Poll: Hypothetically Joining EPL

Hypothetically, would you support the old firm joining the English Premiership?

• Yes

Votes: 950 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 422 30.8%

• Total voters

Bangersbc

First thing: clearly not going to happen.

But... On the back of the massive thread on this topic: If it was on the table, and the old firm were being invited. Would you want us to go?

Glitz, glamour and riches? Or integrity, history, European qualification and adding to 55?

Closer to happening now than any other time in history. To become a truly global power again and over time have a chance to win CL is a major plus. But the EPL is sanitised crap so if we were to lose our identity and soul I'd rather stay in this cesspit of hate.

There is something attractive about it, there’s no doubting that and the increased competition would be exciting but ultimately I think we belong in Scotland and should never stop trying to reintroduce our own league as a force in Europe.

So I voted no.

It's something that looks closer now than at any time in history. The failed ESL has the EPL clubs (the 14 left behind) admitting there needs to be reform. Holland and Belgium are also in the midst of reforming their top 2 divisions.

Given what happened to us in 2012 and the sheer resentment toward us from everyone in Scotland, it would be somewhat ironic should we leave for, financially, better gains. That aside, I'm not sure what else appeals? Would the support potentially tolerate a decade without a trophy?

Who honestly wouldn’t?

Scottish football is dreadful, there is little interest in it, the standard is poor, attendances (when allowed) are pitiful, there will only ever be 2 teams who can win the league.

For us and the filth to go down there and face the likes of Liverpool, City, Chelsea etc would be sensational, we could attract phenomenal players to the club etc, the sky would be the limit.

Never going to happen though.

No.
It would be sanitised pish.
I like going to Ibrox and watching us fúck Aberdeen/ Hibs etc, and it's not even a given that wee win.

Burnley and the like hold no appeal.

As I get older I don't have much of an interest in football other than going to Rangers games.

As part of a British league then yes, with Belgium and Holland joining no reason why it couldn’t happen.
Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and possibly Dundee Utd should also be giving the opportunity with a pyramid system to allow promotion to this league every season with the bottom placed Scottish team going into a playoff with the winner of the Scottish league.

No.
I like going to Ibrox and watching us fúck Aberdeen/ Hibs etc, and it's not even a given that wee win.

As I get older I don't have much of an interest in football other than going to Rangers games.
I know what you mean mate. Playing a great wee club like Burnley can't hold a flame to going to Kilmarnock on a freezing January night to watch guys play hoofball on a plastic pitch.

5045.gif

I'd be amenable to us joining it one day.

The mindset, culture and history of Rangers is such that the club would be competing at the top-end of the table.

As to that mob across the city, I don't care what they do.

Scotland is FAR to small for the old firm, the cash gap between them and every other club is ridiculous. In my youth Scotland had at least 4 potential champions but its now 35 yrs since the winners didn't come from the old firm. The tim procession when we were down highlights the fact they were shooting fish in a barrel.

Football is more than money.

Hypothetically, if the finances of the EPL were the same of the SPFL, would most of those saying yes still want to go?
Yip
No plastic pitches, more decent competitive teams to play, which would make us better.

In a few years we would not just look to participate in Europe but actually have a good chance of winning.

We have the potential to be huge in different circumstances.

Our trophy hall might lessen, but when we do win it will be huge

Hypothetically, if the finances of the EPL were the same of the SPFL, would most of those saying yes still want to go?
Yip
No plastic pitches, more decent competitive teams to play, which would make us better.

In a few years we would not just look to participate in Europe but actually have a good chance of winning.

We have the potential to be huge in different circumstances.

Our trophy hall might lessen, but when we do win it will be

Proper competition, teams actually playing football, lack of petty agendas against the club from officials and authorities and most importantly decent entertainment rather than playing a bunch of hammer throwers with everyone behind the ball nearly every game.

All more important than the money for me. The setup up here tried to destroy the club and we deal with blatant corruption on a regular basis, we owe them nothing.

I’m completely torn between the decision. We’ve totally outgrown Scottish football however it’s our birthplace & where we’ve grown to become who we are. But locking horns with the cream of English football who won’t park the bus, who won’t try & kick us off the park & be refereed to a far greater standard you’d ever see in Scotland.

Last edited:

But... On the back of the massive thread on this topic: If it was on the table, and the old firm were being invited. Would you want us to go?

Glitz, glamour and riches? Or integrity, history, European qualification and adding to 55?
Why is history down as an option? Surely we'd be making more history and adding to our legacy. And why question integrity if it's all organized above board? European Competition? Are we afraid to compete and fight for our place? Regarding 55 let's go for 55 + 1,2,3 etc new titles. What happened to we will fight till the day is done? If the opportunity is there we should not cowardly surrender it. Why can't we strive to show the rest of the world that we are as big as we believe we are?

Championship teams just roll over to accept us going to the premiership :)
Hilarious how some of our fans think the EPL need us.

Anyone hear Woodgate this morning on talk sport,

We're Bournemouth, we're a good team, would they beat us, i don't think so.

Had a good chuckle, i reckon we'd destroy them.

No.

I don’t think Burnley would be the draw the closer comparison for Aberdeen and Hibs would be Man Utd and Chelsea or any of the “big” 6.

With the increase in funding we would be challenging for champions league places or if just Europa League, in with a serious shout of winning it.

Back