Police statement on Traynor attack

HenningBerg

WITNESS APPEAL, ASSAULT, CUMBERNAULD

We are appealing for witnesses after a 66-year-old man was assaulted in Cumbernauld.

The incident happened on Stirling Road, near to a wooded area, around 1.15pm on Wednesday, 12 February, 2020. The victim was approached by two men who shouted abuse before throwing a stone at the victim who suffered a minor injury to his face.

Both suspects are described as early 20s, wearing dark clothing with snoods and baseball caps on. They ran off in the direction of Palacerigg Golf Club.

Sergeant Christopher O'Neill, of Cumbernauld Police Station, said: "We have carried out initial enquiries and are now appealing to anyone who was in the area at the time who witnessed this to contact us. If anyone near the golf club saw anyone fitting this description, please contact us."

Anyone with relevant information should contact Police Scotland on 101 quoting incident number 2233 of 12 February or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

WITNESS APPEAL, ASSAULT, CUMBERNAULD

We are appealing for witnesses after a 66-year-old man was assaulted in Cumbernauld.

The incident happened on Stirling Road, near to a wooded area, around 1.15pm on Wednesday, 12 February, 2020. The victim was approached by two men who shouted abuse before throwing a stone at the victim who suffered a minor injury to his face.

Both suspects are described as early 20s, wearing dark clothing with snoods and baseball caps on. They ran off in the direction of Palacerigg Golf Club.

Sergeant Christopher O'Neill, of Cumbernauld Police Station, said: "We have carried out initial enquiries and are now appealing to anyone who was in the area at the time who witnessed this to contact us. If anyone near the golf club saw anyone fitting this description, please contact us."

Anyone with relevant information should contact Police Scotland on 101 quoting incident number 2233 of 12 February or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
yeah ,lighters ,bottles ,bricks and coins but once again I shall not be holding my breath for results as the past has shown the police are not very good at solving throwing crimes.Sing a song and you are looking at the poky.Sad times

That’s more of an industrial area, could it be they were from a local factory? If so I’m sure they would be recognised.

Regardless of who it is, the age difference there is striking and disgusting, but shows you the measure of these cunts.

Seems throwing bricks at a near 70 year old man is the way a certain group are heading and have been for years . Pure scum .

Out of control , do what they please . :mad:
It doesn’t say ‘bricks’, it says ‘ a stone’. It’s much better to stick to the facts in such a situation - makes it much harder to be accused of lying or exaggerating by those who would work against us.

It doesn’t say ‘bricks’, it says ‘ a stone’. It’s much better to stick to the facts in such a situation - makes it much harder to be accused of lying or exaggerating by those who would work against us.
Rock(s) ok ? Or do we have a picture of the said weapon

No doubt it will now be downplayed by Stewart, Leckie and co as just a wee pebble causing a trivial injury.

Im good mates with a family member of his, it happened in a kind of wooded secluded area while he was out a walk. There would be absoloutely no need for guys in their 20s to be in that area dressed like that for it to be anything other than pre meditated. Not a busy area at that time in the day at all and the chances of any cctv in the area are very very slim

Hello Harper Mcloed :rolleyes:

“Stones” then if you are being pedantic .

Somebody will know who did this. Scumbags and neds all talk. They grass each other up to the Police all the time. If the area has CCTV then they might get lucky.

No, but we have an official police statement.
Ye but isn’t the point that you haven’t seen the weapon they used ? How do you know it’s material and scale ? You therefore have left it to a press release which may be inaccurate . So for me I’m going with Rocks , that is the first term I got about it ( not from that report but from a media friend )

No doubt it will now be downplayed by Stewart, Leckie and co as just a wee pebble causing a trivial injury.

Kerryfail St and their mhedia mates will have it downgraded to a wee pebble that brushed his collar and he threw himself to the ground.

yeah ,lighters ,bottles ,bricks and coins but once again I shall not be holding my breath for results as the past has shown the police are not very good at solving throwing crimes.Sing a song and you are looking at the poky.Sad times
By the Police incompetence and the Proculator Fiscal losing evidence in the "Effigy Case". It has sent them a signal that it is open season on anyone or anything to do with Rangers.
They have caused this issue and if they don't not act in the manner that they should.
Then I fear it is only going to get worse.

Back