Poll: Have you had a tour of Ibrox?

Have you had a tour of Ibrox?

• Total voters
I’ve not done the official tour but have been all around the inside of the main stand during a Matchday inclusing trophy room etc. It was Warbs first home game vs Burnley) my lad was a Mascot that day.

No. Not yet. However literally just planning a trip back up the road in April for my birthday with some friends and we're going to book it for then. Can think of nothing better than starting my birthday at Ibrox.

No bad reasons why I haven't been. Moved away years ago and everytine I'm up its booked up.

Can't wait to do it.

A very long time ago. Wanted to take the kids when I was over in July but there was no availability so planning on taking them next year at some point!

Capture.jpg

I’ve done the full tour twice and been in the Trophy room lots of times as part of hospitality.

Been on the tour a few times and been on a tour of the HTC when Bain was still there.

My old man had his 60th birthday party in one of the suites in the Main Stand. Had puctures taken in the tunnel and the dugout.

Doors from the suite lead out into thè stands and were open all night. Had a nice wee moment to myself, reminiscing about everything I'd seen from my seat in the Copland over the years, out in the stand in one of the seats with no one else outside but me. One of life's Pefrect moments.

Like many, I did it as part of the Founders Tour.

One of the last things I did with my Mum & Dad before he died, so I'm especially glad I did it.

Also had the pleasure of meeting Tiny - great to put a face to a name and she was a class act.

No real reason for asking other than every now and then, a poster on here says they haven't been on a tour and I genuinely think it's a must for any fan. So I'm just curious as to how many have not been.

The Founder's Trail tour is also a must!

Edit: if not, why not?

Edit2: I've been 3 times and every time was just as interesting.
What is the founders trail ? I done the stadium tour years ago but don’t think this was part of it.

Done it as part of the Founders Trail nearly 10 years ago.
Tiny was our guide.
Rather poignantly for myself it was the last time I ever saw my best friend.
"Breathe in the history" - his words on the day.

Not been yet but definitely doing it next year .
Anyone know if it’s on during the weekends ?
Fri Sat and Sunday.10.30 12.30 and 2.30.
All depends on our home fixtures obviously and availability.
I took my dad,father-in-law and Uncle on the 10.30 this morning as the other 2 tours today were full.

Tour lasts for around 1 and half hours.

There was a fella from Siberia on the tour this morning.The tour guide asked him if he supported Rangers.
He replied in broken English “I believe in Jesus”:)

3 official and one private one with the former SLO. I was on tour and got Ally to write a wee note to my regiment. We were all told to just phone the SLO on R&R if we wanted a wee look around. I did and Jim took me and the wife around and into a few wee nooks that are not on the tour. It was magic!

No real reason for asking other than every now and then, a poster on here says they haven't been on a tour and I genuinely think it's a must for any fan. So I'm just curious as to how many have not been.

The Founder's Trail tour is also a must!

Edit: if not, why not?

Edit2: I've been 3 times and every time was just as interesting.
I have been three times, absolutely brilliant.

Fri Sat and Sunday.10.30 12.30 and 2.30.
All depends on our home fixtures obviously and availability.
I took my dad,father-in-law and Uncle on the 10.30 this morning as the other 2 tours today were full.

Tour lasts for around 1 and half hours.

There was a fella from Siberia on the tour this morning.The tour guide asked him if he supported Rangers.
He replied in broken English “I believe in Jesus”:)
Cheer mate , very helpful, I’ll get booked on .
Really should’ve done it prior to now but not had an awful lot of free time with one thing and another

Done the tour 3 or 4 times ,still not done the founders trail but hopefully will nxt year

I know this is a stadium tour topic. But cant recommend this enough (although I like history and genealogy as well as Rangers related facts).

My last time was Nov 2015, and I need go again.

You talk to random strangers. Rangers fans obviously. As well as learn some fascinating stuff. And tour of stadium at end.

By coincidence my Nov 2015 visit was same time as (I want to say) one of the founders grandkids... an older couple who took it all in and were really nice to talk to.

Done the stadium tour 2 years ago, trophy room, blue room, changing rooms, walked up the famous marble stairs, sat in the directors box and dugouts.

Magnifico day out.

Will do it one day. Preferably when the league trophy, the league cup and Scottish cup are in residence.

I done the tour about 20 years ago, a year or 2 after splitting up with the ex , took the kids to a holiday in Dunoon and when through for the tour , still got some great pics of the day. Great standing at the edge of the pitch and having the stands pictured behind you.
I've since had corporate and VIP treatment 3 times since then and been in the front door , up the marble staircase, in the blue room , players lounge and even had the trophy room to ourselves at one time, my 2 sons were a bit older then and remember telling them to make the most of it as you couldn't pay for an experience like that.

I did around 1972 I think it was with my dad , uncle , cousin and my best mate.
All of us Falkirk supporters apart from my best mate Peter who was a huge Rangers fan.
I can remember being in awe of the place and how clean and well kept it looked.
Also remember my dad and uncle taking their caps off when in the home dressing room seeing the picture of the Queen.
What struck me most though was the blue room... I could have stayed in there for hours looking at all the different trophies and gifts from clubs around the world.
Been to Ibrox many times since ( but not much in modern days ) ... watching Falkirk and also going there if the Bairns didnt have a game.
My best mate Peter died in his mid twenties ... he would go to Falkirk games with me when Rangers weren't playing.... happy happy days back then.
We never did a tour of Brockville though .

Seen access to pretty much every area of the stadium through RFFIT and the Founders Trail and also realised a lifelong dream to have both played and scored on the pitch a couple of years ago.

I went with the school in 1986 (Carmyle Primary) does that count?.
Thank you Mrs Blackwell (my teacher) Cool story, I met her up at Aberdeen when we won the league in '87. Big Rangers fan.

Ex ball boy pre souness years , looking bak i never really appreciated it , access to the trophy room , boot room , players changing rooms , press box every week was the norm

In the old days you could get an unofficial tour on Sunday mornings if you knew the right people. If you were trusted you were, more or less, left to your own devices to savour the public spaces.

Ibrox is magnificent.

Had a tour or two but been shown around when at hospitality, been left to wander about trophy room, blue room, manager's office etc. Trained at Ibrox, played on the pitch, dined in the blue room etc.

Every single experience has been very much appreciated, treasured and memorable.

The main stand is a museum in itself and the club we have is remarkable.

Done it loads, have family in Oz and Canada, any time they're here we do the tour and Argyle House for lunch, first did the trophy room and dressing room in the mid 80's when our RSC presented Davie Cooper with our player of the year award, last did it a few weeks ago as part of the founders trail.

Done the tour three times. Each time you find out that little bit extra that makes our club so special to us all.
The walk from the dressing room to the tunnel and out onto the pitchside really is something else.
Havent done the Founders Trail yet..

Booked the tour as a surprise for my man’s 30th he thought we were going to Glasgow to meet one of my friends and some shopping his face when we arrived at Ibrox for the tour was utter delight will ever be in our memories as the place we celebrated his 30th it was fantastic and we got some amazing photos of the day Ibrox really is a special place.

Not been on an official tour but have been in the Trophy Room the day we played Inter in 1984. There was no one manning the front door so me and my pal walked straight in and up the Marble Staircase. Cleaner saw us and was happy for us to carry on

Done it couple of times .1 with my girls and the other on the founders.also been behind the scenes on the ffit course .its a magnificent place

Done it once years ago would love to do it again. That walk through the tunnel onto the pitch must be incredible for a player

Done it twice. First time I had real goosebumps and was just like “wow amazing”
Second time I still got goosebumps and was just “I love this place”

Back