Poll - Would you sell Morelos if it meant Rangers signing 3-4 ‘quality signings’ this summer?

Would you sell Morelos if it meant getting in 3-4 ‘quality’ signings

• Yes

Votes: 844 89.9%
  • No

Votes: 55 5.9%
  • Don’t know

Votes: 30 3.2%
  • Who is Morelos?

Votes: 10 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Laudrup11Cooper

Read somewhere saying Morelos will only go to a team that will be playing Champions League football next season?

If true that may put the kibosh on selling him to say …Newcastle

It has also been said that if Morelos stays there could be very few ‘quality’ signings this summer
(‘Quality signings’ A phrase our manager used himself.)

Which again may only be paper talk …

So …should Gerrard ‘stick or twist’ with ‘Alfie’ knowing how big a season this is?

Update_ It seems overwhelmingly that most would sanction Alfie’s sale if it meant that 3-4 ‘quality signings’ were brought in
Maybe the follow up to this should be ………

Do you think Gerrard would sanction this under these circumstances if this sale allowed him to bring in these ‘quality signings’ he says we need …

Or

Will he try and resist any forth coming offers (if there are any) and build the forward line again around Morelos?

Last edited:
Terrific young player, but his card's marked in Scotland. He's treated far too hard by referees and I can't see that changing, even though it should.

We're still trying to get back to where we should be too so we'll simply need to sell decent prospects earlier then we'd all like for a while yet.

I’d sell him for one quality signing tbh, we simply can’t rely on him. There hasn’t been that much speculation and maybe other people think the same. I could see him moving next year as clubs will wait and see if he has turned a corner.

I love Morelos, but i probably would. Refs have it in for him up here so would be better for him to leave as well as long as its to a good team. Would mean being able to bring in a quality replacement and for other positions.

Alfie blotted his copy book last season with his sending offs in crucial games. He failed to deliver at times and in big games. I personally thought that we were a much better team without him. If he goes or indeed stays, I'm not fussed to be honest. The only thing is that his failure to deliver has undoubtedly reduced his value.

Read somewhere saying Morelos will only go to a team that will be playing Champions League football next season?

If true that may put the kibosh on selling him to say …Newcastle

It has also been said that if Morelos stays there could be very few ‘quality’ signings this summer
(‘Quality signings’ A phrase our manager used himself.)

Which again may only be paper talk …

So …should Gerrard ‘stick or twist’ with ‘Alfie’ knowing how big a season this is?
Ive gone with “dont know”.

IF two of the replacements are CFs who are better than Stewart and Lafferty then I’m in. But if Alfie is only going to a CL team, then there’s a good chance he’ll stay. And im happier with that.

We know what we get with Alfie and IF he keeps the head next season, I’d rather that than a bunch of maybes.

I think that's mental mate. I love Alfie and think he can achieve great things with us but if we could guarantee quality replacements then I'd go for it. Tav on the otherhand is a tremendous athlete, always available and is such an integral part of our team and how we play.
We won't be Playing like that this season Mate, were stepping it up from mid to front and I'm hoping Polson & BB will be doing the bursts up the wing.
To me mentioning Alfie & Tav in the same breath is crazy talk!
If Alfie took the pens I doubt we would be having this conversation TBH

If it means that we improve the team overall, yes. I think that everyone agrees with that. To be honest, it would benefit alfie as well as he wouldn't have to deal with Scottish refs and we wouldn't miss him every time he got a red card because someone fell over within 10 yards of him.

Impossible to answer. If we got 4 quality players who hit the ground running and really add to our team then yes. If we get 4 Joey Barton’s then no.

The issue is that, even spending £4-5mill you are still taking a bit of a gamble these days.

I’d probably prefer to keep Alfie because we know he works. But if we sell him and spend the money wisely then it could end up even better.

100% if we get what the going rate is, Alfie is a cracking player but we played better as a team during his latest suspension, the referees have his card marked and expect next season to be more of the same and also I don't think Alfie will ever learn to keep his cool in a Rangers shirt, his red card at the piggery was the last straw for me

Very rarely you get a 100% success rate with transfers in.
Lose Alfie we need to replace his goals first of all and that won't be easy. On the other hand he's no use to us suspended. Maybe the piggery game and missing out on the Copa America are the wake up call he needs, but I'm not convinced

Impossible to answer. If we got 4 quality players who hit the ground running and really add to our team then yes. If we get 4 Joey Barton’s then no.

The issue is that, even spending £4-5mill you are still taking a bit of a gamble these days.

I’d probably prefer to keep Alfie because we know he works. But if we sell him and spend the money wisely then it could end up even better.

That’s the dilemma I’m afraid…that SG faces
I don’t envy him.

Back