Pollok v Talbot

Thouroughly enjoyed the game well done both teams good advert for the juniors.
Referee had decent game too.

They got well and truely pumped today mate. The bot will win it now i’d imagine

Scoreline suggest a pumping but in reality it wasn't a 3-0 game. Pollok were right in it until the third went in and were probably the better team first half.

All the best to Talbot the rest of the tournament but.

As others have said, 3-0 was harsh on Lok. Better team in the first half but poor delivery into the box hurt them. They tired in the 2nd half and stopped exploiting the wings quite so much. Punting long balls didn't work and did nothing more than give Talbot possession.

Opener was a peach of a finish. Talbot keeper made a few good saves, including a 2nd half tip over the crossbar that prevented a certain goal. Pollok had to chase the game and the 2nd gave them too much to do. 3rd was just a tired team and a keeper who couldn't get back to his line quick enough to save lob from distance.

Right outcome if a bit of a harsh score.

Scoreline suggest a pumping but in reality it wasn't a 3-0 game. Pollok were right in it until the third went in and were probably the better team first half.

All the best to Talbot the rest of the tournament but.
A was only messing anyway mate , from what a heard it was a good cup tie.

Score line was definitely harsh. Pollok very guilty of just lumping long balls up in the second half. Made it to easy for Talbot.

Wedding anniversary plans so missed the game, not been the the Lok since the last cup game, and won't get to another game til Largs away (hopefully it's on this time!)

Sounds like didn't miss to much, gutted missed the big turn out for this though.

Amazing 3rd goal.

Talbot's 1st goal wasn't too shabby either mate.

Pollok huffed and puffed, we probably had more of the game, but Talbot had the quality when it was required.

Fair play to them.

Talbot's 1st goal wasn't too shabby either mate.

Pollok huffed and puffed, we probably had more of the game, but Talbot had the quality when it was required.

Fair play to them.
A preferred the first goal mate , it’s hard to get back into the game when you go a goal behind against talbot

great view of the first and third goals going in from behind the opposite goal,,and well done talbot,,feel a bit sorry for pollok though,they put a helluva lot into the game and to come out of it with a 3-0 reversal is a wee bit harsh i feel,,the big talbot keeper made a great stop at 1-0, if that goes in who knows how it would have panned out,,,all ifs and buts i suppose,,nice talbot take on the union flag behind the goal at the far end

great view of the first and third goals going in from behind the opposite goal,,and well done talbot,,feel a bit sorry for pollok though,they put a helluva lot into the game and to come out of it with a 3-0 reversal is a wee bit harsh i feel,,the big talbot keeper made a great stop at 1-0, if that goes in who knows how it would have panned out,,,all ifs and buts i suppose,,nice talbot take on the union flag behind the goal at the far end

Don't forget the Pollok Loyal banner too mate.

Both teams have large, predominantly Protestant supports.

Fair summary of the game btw.

Some industrial language in that video :D

Probably me tbh :D one pollok fan told the guys I was with that if we behaved like that out in the street we’d get lifted :eek:

Definitely looked like it should’ve been a red card for the pollok guy but there you go. Luckily no harm done to young Gareth.

Reactions: SSR
I'd of thought closer to 2/3k, I don't think Newlandsfield could cope with a crowd of 6k.

Back in the 80's there was a crowd of over 4000 v Kilbirnie in the Scottish - it was the 2nd biggest crowd in Scotland that weekend as Rangers and the filth didn't have games on.

The following week Scotland Juniors played Wales at the same venue and there was a crowd of near 5000. I was behind the goals for that one when Scotland scored, and I was in the beginning credits of Scotsport for the following two years!!!

Talbot were worth their win....first goal was as good a goal as you'll see all season at any level.

Big Leishman made two outstanding saves that may have given the Lok a chance, but you cannot defend as poorly as they did to lose the three goals.

It was a decent game - Talbot will win it again this year

Back