Poll: Have you had a tour of Ibrox?

Have you had a tour of Ibrox?

• Total voters
First done the tour in early 70s before new stands were built,been a few times after that,last twice I've done it has been with the Founders Trail,a must for all Rangers fans.

Yes

Once as a kid and twice on The Founders Trail, also been in for charity nights etc and free reign of the trophy/blue room and some other bits.

I went on the tour when I was 8 and I did it again on my 39 birthday a few years back with my son, great day out

Done it loads of times and never tire of it ..first time a few ago on the founder's trail and it's a fantastic way to end a great day ..also treat myself to hospitality every now and then (once every couple of season's) .. another great day out

Three or four times, last two with Founders Trail (so good I did it twice). As someone said can’t wait to do it again.

Been three or four times in the last few years but I went with my Old Man and the supporters club as a kid sometime in the sixties. My most abiding memories were the cinder track under the Main Stand and climbing the spiral staircase to the old press box on the roof of the Main Stand.

Yes once, in 2011 for my 30th - part of a Rangers full weekend that took in a 3-0 win over murderwell and the charity foundation ball. I met Craig Whyte that weekend - oh what could have been had I known!

Once is shameful for a 38 year old you’d think. But I’ve lived in England since I was 5. And even when I had a season ticket (99/01) I was only up on match day, so no tours on.

When I come up for games now I’m also working so expected at work not taking time off for Rangers.

But I really need to do a founders trail with a tour! Think I’ll book it for 2020 and just turn up at work later than normal one day, taking a detour from the airport. They can suck it up once.

Stats so far saying 90% have done a tour - good stuff!

How do we convince the 10%?

I don't need convinced, I'd love to do it, just never got round to it for some reason or other. Considering I first went to Ibrox in the late 70's it's a poor show from me.

3 times. Once in 2013, once a couple of years ago on the founders trail and in September there. Went for lunch at the argyle house restaraunt which was an excellent setting for it

Went with my family about 5 years ago. Think my uncle won it in a raffle or something. It was amazing. My then 87 year old grandad went on it and loved it. Credit to the tour guide who was Brian Matthews who was great with us all and answering all my grandads questions about 1950s Rangers players!

Went as part of a bus when I was about 11 and got to meet Andrei Kanchelskis . My brother spoiled it by being travel sick all the way up though !

No real reason for asking other than every now and then, a poster on here says they haven't been on a tour and I genuinely think it's a must for any fan. So I'm just curious as to how many have not been.

The Founder's Trail tour is also a must!

Edit: if not, why not?

Edit2: I've been 3 times and every time was just as interesting.
I've did a few over the years, my first one was when I was only 8 and the great Lizzie Love invited me and my dad and uncle in for an unofficial tour on a Sunday morning. What a woman she was, could barely see but she knew every corner of Ibrox. Was on the founders trail a couple of weeks back and her grandson did our Ibrox tour. The founders trail is brilliant

Been a few times
First time I met Scott Symon through wee bud & as a young 13 year old ,starstruck
Next time back from South Africa & hadn't set foot in Scotland for seven years 1982 & we weren't in the best of form , so Davie Provan opened the door for us & Tiger Shaw showed us round
Since then various visit,s through hospitality etc
Now a pensioner I still get a buzz

A few times over the years. Done the Founders Trail on 2 occasions and in my view is an absolute must for all fans.

Have done the tour and also when my son got married in the Blue room we had access to the trophy room and the pitch to get his wedding photo's taken.

Yes 3 times, once as a teenager, once after the founders trail and got married there 2 1/2 years ago so was about most of the main stand that day

Done it three times. First one was with the BB in the sixties. Will always remember going up to the old press box on top of the Main Stand.

I've never done it

Part of the reason behind that is living over 400 miles away from Ibrox for over 30 years now - my priority has been to take in a game - & fitting in extra time to take a tour isn't always easy - I'm not even aware if they even do it on match days ?

I might need to plan some extra time for a future visit

Other members of my family have done it - but they haven't had the same journey

Been on the tour once a few years back and will go again when I get a chance. Strange maybe but I'm not to fussed about the founders trail, I might do it one day but not too fussed if I don't

Yes. Twice with the Founders Trail, and once with a work colleague

Got a sort of free reign last year to look around, when helping out at the Breakfast with Santa last Christmas.

not done the official tour, but have had a look around the trophy room, sat in the dugout, press room marble stairs etc

I’ve got a voucher for free tour for 6 I won at a race night, won it last year hopefully it’s not expired.

I did the tour as a child and again a few years ago. A few years ago there was a wee elderly woman doing the tour too and she was 98! Will always remember her. I would definitely do the tour again.

Done the tour a good few times.When people say we should have a museum I believe our stadium is our museum.
Our whole history is wrapped up in the place.
Yes,there is an argument for somewhere to show our origins right through to the present day but I would hope that could actually be a part of the stadium rather than an additional add on

Done the tour five times. First time in 1981, last time last year. I have every intention of doing it again. Never get tired of seeing such a fantastic and historical place

a few times - once in the 80's - met Jock Wallace, Davie Cooper and Hugh Burns. Went about two years ago and took my two boys with me. Rangers staff was excellent .

I've done it three times and loved it each time. The trophy room is superb!

Hope to do it a fourth time soon.

Much better than going to a game in my opinion.

Havent done an official tour but had the pleasure as 12 year old of myself, dad, uncle and cousins being invited by Jock Wallace for a personal tour.
Jock was amazing and it was a privilege to walk up the marble staircase and be shown around by a true Rangers legend

Done the tour four times, the last one last year with the Founders trail. Finish your off with a visit to the restaurant in Argyle Suite.

Back