Police Scotland

JR Ewing

My first time at having to phone them last night and it really left me thinking "What's the point".

Been some trouble at my wee girl's school and last night it was brought to my door when a bunch from her year thought it would be a good idea to egg my house. Naturally my reaction was to get in my car, follow them and then chase the c**ts on foot but - old bassa alert - they were too fast for me.

Phoned Police Scotland, was held in a queue for ages. Eventually asked a few questions - not even full address details - and told it would be passed onto local force who would be in touch. Here I am 13 hours later and still not heard a peep back.

Oh for the days when you actually got through to your local station and they would be out to help.

Thank you Nickla and the SNP.

They'll turn up next week. Tell you that you were wrong for chasing them. Absolute shambles nowadays. half these wee dobbers need a good boot in chookies off the parents (not literally) Wont happen though.

Busy people I suspect. As frustrating as it undoubtedly is, I doubt egging a house is going to see much of a turnaround.

As an aside, about 20 years ago we took my gran home from visiting her own mother in a care home one night, not long after it had been turned upside down by a couple of junkie burglars. Cops were called, they asked if the burglars had gone, my mother told them she wasn't sure but that the back door was wide open and didn't really fancy going into check. Ok, we'll get someone up there. About an hour later an officer turned up on foot. 1 guy, 1 hour later. Cool story and that. Just saying, the police have always had some problems.

They'll turn up next week. Tell you that you were wrong for chasing them. Absolute shambles nowadays. half these wee dobbers need a good boot in chookies off the parents (not literally) Wont happen though.

Oh, I already got that row on the phone last night. "If it happens again Sir do not chase them". Aye, OK then......

Busy people I suspect. As frustrating as it undoubtedly is, I doubt egging a house is going to see much of a turnaround.
As an aside, about 20 years ago we took my gran home from visiting her own mother in a care home one night, not long after it had been turned upside down by a couple of junkie burglars. Cops were called, they asked if the burglars had gone, my mother told them she wasn't sure but that the back door was wide open and didn't really fancy going into check. Ok, we'll get someone up there. About an hour later an officer turned up on foot. 1 guy, 1 hour later. Cool story and that. Just saying, the police have always had some problems.

what if thats just the start of something else for this poster's kid? Is it not better to stop this in the bud before it explodes in to something it really doesnt need to be?[/QUOTE]

what if thats just the start of something else for this poster's kid? Is it not better to stop this in the bud before it explodes in to something it really doesnt need to be?

That's the big worry for me at the minute. She's absolutely bricking it about going back to school so I have to get in touch with them again this morning too.

Kids - particularly early teenagers - can be real nasty bastards these days.

Police Scotland are not fit for purpose. Nationwide police force does not work.

Tell them they shouted Alu Ahkbar or something, maybe you would get a better response (hopefully)....

That's the big worry for me at the minute. She's absolutely bricking it about going back to school so I have to get in touch with them again this morning too.

Kids - particularly early teenagers - can be real nasty bastards these days. Should even one of them even hurt so much as a hair on her head though, they will be making the biggest mistake of their lives.

I really feel for you and your family especially your daughter as at her age she doesnt need this crap and should be able to just enjoy being a teenager.

if you know any of their parents could you not even have a word with them and explain if they dont reign their kids in then you need to protect your daughter and will bring the police in.

I really feel for you and your family especially your daughter as at her age she doesnt need this crap and should be able to just enjoy being a teenager.

if you know any of their parents could you not even have a word with them and explain if they dont reign their kids in then you need to protect your daughter and will bring the police in.

I can't be 100% certain on the identity of the gang - and apparently some of them weren't even at her school - and plus some of the parents are even worse than the kids.

I was at the school for a meeting with teachers yesterday and it's absolute hellish what school staff have to put up with these days.

Keep trying to stay calm about it but as any parent will know, nothing brings out the red mist in you like when somebody is threatening your kids :(

I can't be 100% certain on the identity of the gang - and apparently some of them weren't even at her school - and plus some of the parents are even worse than the kids.

I was at the school for a meeting with teachers yesterday and it's absolute hellish what school staff have to put up with these days.

Keep trying to stay calm about it but as any parent will know, nothing brings out the red mist in you like when somebody is threatening your kids :(

That's just shocking mate. I really hope this gets sorted asap and most importantly your daughter isnt being too impacted by this and that she has good mates herself that will keep her spirit up and most importantly have her back against these little shits.

I would give the school a call just to make them aware and to watch out for any bullying of your daughter. Bairns change daily and may be best pals again within 24hrs but I wouldn't take the chance.

As for PS they are a joke.

I would give the school a call just to make them aware and to watch out for any bullying of your daughter. Bairns change daily and may be best pals again within 24hrs but I wouldn't take the chance.

I'm in contact pretty much daily with the school these days - to be fair to them they are doing all they can. Already had my chat with them this morning to let them know about last night's events.

When did teenagers become "bairns"?

Let the little shits away with it, then its bricks not eggs

Understaffed completely, Police numbers have dropped and I would estimate that 70% of the civilian staff have been paid off. There jobs are still required so guess who fills those spaces, yep you have cops copying forms onto a database for just shy of 40k a year. This obviously reduces the numbers on the street even further.

The thing is I'm sure 99% of people working in the force want to help but they can't due to staffing levels or being ordered to prioritise other things.

As said above, front line policing "boots on the ground" has all but vanished these days. The centralisation doesn't help - just adds another level of bureaucracy to work through.

My first time at having to phone them last night and it really left me thinking "What's the point".

Been some trouble at my wee girl's school and last night it was brought to my door when a bunch from her year thought it would be a good idea to egg my house. Naturally my reaction was to get in my car, follow them and then chase the c**ts on foot but - old bassa alert - they were too fast for me.

Phoned Police Scotland, was held in a queue for ages. Eventually asked a few questions - not even full address details - and told it would be passed onto local force who would be in touch. Here I am 13 hours later and still not heard a peep back.

Oh for the days when you actually got through to your local station and they would be out to help.

They will just put it down to a little over exuberance anyway.... :rolleyes:

I'm surprised that Policed Scotland didn't ascertain whether they were free range or organic eggs.

I've got family and friends in the Police and I don't envy their job one bit. The cuts made by the Nats have made it almost impossible for them to do their jobs properly.

When did teenagers become "bairns"?

Let the little shits away with it, then its bricks not eggs
I have a 34 year old who I still call my bairn. Where did I remotely suggest letting anyone away with anything ?

They also charge you for the pleasure of phoning them. (Money charge not criminal) :)

I've got family and friends in the Police and I don't envy their job one bit. The cuts made by the Nats have made it almost impossible for them to do their jobs properly.

^ Me as well,morale is rock bottom.They don't have enough staff to do the basics,and the staff they are getting either aren't up to the job or do not receive sufficient support and training to get them up to speed to an acceptable standard.

Police Scotland is a shambles.The road improvements is the only thing of note the nats have got right in ten years.

The thing is I'm sure 99% of people working in the force want to help but they can't due to staffing levels or being ordered to prioritise other things.

As said above, front line policing "boots on the ground" has all but vanished these days. The centralisation doesn't help - just adds another level of bureaucracy to work through.
Did we get unlucky at Hampden and get lumbered with the 1%? Two idiot filming Rangers fans with a full on pitch invasion going on behind them, with the rest of them charging back into the stadium via the kebab van

Thing is if you'd caught any, put them in you're car taken them to the station you'd be done for kidnapping likely lol.

I have a 34 year old who I still call my bairn. Where did I remotely suggest letting anyone away with anything ?
Bairn implies a pre school.kid, whereas the OP is talking about teenagers. Big difference, and if the police don't deal with it, it escalated when the scumbags realise what they can get away with

Genuinely, this is the fault of the SNP and former Chief Constable Stephen House.

Front line policing is literally non-existent due to cuts.

You'll be doing well if you speak to a police officer this week.

One of my neighbours had her parked car rammed by some hit and run driver on a Saturday night, she phoned Police and was told her appointment to come and see her would be Thursday morning WTF?.

I've been trying to figure out what the point of this was for about 5 years now. Obviously it benefited the government, but at no point have I ever seen any real proposed benefits. It's unfortunate that it's came to this, but it stands tall as an example of the SNPs pig headedness in legislating anything they want for their own benefit.

Think they have shifted to investigating easy online "hate" crime than actual physical real world crime.

If Nicola Sturgeon's house had been egged there would have been about 5 Police units there in less than 5 mins probably.

That's the difference.

Understaffed completely, Police numbers have dropped and I would estimate that 70% of the civilian staff have been paid off. There jobs are still required so guess who fills those spaces, yep you have cops copying forms onto a database for just shy of 40k a year. This obviously reduces the numbers on the street even further.
Yet the Traffic division is fully manned, priorities eh!

Phone them tell them they have egged every window in your house and they are chapping your door .During the conversation say "It's OK my daft wife has just shot one of them in the napper with her old shotgun and He's crying .Looks like they will stop it now .

You will certainly have them round .maybe even a wee helicopter

I live in Bishopbriggs, honestly before Police Scotland the boys in blue would be everywhere. Especially the traffic cops. If you wanted a policeman all you needed to do at one stage was to drive up Kirkintilloch Road to Bishopbriggs Cross with your mobile phone in your hand.

They used to hide in every nook and cranny trying to catch out unwary drivers.

Since PS however you rarely see a traffic cop, none. Efficiency of scale and scope my hairy arse it looks like a an exercise in resource reduction.

Tell them they shouted Alu Ahkbar or something, maybe you would get a better response (hopefully)....
Or tell them they were singing the Billy Boys and they'll be round straight away mob handed and probably send a helicopter for a more rapid response

Or tell them they were singing the Billy Boys and they'll be round straight away mob handed and probably send a helicopter for a more rapid response
Sad thing is this probably true. We have a problem police force that is being strongly politically influenced, if not directly controlled. This is a serious situation in any democracy. Fundamentally the Police should work directly for the citizen. They should have no allegiance to any politician. When that line is blurred then that is a dangerous place, especially when the media do not question the politicians either.

Gone are the days of the village Bobby,and up goes the crime rate,when I was young if you got caught doing something stupid the Bobby would boot your arse and tell you to go home and tell your old man ,but if you done that he would do the same.Do that today and your in court for assault.

Def waste of time asking police to do anything.Report it to the school and they must take action.Do anything yourself and you will end up at the police station.Welcome to the snp reich.

Although it is said often as tongue in cheek, ' The Billy Boys' joke is frighteningly true. Football fans and in partocular Rangers fans are singled out and its real criminals and trouble makers that are getting the benefit of it.

They'll have had two fat fucks nearby too busy sitting in a layby munching footlong subways waiting to catch someone speeding.

Only time I've had cause to call them was when I phoned them about sheep on the A90 a while back and they were quick to respond, could have caused chaos mind you if they hadn't got them rounded up.

I lifted a few of them over the fence before they came and the two coppers that came were brand new and had it sorted sharpish.

Why not literally?

A boot in the baws is exactly what's needed.

Agreed, Back in the day if you done something wrong there was a good chance you would get a ball kicking off whoever you annoyed and also when you got home but these days the kids know more about the law than the law itself. Go near a kid these days and they'll start shouting stuff that could possibly get you the jail regardless if true or not. As the old saying goes... ''Mud Sticks'', The kids are all too aware of this sadly.

Back