Poll: Hypothetically Joining EPL

Hypothetically, would you support the old firm joining the English Premiership?

• Yes

Votes: 950 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 422 30.8%

• Total voters
Like I say, I dont think general tickets would go to tourists unless on the secondary market. Then you need to blame "fans" for selling their tickets. Mid table? I have no idea what £120 million a year of free money brings in terms of football. But you could say it was 11 players on £10 million a year each and £10 million a year for the best manager. Why does that equal mid table? At the moment its either finishing first or second in a league that isnt even mid table by comparison with most of Europe. And playing in Scotland doesnt really give you a shot at winning the EL. Prague looked OK but got gubbed by an Arsenal team we were all laughing at this week for being invited to the ESL. Its all relative.

Season ticket prices would go up, people would be priced out, we would probably end up at a new ground at some point with a bigger capacity. We are a big club and would attract people looking for a day out seeing Rangers Vs some English team.

The club would become a soulless corporate entity within 10 years of being there. The EPL has ruined football.

There is something attractive about it, there’s no doubting that and the increased competition would be exciting but ultimately I think we belong in Scotland and should never stop trying to reintroduce our own league as a force in Europe.

So I voted no.
I would like to know what could be done to make the SPfL a force in Europe? and I would also be interested in hearing the reasons WHY anybody believes better days are ahead for Scottish football given the glaringly obvious heap of shit it has now become? There’s no fixing it now, the time for that passed a long time ago and even at that there was only so much that could’ve been done had there been consensus and the will to improve things so I’m afraid it’s just going to be more of the same with the game limping on year after year with us and them dominating and them causing all sorts of bother when we are on top and stooping to new lows the longer we stay on top of them. THAT’S THE FUTURE if we stay in this hate filled cesspit simple as that!

Season ticket prices would go up, people would be priced out, we would probably end up at a new ground at some point with a bigger capacity. We are a big club and would attract people looking for a day out seeing Rangers Vs some English team.

The club would become a soulless corporate entity within 10 years of being there. The EPL has ruined football.
Some pretty large leaps made there. A lot of it would depend on how the club was run. Under the current regime, I don't think we'd end up that way.

Decades more of playing Hamilton , st Johnstone, Motherwell and the likes 4 times a year?
or moving on to bigger and better things?

It’s an easy one for me and let’s face it Rangers are painted as the bad guys in Scottish football , a situation that will only get worse if snp get another referendum and win it, (& where will the club and the suppprt be in such a situation?

Some pretty large leaps made there. A lot of it would depend on how the club was run. Under the current regime, I don't think we'd end up that way.

Our current owners won't be around forever. There aren't many British owners left in the premier League. A big club like us would be snapped up quick by some American.

Right now No from me, Rangers are built on relentless success and non stop winning, its part of our identity and we'd have many years of teething problems trying to establish ourselves as that down south. we are also steeped in the Scottish game historically and its part of the culture/tradition of this club, I dont want us to become a sanitised tourist club in England and dont want implanted into the EPL without a full british pyramid system that allows for other scottish clubs the same opportunities as us. Access to Europe would likely be more of a lottery because we are essentially guaranteed European football every year up here, and European football alone is more important than playing in a league with Burnleys and Southamptons.

Although i have to admit it is extremely tempting with the calibre of games that we would be playing, money available and prestige we would get globally, and the opportunity to escape this backwater full of clubs that tried to kill us. Its always been a desire of mine too to see our fanbase show these sanitised prawn sandwich eaters down south how to properly support their club.

If there is a wider move towards these larger league setups across Europe (i.e Benelux, Scandinavia, Iberia) and it appears thats the way the wind is blowing then yes, but for now id rather we tried to replicate the Ajax, Porto, Benfica model. Huge historic clubs in second tier leagues which make a success of it by creating a sustainable transfer and youth policy, meanwhile competing at the highest level in Europe - and i believe we are on our way to that eventuality on current track.

Not for me- would rather compete in the Scottish league (win it a lot) and try to make the beat we possibly can of that.
Not really all that interested in (maybe) winning the EPL once in a blue moon, and needing to get a billionaire sugar-daddy in to facilitate it.
EPL is a snooze fest as well.

That’s all well and good, but we were founded in Scotland and have played in Scotland for 150 years.

Playing in England, is something I’ve always found relatively daft.

Your picture is correct though!.
We are British and have played in Britain for our entire history. Our identity is British, not rabid snp republican tartan trannie Rangers hating greeting faced jocks.

100% yes ...from a sporting viewpoint if we have any future as a top club we need to be competing in a level playing field.

Added to that we will get a fair even handed administration of the league we compete in ... decisions/punishments will be handed down by a neutral governing body

No. It would more than likely be an utter disaster and can't see any reason why it would be different.

Voted ‘Yes’ though without 100% conviction.
I’m sure this will never happen and especially if we are tied together with the mentally challengeds. It seems impossible that the British-hating club who exist in a different time zone (Celtc Park Time, CPT) with their terrorist supporting followers would ever be considered suitable.

I’d prefer a future where Rangers played a regional league against some good technical nations as I feel it would be a good product , be competitive over the decades , and allow Scottish players and coaches to develop properly .
Eg Holland and Belgium and Scotland and Denmark .

the other aspect that occurs is that we’re there to be a BSL setup then how do we run the club competitively against clubs who are owned by gigantic oil nations and there budgets? Would we be pressured into taking on a USA or Arab owner eg . I just don’t want to go in that direction at all .

So as I say I feel a regional league with good other nations is best for us .

Every club in the EPL has silly money, and some outrageously silly money, it's nonsense to think if we were given loads of dough we would be guaranteed to be up there challenging, plenty have spent plenty and are still shite,
Imo we are a club with soul and values, you can keep the false bubble of the EPL, its a no from me.

No, I'd rather stay put. I don't like trophy-free seasons, and I'd fear becoming one of those loyally supported big clubs that never wins anything. I take great pride in our domestic successes and History.

Read that Burnley`s match day income is only 4% of total income, ridiculous! They could play every home game to an empty stadium and it would hardly matter

Voted ‘Yes’ though without 100% conviction.
I’m sure this will never happen and especially if we are tied together with the mentally challengeds. It seems impossible that the British-hating club who exist in a different time zone (Celtc Park Time, CPT) with their terrorist supporting followers would ever be considered suitable.
Unfortunately it`s both or neither, we are a package it seems

What do you think would happen if this went ahead and there was conditions that Celtic had to stop flying a trip Colour above their stadium as it was a British League..

If they knew we where about to join and reciece all the money that went with it do you think they would buckle and agree to that? The fallout from that between club and fans would be off the charts

What do you think would happen if this went ahead and there was conditions that Celtic had to stop flying a trip Colour above their stadium as it was a British League..

If they knew we where about to join and reciece all the money that went with it do you think they would buckle and agree to that? The fallout from that between club and fans would be off the charts
they were ordered to stop flying it in Scotland as it was against the rules to fly a foreign flag at grounds and they refused. A meeting of clubs was held to vote on kicking them out of the Scottish League, votes were tied and Rangers had the casting vote, we voted no for some reason

Our current owners couldn't take us into the EPL, they don't have the resources. We'd require significant outside investment.

If you ever had doubts about C1872, an EPL move would be the time to forgot those. We'd require part fan ownership more than ever.

They would cut up the Tricolour and use it for toilet paper if it meant getting richer . You heard some of them moaning about HRH being there to open the Games but in the end they got over it .

No, I don’t really see the point in it.

I like to see us fighting for the same honours as we have been for the past century and a half.

We belong in Scotland
The old firm will win the league for the next "century and a half" , hardly much "fighting" going on. The landscape has changed massively over the past 20 years and the old firm will now totally outgrown Scottish football on a grand scale , with only a possible handicap system keeping the other clubs competitive.

First thing: clearly not going to happen.

But... On the back of the massive thread on this topic: If it was on the table, and the old firm were being invited. Would you want us to go?

Glitz, glamour and riches? Or integrity, history, European qualification and adding to 55?
Surely they wouldn’t invite that terrorist supporting paedo harbouring club .

I would like to know what could be done to make the SPfL a force in Europe? and I would also be interested in hearing the reasons WHY anybody believes better days are ahead for Scottish football given the glaringly obvious heap of shit it has now become? There’s no fixing it now, the time for that passed a long time ago and even at that there was only so much that could’ve been done had there been consensus and the will to improve things so I’m afraid it’s just going to be more of the same with the game limping on year after year with us and them dominating and them causing all sorts of bother when we are on top and stooping to new lows the longer we stay on top of them. THAT’S THE FUTURE if we stay in this hate filled cesspit simple as that!

Ok, so take the English leagues off the table.

We just remain in the league without trying to find ways of improving our product and maximising revenue?

Sounds great!

The system is broken/flawed. That doesn’t mean it can be fixed.

Heard talksport Darren Gough and that diddy that does the snooker talking about it. Utter pile of shite I don’t know what has brought this old chestnut up again maybe the failure of the ESL. I would love us to be in that financial market but it’s like wishing to be a millionaire. A lovely idea but not ever likely to happen. I know Goldstein is supposed to be controversial but he really is a knob.

Back