Polster and Halliday tonight

Pvt. Hudson

Let me start by saying that we were up against a pub team tonight but I thought both players were outstanding. Halliday was right up for it in about their players and being a nuisance. Polster looked really comfortable and a player, he’ll be raging that our club captain shares his natural position, I was very impressed with him.

As I said, poor opposition tonight but both players stood out.

Polster got better the more the game went on. You can see he was getting more confidence once he was getting the ball more which is to he expected as it was his first start.

And Halliday was typical Halliday, will always give his all and unlucky not to be on the scoresheet. Good performances all round

Polster looked like he was lacking in confidence a bit but there’s a player there
(Must be if your nailing that bird)
Halliday was Halliday although requires a trip to the barbers.
Well done!

Polster grew into the game. Was nervy to start with but looked confident in the second half.

Halliday played like a guy determined not to be forgotten by the gaffer.

I thought Polster and Halliday showed how good Taverner and Barisic really are. Polster looked nervous and Halliday gives you everything, but it's just not good enough.

6-0, clean sheet. I take you were expecting more? What else were they supposed to do?

It's early days for Polster, but he needs to go past his man more. He has got a good right peg, but I only saw him use his left twice. As I said on another thread, he had a good game, but still work to be done.

Let me start by saying that we were up against a pub team tonight but I thought both players were outstanding. Halliday was right up for it in about their players and being a nuisance. Polster looked really comfortable and a player, he’ll be raging that our club captain shares his natural position, I was very impressed with him.

Both were very good against poor opposition.
But especially liked AH never let up……you would think he is playing the other mob the intensity he brings…and Polster has done his chances no harm at all with a very assured and creative second half especially.
Also should have had a penalty and on another night it probably would have been given.

A couple stand outs in another great performance and total shut out.
Think the gaffer will be happy.

Polster reminded me of Tony Vidmar in that I think he's decent enough but won't be first pick at any point. He struggled to get a cross past the first defender all night but always showed for his teammates and gave us a bit of width out on the right.

Halliday is miles better than Barisic. Couldn't give a shit if he starts for Croatia. He hasn't got the bottle for Scottish football. Halliday been excellent and is the best dead ball taker at the club. His corners are excellent.

I agree with you regarding Polster and Halliday mate, but these "pub teams" have given both ourselves and the mentally challengeds serious problems in recent years and are all very well organised defensively now.

Don't underestimate just how good a 10-0 aggregate score is these days.

Back