Poll - will katic be a first choice starter this season?

Will katic be the other first choice centre-back this season or will we sign another starter?

• Katic first choice.

Votes: 353 87.4%
  • Another starter is signed.

Votes: 51 12.6%

• Total voters
Hope so, his end of season form was great and he brings an extra goal threat to our team at set pieces/corners.

Fair chance he will step up to Croatian main squad this year.

The big man obviously started last season well but then had a sticky spell and was dropped for big joe worrall.

He then returned to the side and rekindled a good partnership with goldson albeit the league was practically finished.

With mcauley and worrall away we will definitely sign one, probably 2 centrebacks.

Do you think gerrard/allen will be looking for a starter centreback or backups?

Ive a feeling S.Gs.going to play 3 at the back depending on who we play against, horses for courses comes to mind.

Katic and Goldson is an amazing partnership. Both in same wavelength and both quality players. Very happy when the duo start as they are our best pairing

Ive a feeling S.Gs.going to play 3 at the back depending on who we play against, horses for courses comes to mind.

We only have 2 centrebacks broo_O

To play 3 regularly we wouod really need to sign another 3 which aint going to happen.

He’s been our best centre half and he’s currently getting caps for Croatia U21. He will only get better and better and could turn out to be some player. Him and Goldson are the best partnership in my opinion. I really like him too, has a brilliant mentality.

Think he won the gaffer over in the last month or two of the season there. A decent goal threat too, he should be starting for us a majority of our games.

Doesn't look like it mate, judging by our signings so far.

It all points towards the Xmas tree formation we finished the season with.

Im in 2 minds.

I love the big man and his attitude and spirit are first class, exactly the type of warrior we need espesh at centre-back and i think he has a real chance of developing into a top defender.

But he is only 22 which is young for a centrehalf.

He did have that sticky spell and i do think his positioning can be suspect, my mind keeps wandering back to how easily he was skinned in last mentally challenged game by either edouard or ntcham when they missed the sitter.

We do only have 2 central defenders so pretty sure 2 will be brought in.

Possibly 1 being a “project’ style player.

The question is for the other player do we look to bring in a first choice starter, someone to challenge nikola or a backup/older head type to stand in for goldson/katic when they are injured/susp/rested.

Peesonally id like a starter brought in but conscious we have a limited budget and might need to prioritise elsewhere.

Do think we need to bring in as good a 3rd centreback as we can possibly afford even if its just to challenge katic or goldson depending on your preference.

Real Madrid have just spent 50 million euros on a 21 year old centre back, De Ligt will go for feck knows how much.

Katic has settled well played more good games than bad and shown he has the right attitude, it should be his shirt to lose.

Play him now he's good enough and will only get better with more minutes under his belt.

If the progress like they should Katic and Kamara will have big clubs sniffing about them in a couple of seasons for big money decent runs in Europe and take our rightful place as champions big money for both .

Based on his performances for the run in absolutely 100%. Was a massive mistake to have left him out. However, I guess it depends on who we bring in.

For me, Katic has earned his place as a a firstly team starter until he gives the reason to try someone else.

Back