Votes: 19 7.1%
  • Preudhomme

Votes: 49 18.4%
  • Gio

Votes: 22 8.2%
  • Michael O'Neill

Votes: 9 3.4%

• Total voters
Was there not a poll earlier today. Preud'homme came top last time I looked on 38%. Rightly so

haha. I've never started a poll. Away to start one on favourite pies in the lounge.

Can't understand this Big Sam idea.The guy is a crook,wouldn't trust him.
Not only that,do you think big Sam would settle just for a few million in the transfer window,this guy would look for much more than we could afford.
Mciness is the man for me.Think he is under estimated by many on here.

Not only that,do you think big Sam would settle just for a few million in the transfer window,this guy would look for much more than we could afford.

Not only that the guy would cost a few mill in compo (Google it) so wasting your vote and time on someone that will never happen.

This is a very hard call for the board - I think this is perhaps the most critical appointment in our history. If Walter was willing I'm sure they would go for him as it's an easy option but doubt he has the appetite for it now.

My choice would be Gio with perhaps Barry or Neil McCann as assistant - but feeling that McInnes will be the board's choice

Not only that the guy would cost a few mill in compo (Google it) so wasting your vote and time on someone that will never happen.

This is a very hard call for the board - I think this is perhaps the most critical appointment in our history. If Walter was willing I'm sure they would go for him as it's an easy option but doubt he has the appetite for it now.

My choice would be Gio with perhaps Barry or Neil McCann as assistant - but feeling that McInnes will be the board's choice
Yes I agree.Don't know about Barry as no.2,I somehow just don't think he could keep his mouth shut at times to let his boss do the job.

Honestly, I have not got a clue?

Last time around it was Chris Hughton, not a chance of that though.

I’ve been thinking about it ever since Pedro Caixinha was binned and still have not come up with a name.

Never picked anyone can't make my mind up if we should go chasing or wait for interested candidates to come to us,Probably go for a realistic feet on the ground option rather than flight of fancy,McInnes O.K. I said it,To many other are just a waste of energy thinking about.

Posted 2 or 3 times in other threads that Allardyce is at best corruptible and at worst a corrupt spiv.

Just what we don’t need for a Rangers manager.

Far too many got short memories of the last time we let wide boys into our club.

There's been quite a few polls in the last 36 hours and it's crazy the changes in results.

People are obviously warming to McInnes. Make it happen King.

Big Sam as manager ? I don't get the clamour for him .

As for Barry back at Rangers , sad times wanting him anywhere near the managers office

Big Sam for me.

We desperately need to strengthen the defensive side of things and stop losing goals to inferior teams.

He has a good record of beating better teams too. That's what we need to compete with Celtic just now.

Who do I want? That's easy. Alex Ferguson, twenty five years ago.

Who do I want out of the realistic contenders? That's trickier.

My head says McInnes. He's taken Aberdeen as far as he can. They're a side operating at full capacity, but they are, and always will be, a class below Celtic. That is simply down to the size of both clubs. You can be the best driver in the world but if you're driving a hatchback, you'll never win an F1 race.

Aberdeen do not (and never again will have) the potential to win the title. Rangers do.

Let's not forget that up until Whyte took us over and ruined us, we had won three in a row. Upon the ten point penalty for entering administration, we slipped fourteen points behind Celtic in the title race that season. Arguably, the only reason we sat four points behind them prior to that was due to the uncertainty caused by the way Whyte was operating the club. So this notion that we are not only 'light years' behind Celtic, but will never be able to overtake them again, is defeatist nonsense. We are going in the correct direction if you look at it in that timeframe. Even compared to last season, we're closer to them than we were. McInnes must think that if a failed Caixinha regime can still be within eight points of them, surely he can get us even closer, especially next season beginning with a clean slate? That must make him tempted to take the job.

On the other hand, his experiences at Aberdeen and this glass ceiling mentality in regard to catching Celtic may play on his mind and may have given him a complex that, no matter what he does, he'll never better Rodgers or any of his successors at Celtic. If so, then that clearly has to disqualify him as a candidate. It is absolutely essential that whoever we appoint really believes we can win the title every season, that we can win every Glasgow derby, that we can win every cup and can make the squad believe this too. Souness could do it, Smith could do it, Advocaat and McLeish - in patches - could do it. Could McInnes?

We need a manager who every single player respects and has a little bit of fear towards, but who would do anything for them. Someone who has an aura about them. No factions, no player fall outs. Just one united dressing room going into war every game, whether it's a Glasgow derby home or away, or a wet evening match in Perth or Dingwall. Three points must be the target in every league game and we must be ruthless in our pursuit of it. That's how to be a good manager, and the question is does McInnes have the ability to be that manager at a club like Rangers?

There's been quite a few polls in the last 36 hours and it's crazy the changes in results.

People are obviously warming to McInnes. Make it happen King.

I think it's a realisation that this is the level we are at now, given that we don't have the money we had twenty years ago, and given that Scottish football is not the draw it once was.

I remember a lot of Bears being somewhat underwhelmed when McLeish - the Hibs boss - was announced as Advocaat's successor. Well that was sixteen years ago when we were still spending millions, this is now 2017 when we are still recovering from the nightmare of liquidation in the pursuit of becoming Scottish champions again.

Ideally, we'd have sailed up through the divisions first time of asking, Mark Warburton would have won us the league by twenty points last season and we'd currently be top of the league and fighting for a last 16 spot in the CL after Christmas. That's more or less the ceiling of what a Scottish club can achieve, and we will get back there, but there will be hiccups long the way. Spending two seasons in the Championship was one such hiccup. The cup exit to Motherwell another, culminating in Pedro's sacking.

We hit rock bottom when we were being run by the Wigs and playing fourth tier Scottish football. But despite not being back to where we want to be yet, we're getting closer every season. Are we in a better place now than in 2012? Yes.

2013? Yes.

2014? Yes.

2015? Yes.

2016? Yes.

McCoist, McDowell, McCall, Warburton, Murty and Caixinha have all played their part to getting us back this far, and now we pass the baton onto someone else. Hopefully that man, whoever he is, will be the man who lands us title number 55, without the need for another change of manager before that glorious day inevitably arrives.

Tolerance and sanity, always.

Big Sam Allerdice fills me with dread am I the only one,He gives me the impression he's a crook and doesn't really fit the bill as a Rangers manager.

Nobody seems to be considering Mikel Arteta. Has been learning his trade at Man City and would have plenty of contacts. He would get my vote if he was on the list, but from that lot Gio would be better than any of the brits on there. Can't believe Moyes is even on there as Allardyce is enough of a p155 take.

I honestly don't know.

Preudhomme looks good on paper and I voted for him. But there's no doubt he's a 'risk'

Ain't got a clue who I'd like to see as manager yet.
But whoever it is will get my backing

I’m with you in finding the enthusiasm for Allardyce utterly baffling.

We’ve had enough financial issues over the last few years without wondering whether a signing was being made because we’ve found the right player or because it will line his pockets somehow.

I'd like big Sam to be the new manager but I just can't see that happening. Especially if this clause about owning Palace money if he signs for another club.

Walter would be great to come back in. However, I do think he should just be left alone to enjoy his retirement and all that he achieved before.

McInnes I think is a pretty safe bet. Especially for the league - he knows it well and what is required. At Rangers he'll certainly have more to work with.

Back