Poll : Would You Want McInnes As Manager Of Rangers?

Derek 'Delboy' McInnes As Our Manager?

• Yes

Votes: 171 46.6%
  • No

Votes: 196 53.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NorseGod

Is it just the same old posters wanting Derek McInnes as manager of The World Famous, Glorious Glasgow Rangers or is he actually wanted by the majority on here?

We being dumbed down into accepting him as the best possible candidate for the job?

An absolute resounding no from me.

We deserve better.

*Edit

*Eliminate all supposed candidates linked before saying Yes or No, it's do you want McInnes?*

Last edited:
I was in the anti McInnes camp when Pedro went. As time has passed I've read a lot of arguments for and against him on here and have now planted myself in the Derek camp.

Do I think he's the best man for the job? No
Do I think he's the best man available right now? Yes

Rather him over Moyes, Sam, Neil, Wright and all the other pish touted recently.

I was in the anti McInnes camp when Pedro went. As time has passed I've read a lot of arguments for and against him on here and have now planted myself in the Derek camp.

Do I think he's the best man for the job? No
Do I think he's the best man available right now? Yes

Rather him over Moyes, Sam, Neil, Wright and all the other pish touted recently.

You would accept a guy with a lesser pedigree than say, Ten Hag at Utrecht?

Ten Hags only apparent crime is not having played/coached here but has in Netherlands/Germany with success in both as manager.

Is it just the same old posters wanting Derek McInnes as manager of The World Famous, Glorious Glasgow Rangers or is he actually wanted by the majority on here?

We being dumbed down into accepting him as the best possible candidate for the job?

An absolute resounding no from me.

We deserve better.
I think this opinion of DM as a manager is very harsh. He has done extremely well for Aberdeen, he's got a good football philosophy and he's highly regarded in Scotland's football circles. Sure lots of arguments can be made for other candidates. I know you like Ten Hag and he'd be an exciting appointment. However, Derek McInnes shouldn't be a disappointing appointment in the sense we deserve better. He's way, way better than that.

I think this opinion of DM as a manager is very harsh. He has done extremely well for Aberdeen, he's got a good football philosophy and he's highly regarded in Scotland's football circles. Sure lots of arguments can be made for other candidates. I know you like Ten Hag and he'd be an exciting appointment. However, Derek McInnes shouldn't be a disappointing appointment in the sense we deserve better. He's way, way better than that.

I appreciate your sentiment mate, but in the grand scheme of things, 1 League Cup and years of nothingness should see him nowhere near the Rangers Managers Office.

We absolutely can get way, way better.

Out of those mentioned I think I would prefer mcinnes. That said I am not entirely convinced but think he has done a decent job at Aberdeen and probably merits a crack at a bigger job. Still think though that we should show more ambition and not be put off the foreign route. We should be employing the best man for the job irrespective of nationality. From what I have read I would take a chance on preud'homme

Of the candidates mentioned so far, and based on the apparent desire to go British, I’d select McInnes over the others. I didn’t originally think this but have been persuaded to go for him.

Has turned the sheep into a consistent performer, 2nd only to a team with a far, far larger budget and despite regularly losing his best players. Not being able to knock the bheggars of their perch is not a reason to discount him as the gulf in resources is massive. I genuinely think he’s done all he can with the sheep and let’s not forget how bad they were before he arrived. He has improved them considerably. Also manages the media well and is regarded as being a very good man manager, something we definitely need. I’m not sure about his footballing philosophy but the only philosophy I currently want is a winning one. I think McInnes fully understands the expectations at Rangers and would not be fazed by them. I get the impression he’s a character who would relish stepping up and I think he deserves his chance. If I had a concern, it would probably be his European record with the sheep, as his domestic record in Scotland is solid.

I get NorseGod’s desire for Ten Hag and would also like to see him considered, but I’m pretty sure the board will go British this time and on that basis it’s McInnes for me.

Its a no from me but out of all the names mentioned i still genuinely don't know who id pick. I just know he isn't filling me with confidence

No however if he happens to be the best candidate not that I know who the rest of them are then either we accept it or rather than employ what could amount to the best of an average lot, go and get who they want but that may be costly and we're skint after paying off fatty

Voted no. Was hoping for a more exciting appointment. Also if as reported we will have to pay 800k to the sheep its even more of a no for me. I dont think he's worth that and giving the sheep money is not something i would want.

If we do go for him I obviously would get behind him. I could see the sheep going for big Eck or Strachan to replace him

Last edited:
I appreciate your sentiment mate, but in the grand scheme of things, 1 League Cup and years of nothingness should see him nowhere near the Rangers Managers Office.

We absolutely can get way, way better.
He has done very well at the sheep , or as well has he could feasibly do . I thought they would struggle this year after losing a few key players but the ones he has replaced them with are probably better than what he lost I.e, may , Stewart , shinnie etc

I read another post on another thread saying we have to be realistic about our choices, given our latest accounts just issued.

With that in mind, I voted a resounding no, as I don't ever want our limited resources being utterly wasted on compensation and going to the sheep.

Oh, and McInnes' track record in management is utterly ordinary. Genuinely, if we are looking for someone who did no bad in a one horse race, we'd be as well going for Tommy Wright, and I don't want him either.

No from me. Not so long ago, Hibs , Dundee utd, hearts etc were all difficult games. Mcinness has not really had to contend with those teams. If many of the teams put in a shift as they do against us then it would be a different ball game

We need a WINNER manager he fits the " I get it " about Rangers but not too sure about getting us to a stage to beat the Mhanks and their ensemble of TV, Daily retard.BBC ,Snyde ,SFA, Refs,Bias Mhedia , Anthony Mhankglennan etc., Is anyone?

He has done very well at the sheep , or as well has he could feasibly do . I thought they would struggle this year after losing a few key players but the ones he has replaced them with are probably better than what he lost I.e, may , Stewart , shinnie etc

I'm not going to assassinate him jb but why pay a rival £800,000 for him given his inability to win cups?

Expect him to finish 2nd with Aberdeen last few years, that should've been a given re. budget and relegation of bigger clubs.

Uninspiring, underwhelming, underachieving and not what we need.

Voted no. I don't think his track record merits a shot at being Rangers manager and I can't see DM guiding us to a league title, in my humble opinion. Goes without saying that if he is appointed as manager then he should get our full support, regardless of how we feel about him.

I've said all along it's 2 different arguments.

- The quality of the shortlist.
- Who you would want off that shortlist.

People are just discussing the realistic options based on the route the club has decided to go down.

Maybe McInnes isn't as good a coach as this Dutch guy but what's the point in discussing it endlessly? The Dutch guy isn't in the frame, guys like Steve McLaren and Alex Neil are.

I've said all along it's 2 different arguments.

- The quality of the shortlist.
- Who you would want off that shortlist.

People are just discussing the realistic options based on the route the club has decided to go down.

Maybe McInnes isn't as good a coach as this Dutch guy but what's the point in discussing it endlessly? The Dutch guy isn't in the frame, guys like Steve McLaren and Alex Neil are.

No disrespect but what of your informed predictions have come true and why should we believe Ten Hag is not in the running as a result?

Not for me. Nothing against him, hes a nice enough guy but he isn't Rangers manager class. He's only managed to stay above the rest of the spl shite below the tims, which without us challenging is not that difficult(look at TLB ffs). We've seen a few players that the jersey was too big for, well IMO the managers office is too big for him.

It is a skewed poll, obviously. What if you don't particularly want him in, but when you read the quality of candidate, think he is probably the best fit of the bunch? That means that realistically you should be voting 'no' because if you had the choice of anyone, it would not be him, but you should really vote 'yes' because he is the best of the Moyes, McLarens and Poyets.....

The results will tell us absolutely nothing about people's opinion on here, just a very narrow band of a half asked question with not enough options to mean anything at all.

Not excited by the thought of McInnes as manager but of the likely candidates he has as good a chance as any of succeeding so why not take a chance and give him a go? Less of a gamble than some!

No disrespect but what of your informed predictions have come true and why should we believe Ten Hag is not in the running as a result?

Do you think he's genuinely in the running to be the next manager? Do you really believe that?

I think you'd like him to be, and I think you make a good case for him, but can you really see it or is it just wishful thinking?

It is a skewed poll, obviously. What if you don't particularly want him in, but when you read the quality of candidate, think he is probably the best fit of the bunch? That means that realistically you should be voting 'no' because if you had the choice of anyone, it would not be him, but you should really vote 'yes' because he is the best of the Moyes, McLarens and Poyets.....

The results will tell us absolutely nothing about people's opinion on here, just a very narrow band of a half asked question with not enough options to mean anything at all.

Are you accepting a the guy with his proven track record of relative failure as a manager or not?

Howzat for you? o_O

I fucking struggle with the "has to be British" thing. Is it cause cunts canny pronounce the names or is it because they think a British manager will put together a less technical and more physical team?

The other thing I don't get is putting candidates down because they aren't a "winner" by track record. Tbh out of all the names we have a person with a record of winning and rebuilding and it's Preud'homme. However the support don't want him for the reason above.

Based on the fact the board appear to want to appease the bring in British element of the support then McInnes is the man. We have to be realistic about our expectations too. It's like in the summer when people were saying we need to buy a proven 25 goal striker. We can't afford that so we had to buy younger. The expectations were and are totally off from the start.

Moyes, McLaren etc are all rubbish. Big Sam is too expensive. McInnes for me.

Are you accepting a the guy with his proven track record of relative failure as a manager or not?

Howzat for you? o_O

It is still a pathetic question. What are the alternatives?

Do I want Lasagna for dinner? Well, I want a steak, but steak ain't on the menu tonight and if it is a choice between lasagna and kale soup, give me the lasagna all day..

Do you think he's genuinely in the running to be the next manager? Do you really believe that?

I think you'd like him to be, and I think you make a good case for him, but can you really see it or is it just wishful thinking?

He better be in the running 'cause if the interview process is a kiddy on and we go to the more expensive and less effective McInnes and then not Ten Hag, I will lose all confidence in the board.

Do you answer questions with questions, constantly?

Yes for me.

Given the candidates that are supposedly in the running McInnes is the standout. He's done a good job at Aberdeen on a relatively low budget.

It is still a pathetic question. What are the alternatives?

Do I want Lasagna for dinner? Well, I want a steak, but steak ain't on the menu tonight and if it is a choice between lasagna and kale soup, give me the lasagna all day..

It's breakfast time and you're talking dinner already.

It's been a few days since we had a poll anyway

I'm warming to having McInnes more than I was to start with - I'd much rather MPH but McInnes would be 2nd pick

Nope

His managerial cv is bang average and his teams are God awful to watch

The fuss over him is mind boggling
I know his record in the cups ain't great but he wins football matches. That'll do for me.

If we can start by beating the rest of the teams in the league like he has done consistently over the past 3 years then it's a good starting place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back