Poll re preferred choice for Rangers right back:

If fit, who would be your first choice right back for Rangers?

• James Tavernier

Votes: 823 65.2%
  • Jon Flanagan

Votes: 259 20.5%
  • Buy somebody else in January

Votes: 181 14.3%

• Total voters
Candeias used to cover for Tav, which helped immensely. Without someone like that to assist when he switches off, his defensive weakness is exposed. Either get someone who will cover for him, or maybe move him to right mid and get a more defensive right back in Jan
We don't play with a right mid, unless you mean push him into the front 3?

I have faith in our Captain.

He needs a cuddle and some reassurance and he'll get back to his best.

Oh Captain, My Captain.

Seems the loudest ones about Tav are in the minority and the majority recognise a good football player when they see one. Nothing like a good poll to show the true feelings of the support.

I would absolutely disagree with it. Flanagan is not this solid defender that everyone seems to think he is. Are we just forgetting about all the glaring errors he's made?
Flanagan is evolving into Maldini now amongst our players detractors.

Flanno is cover, he likes a meaty challenge but has been caught out a few times with bad positioning and his distribution.

I voted to bench tav for a game or 2 as a wake up call and challenge Flanagan to pressure and give the gaffer a decision on who is given the nod.
But the reality is Tav will be our first choice

Tav but I’d take him out of the firing line Thursday night,think we will be defending most of the night so flanno for me

Bring in a proper right mid/winger who will link up with Tav. Ojo never will and Arfield isn't the answer out there. The right side used to be our strongest area of the team, now it's the weakest.
Failing that, I'd be looking to strengthen if possible. Though, I still maintain McCrorie is made for RB.

McCrorie as right back. He was chased as CB because of mistakes, moved to DCM where he was great. Now you want to play him at RB. Have you gone to the Ally school of management where playing people out of position is the norm.

McCrorie as right back. He was chased as CB because of mistakes, moved to DCM where he was great. Now you want to play him at RB. Have you gone to the Ally school of management where playing people out of position is the norm.
He played mostly as a RB in the youths and was a stand out there. I watched quite a few games with him playing there and it's definitely his best position imo.

Anyone but Tavernier. He has ALWAYS let the club down in the biggest matches and always will. From the SC semi against the scum (their 2nd goal came from him being unable to prevent the cross and he missed a penalty) to his abysmal performance in the SCF to his disappearing act in the humiliating double header against the scum the following season to his atrocious mistake at the scumdome last season to the numerous stupid mistakes he’s made so far already this season. How many times does he have to fail dismally in the big games before the penny drops that he simply is not good enough and never will be?
Wow

Anyone but Tavernier. He has ALWAYS let the club down in the biggest matches and always will. From the SC semi against the scum (their 2nd goal came from him being unable to prevent the cross and he missed a penalty) to his abysmal performance in the SCF to his disappearing act in the humiliating double header against the scum the following season to his atrocious mistake at the scumdome last season to the numerous stupid mistakes he’s made so far already this season. How many times does he have to fail dismally in the big games before the penny drops that he simply is not good enough and never will be?
Agreed.

Back