Pollok fc apply for SFA membership

Floodlights and toilets. If I remember the conversation I had with my Lok supporting mate, it'll cost around 100k.

Ideally they'd put up some seating. Talbot's stand for that is great. If they're going down the safe standing route then they'd probably need to sort out the terracing - new/repaired concrete, some barriers for fans to lean against and cover at the 2 ends behind the goals. That would need to be a very long term plan though. Cost would be big.

I'd love to see Lok become a league club eventually. Doing well in the WoS this season. Next stop maybe the Lowland League if they can meet any entry requirements and by that point theres no reason why they couldn't push to be promoted to League 2. There's absolutely a place for clubs like Pollok and even Clydebank in the league again. These clubs play a role in keeping football affordable and accessible for folk who might otherwise be excluded from enjoying the sport as something you experience live on a saturday afternoon.

Derby games against Queens Park would be brilliant. I hate to see QP doing it the wrong way and throwing Haughey's money at things to try and climb the ranks. Its unsustainable and you wonder what'll happen when the money runs out? Lok hopefully doing things the right way.

Would be great if they improved facilities however i wouldnt want them to lose that old ground feeling , newlandsfield is a great old ground, if the new improvements fall under SFA requirements i would like to see rangers B team possibly ask to move to newlandsfield instead of dumbarton in the future , would make sense southside of glasgow and im sure would attract better crowds

Back