Poll - Would you sell Morelos if it meant Rangers signing 3-4 ‘quality signings’ this summer?

Would you sell Morelos if it meant getting in 3-4 ‘quality’ signings

• Yes

Votes: 844 89.9%
  • No

Votes: 55 5.9%
  • Don’t know

Votes: 30 3.2%
  • Who is Morelos?

Votes: 10 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

strathavenbear

Very rarely you get a 100% success rate with transfers in.
Lose Alfie we need to replace his goals first of all and that won't be easy. On the other hand he's no use to us suspended. Maybe the piggery game and missing out on the Copa America are the wake up call he needs, but I'm not convinced

Laudrup11Cooper

Impossible to answer. If we got 4 quality players who hit the ground running and really add to our team then yes. If we get 4 Joey Barton’s then no.

The issue is that, even spending £4-5mill you are still taking a bit of a gamble these days.

I’d probably prefer to keep Alfie because we know he works. But if we sell him and spend the money wisely then it could end up even better.
That’s the dilemma I’m afraid…that SG faces
I don’t envy him.

Danger Zone

Strange view. Tav is instrumental to our attacking play & tbh we didn't really miss Morelos that much when he was out at the end there.
And we missed him in a huge way when he was out and the games weren’t dead rubber.

I suspect we’d have beaten those sides comfortably if it was Morelos staying in the team and Tav sitting out.

a_weir

Easily.

We play better football with Defoe and Arfield as our front 2. Morelos absolutely does not dummy it for the second goal against the mhanks.

Morelos is a fantastic footballer and his performances have absolutely lifted us and his goals are invaluable but we’d be stupid to not cash in and reinvest.

Blue Skies At Night

And we missed him in a huge way when he was out and the games weren’t dead rubber.

I suspect we’d have beaten those sides comfortably if it was Morelos staying in the team and Tav sitting out.
It's a fair assessment that they were pretty much meaningless games but there's no getting away from the fact it was our most consistent spell of good football all season.

I love Morelos & obviously think he brings a lot to the table but I feel Tav is more important a player for us overall. That's without taking the liability issues into consideration either.

devilman

I think Morelos is a great wee player - however, he can't keep the head here in Scotland. Far too easy to wind up and will get caught out far too often. That's not to say he wouldn't flourish in another country away from the goldfish bowl in Glasgow. So, that we means to me we can still command a decent fee for him but I'd rather we replace him with a couple of other quality players.

Ponientebear

Easily.

We play better football with Defoe and Arfield as our front 2. Morelos absolutely does not dummy it for the second goal against the mhanks.

Morelos is a fantastic footballer and his performances have absolutely lifted us and his goals are invaluable but we’d be stupid to not cash in and reinvest.
Unfortunately we didn’t play the same way, maybe if we didn’t leave Morelos so isolated and pushed Arfield further up in support then things would have looked a little bit different in some people’s warped minds.

Danger Zone

It's a fair assessment that they were pretty much meaningless games but there's no getting away from the fact it was our most consistent spell of good football all season.

I love Morelos & obviously think he brings a lot to the table but I feel Tav is more important a player for us overall. That's without taking the liability issues into consideration either.
Yeah but when you’ve got Morelos out of the side for extended spells twice, first time was during competitive games and we were hopeless, second time was during dead rubber games and we won. It paints a pretty clear picture as I think it’s unfair on Morelos to brush that fact aside to imply we were as good or better without him.

azoots217

it's fairly obvious that the majority would take the cash and reinvest in 3 maybe 4 players , the football market is also obviously mental but with Alfredos disciplinary record do the board think we will get anywhere near the no less than 20million some posters are quoting , I think not but really hope I'm wrong

a_weir

Unfortunately we didn’t play the same way, maybe if we didn’t leave Morelos so isolated and pushed Arfield further up in support then things would have looked a little bit different in some people’s warped minds.
Fucking hell mate take a chill pill.

Morelos is a greedy striker, most of the greatest strikers are. That is a fact.

Blue Skies At Night

Yeah but when you’ve got Morelos out of the side for extended spells twice, first time was during competitive games and we were hopeless, second time was during dead rubber games and we won. It paints a pretty clear picture as I think it’s unfair on Morelos to brush that fact aside to imply we were as good or better without him.
The first time he was out Davis & Defoe were nowhere up to speed & we were also still really experimenting with our shape. IIRC we had fat Flannigan at LB too. It's kind of an apples & oranges comparison really.

Just to be clear here, I'm not saying I want rid of him. Just out of him & Tav I think Tav would be the bigger loss as we stand just now.

ClockworkOrange

It's a no brainer: of course. He is generally less important to the team than many people assume.

We dropped points in 15 games this season. Morelos played in 12 of those games. Suggesting that we suffered for his absence is really a rather odd manipulation of data.

Colinstein69

Question essentially boils down to 'would you sell Morelos if it meant having a better chance to win the league'. Anyone voting anything but yes needs looked at.