employees of Glasgow Rangers Football Club.

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the delay in responding to your email.

As Superintendent within Corporate Communications, the department who oversee and manage Police Scotland’s social media accounts, I was allocated ownership of your complaint.

Due to the high profile and wide circulation of the footage there was exceptional public interest and therefore Police Scotland were asked by a number of different media organisations for a response as to what we were doing about the video. In addition, we received a number of complaints regarding the footage and the language attributed to some people who appeared in it.

As with any allegation, especially those with significant public interest, we assessed the situationand the best method to address the public concern and media enquiries. After consultation and permission from the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscals Service, we gave a response to the media and posted this on our social media channels. These are recognised investigation and public reassurance processes we undertake on a regular basis.

I don't propose to debate on the difference between certain words used in the tweet as this is very subjective, however we looked into this matter quickly and established no criminality. This was highlighted to the public and provided to the mediawithin a short timeframe.

I agree with our Professional Standards Department that due to the circumstances, your email and contents do not meet the criteria of a complaint, however I would like to assure you that any concerns or complaints about the police are treated seriously by the Police Service of Scotland. I regret that your opinion of how you felt the Police Service of Scotland should have dealt with this situation fell short of your expectations.

Yours sincerely

Derek Forsyth
Superintendent
Corporate Communications
I put in a FOI request to find out the cost of the 'investigation'. Haven't had a response yet.

I put in a FOI request to find out the cost of the 'investigation'. Haven't had a response yet.
If it's been more than 20 working days, submit a complaint

If it's been more than 20 working days, submit a complaint

13 working days so far. Requested the following:

1) The cost of the investigation by Police Scotland into the video of Rangers players singing along to Sweet Caroline while celebrating their title win
2) Any communication between Humza Yousaf and police scotland regarding the investigation
3) Any communication between Scottish Government ministers and police scotland regarding the investigation.

"I don't propose to debate on the difference between certain words used in the tweet as this is very subjective"

Nothing subjective about that line
It's utter bullshit
The person who wrote the response is a pseudo-intellectual idiot.

Words have determinate meanings.

Just because one might choose to interpret the use of a word in some weird way doesn't mean that the meaning is somehow subjective.

For example, you might choose to interpret my use of 'dog' as meaning cat. That's entirely up to you.

But that doesn't mean that the meaing of 'dog' is subjective, or that your interpertation is somehow justifiable.

Too easy to dismiss complaints from individual members of the public.

Rangers could now pursue this as the response is inadequate. Refusal to "debate" the use of language while admitting it is "subjective" is pretty damning.
It's not easy but anything worthwhile rarely is.
If the Police,Government,Media or whoever are continually receiving a stream of emails they can only fob people off for so long.
Stick to the facts and remain polite and eventually someone will listen.

I can understand the need to issue a holding statement to prevent multiple reports of the same issue, it makes sense.

the wording of the statement doesn’t.

"I don't propose to debate on the difference between certain words used in the tweet as this is very subjective"

Nothing subjective about that line
It's utter bullshit
No difference in the words used...No Sirree.

As adverbs the difference between allegedly and apparently
is that allegedly is according to someone's allegation while apparently is plainly; clearly; manifestly; evidently.

I can understand the need to issue a holding statement to prevent multiple reports of the same issue, it makes sense.

the wording of the statement doesn’t.
One of the edited versions of the video did appear to show Rangers staff singing that with add ons.

In its purest form, "apparently" is the adverb of something which appears to be.

It was not the wrong word. The context of the tweet they posted was unusual in that where police investigate a possible crime or refer to an incident they (and media in general) normally use allegedly.

Quite how people think this is Sturgeon and all of the SG/SNP party with some kind of masterplan which filters right down through the Chief Constable and every officer or staff member in the Police to a £20k a year civilian staff who operates their twitter deliberately changing words in this way to target us and demean us is beyond me, and giving them much, much more credit than they are due.

One of the edited versions of the video did appear to show Rangers staff singing that with add ons.

In its purest form, "apparently" is the adverb of something which appears to be.

It was not the wrong word. The context of the tweet they posted was unusual in that where police investigate a possible crime or refer to an incident they (and media in general) normally use allegedly.

Quite how people think this is Sturgeon and all of the SG/SNP party with some kind of masterplan which filters right down through the Chief Constable and every officer or staff member in the Police to a £20k a year civilian staff who operates their twitter deliberately changing words in this way to target us and demean us is beyond me, and giving them much, much more credit than they are due.
The police arent supposed to pre judge and therefore shouldnt be claiming our players appear to be commiting a crime. As it turns out they werent so any suggestion they were is wrong.

Its obvious there's a narrative set against us. No one is claiming its an organised conspiracy but you just have to look and listen to the media output, politicians comments, police spokespersons etc.

Ive been posting for years that Rangers need to employ a professional researcher to gather and present evidence of the bias, double standards and lies. Failure to do this allows our enemies to continue to attack us day after day. It would also enable posters such as you to look at all of the evidence.

due to the circumstances, your email and contents do not meet the criteria of a complaint

A simple response would be to ask what the criteria for a complaint is.

Not good enough, not remotely good enough. They were illegally instructed to comment from the then Justice Minister and have embroiled themselves in a political nonsense situation. This will not be going away and PS will get found out

You're naive if you believe that.

Would urge all other posters to submit a complaint themselves

It may not go anywhere but at least it gives them additional workload

You're naive if you believe that.
So you reckon the SNP have issued instruction to around 25,000 police officers and staff that they must do everything they can to besmirch the name of Rangers and that every one of them complies with it?

Or do you think some lackey in the comms department got rushed into firing out a tweet and got a word wrong?

Well done for trying.

The response is inadequate because it doesn’t recognise the potential damage to Rangers players by using the word “apparently” rather than “allegedly”.

However, was a tweet necessary in the first place?
i suspect they wanted to stop the avalanche of complaints they were receiving from people accusing players of sectarian singing

“A number of different media organisations”

c,nuts
The police have to respond to media when there is a grave situation of public concern.
After all, they are the thin blue line of defence between the public and chaos.
It is, however, pathetic to equate this urgency of real matters of grave public concern to the civic eruption of a football team's supporters' celebrations.

That the police cannot comprehend the difference at a senior level is actually the real matter of public concern.

due to the circumstances, your email and contents do not meet the criteria of a complaint

A simple response would be to ask what the criteria for a complaint is.
Generally it’s any expression of dissatisfaction that cannot be dealt with by an organisation as normal business. PS have clearly decided to categorise this as normal business in order to avoid the matter being escalated to the next tier in the complaints process.

So you reckon the SNP have issued instruction to around 25,000 police officers and staff that they must do everything they can to besmirch the name of Rangers and that every one of them complies with it?

Or do you think some lackey in the comms department got rushed into firing out a tweet and got a word wrong?

Yes because that instruction is necessary to send out a tweet eh!

Fucking Hell.

Queried their line why the complaint wasn't actually a complaint, and got this bullshit back

Seems like the ball is in the club's court. I dont have any hope that they will follow through

While your complaint does falls within the definition, however a complaint can only be made by the following:

· A member of the public who claims to be the person in relation to whom the act or omission took place;

· A member of the public who claims to have been adversely affected by the act or omission;

· A member of the public who claims to have witnessed the act or omission

· A person acting on behalf of a person falling within any of the above.

While you could argue that that you ‘witnessed the act or omission’, Police Scotland engaged with Glasgow Rangers Football Club as the video footage was directly linked to their employees and therefore the club, none of whom expressed any concern about how Police Scotland handled the investigation. The investigation was quickly resolved and established no crime had taken place and this information was circulated widely, through the media and our social media channels, to reassure the public and clarify the situation.

We act in the public interest and within the accepted boundaries of the law. There was nothing factually incorrect in our tweet and as such there is no requirement for a retraction or to issue an apology.

Hate crime is abhorrent and I’m sure you will agree that tackling all forms of hate is a priority for Police Scotland, a position which has widespread support across all communities and organisations in Scotland.

If you are not satisfied with the way in which your complaint has been handled, you may request a review by the Police Investigations and Review Commissioner (PIRC). If you decide to contact the PIRC, you must submit an application form to them within 3 months of the date of the letter I sent you, otherwise they may not be able to deal with your complaint. The contact details for the PIRC are outlined below.

Scotshit police are snp rc church and celtic cleansing and cover up agency. Wonder if they are still trawling through videos and cctv of Rangers fans celebrating "55" This seems to take precedent over organised crime,drug dealing,people trafficking,child abuse,theft,housebreaking etc. A waste of taxpayers money.

"exceptional public interest" what a sad indictment of our nation. Also saying they put the tweet out quickly to "reassure" the public so we're supposed to cut them slack isn't really acceptable.

I do not believe that there is an orchestrated campaign that involves all of Police Scotland staff being instructed to treat the Club and the fans differently.

I do, however, believe that the Nats are willing and able to interfere in matters that should be the sole province of the judiciary.

It is not good enough to suggest that the misuse of a word was down to a slip up by some junior staff member. It was a high profile incident. A law enforcement agency should be highly aware of the importance of using fair and accurate language.

It would surprise you

Although I agree it's not a full on masterplan however social media wise snp are well ahead of the game And know how to use it to their advantage. I'm sure they pay a company handsomely to do it as well.

Back