Polster at right back

Muay Bouk

أنا لا أحب البابا
Staff member
How far out the picture must Polster be to not even be considered an option at right back? when he does play he seems to be relatively neat and tidy and decent with the ball at his feet but you would assume he is now behind both Flanagan and Patterson in Gerrard's thoughts while Tav is recovering.

If he is literally never going to play he for me must go into the bucket along with Andy King and Brandon Barker as people we really never needed to sign and are collecting wages that could be much better used elsewhere.

Think he was signed when Mark Allen met his wife. Strange signing though, was he not playing the equivalent of second division in America?

Dont think he has a future when it looks like 3 options ahead of him at right back and Edmundson ahead of him as holding centre mid

I think, whether permitted or not, that if you decide to not attend training camp for your honeymoon, then it’s unlikely you will ever feature again.

It was a ludicrous decision on his part.

Struck me as odd. I don't think even Alfie or Tav would get away with that one. Never mind a guy who needs to seize every chance he gets to impress. Don't think he'll be a Rangers player much longer.

I think, whether permitted or not, that if you decide to not attend training camp for your honeymoon, then it’s unlikely you will ever feature again.

He probably should have done it all in the summer in the off season but considering he hasn't been getting any game time, he (& possibly the manager) probably thought he'd get away with it.

Like's been said, he always looked decent when he did come on but I think that boat's sailed now with Patterson coming in & Flanagan being the 'experienced head'.

Struck me as odd. I don't think even Alfie or Tav would get away with that one. Never mind a guy who needs to seize every chance he gets to impress. Don't think he'll be a Rangers player much longer.

The fact it was allowed suggests he was already on the periphery. I can't believe, though, he would then think it was a good idea.

It's an issue with many American players. They don't have the correct mentality. It comes from growing up in a non-football environment.

No requirements for him with Tav, Patterson & Flanno all ahead of him, Gerrard knew him from his time in the MLS, he must of went backwords big time.

The fact it was allowed suggests he was already on the periphery. I can't believe, though, he would then think it was a good idea.

It's an issue with many American players. They don't have the correct mentality. It comes from growing up in a non-football environment.

Yeah no doubt he was given the green light by the club and management team but like you say, it's the fact he then proceeded to take our entire winter training camp off. That's the bit I find strange. You can't legislate for random ailments like Tav's. No doubt Polster might look back on his decision and see it as a mistake on his part.

Proving to be an odd signing in truth. He was on trial for quite a while and obviously showed enough to earn a 2 year contract. Always looked keen to impress when given a chance to play. Will likely be remembered as the American boy we signed with the good looking burd.

does anyone actually know the ins and outs of Polsters honeymoon/not attending Dubai camp?

maybe the guy is just f*cked off from getting next to opportunities this season! When he has featured he hasn't put a foot wrong and has been tidy.

does anyone actually know the ins and outs of Polsters honeymoon/not attending Dubai camp?

maybe the guy is just f*cked off from getting next to opportunities this season! When he has featured he hasn't put a foot wrong and has been tidy.
Surely his honeymoon's been planned for ages so his appearances this season wouldn't have been a consideration. Strange.

The last time I heard that nonsense was from John Brown. He was being offered a player from Texas. That player was Stuart Holden and he was being offered by his coach who was also a founding member of Texas True Blues. American players can do just fine.

Brooklyn must be one of the few areas in the US where football (soccer)isn’t the #1 participative sport.

Would say there's nothing wrong with him but obviously nothing spectacular and worth holding on to for. He was brought in for free as cover, don't really know what people are expecting from him.

Last edited:
Likely gone by the end of the window. Another wasted wage and squad position that could be filled by one of our youngsters (or McCrorie) next year

For anyone who wasn’t aware he got married, here he is.
0_pizap-56.jpg

Why the f*ck did we sign him in the first place then ? Bad for him and us and a waste, I feel sorry for the guy it's not as though he was living in the next city .
To move countries like from the USA you would think we would have done our homework a bit better.

A bizarre signing, up there with King. What did we see in the first place that made us think we must have him.

He’s a younger, fitter, and more technically adept Halliday and we’d be mad to sack him off given the need for utility players across defence and defensive midfield. he’ll be cheap enough, and I don’t rate keeping Flanagan around to do the same on higher wages for not much more product.

Gerrard can be hesitant about replacing players tiring in games, if we’re to go all the way this season I can see that having to change.

Looking at what he was wakening up too it wouldn’t have been a hard choice to make.

Problem with Polster is that he hasn't featured even for someone to take him on loan. When he first signed I had a tinge of maybe he is another Claudio Reyna type player but it looks like in some way or another he won't even feature in Gerrard's team in the future.

Re: his wife, not bad but she is no Karen Jardel.

Nowhere near good enough really.

We should be looking at like-minded full backs going forward to replace Tav and Borna because they are integral to our style

All snakes with tits behind their veil mate. Rangers first.
Undoubtedly so . If he was Scottish and been a regular in the team then it would be different , I’m sure he has been told before he is surplus , me and you probably would have said I ok and been at the training camp trying to prove SG wrong but we’re just a wage to an American.

Wouldn't have Matt Polster any where near the team when we've got Jon Flanagan. Flanagan is no superstar but he's had a better career and is a better defender than Polster.

We continue to talk about the youth set up and promoting youths. Right now and in the not so distant future we are going to have a cracking core of younger players. Maybe now is the time to stop filling the squad with players like Polster and go with youth. Not only does it save money, reduces bloatedness in the squad, but also gives the talented younger players a path to the first team.

Patterson will be ready next season to deputise Tavernier. We could easily reduce the wages further by moving on Polster and Flanagan. We'll need to find an attack minded left side full back as back up for Barišić so Halliday too can be moved on. Unless Gerrard doesn't feel the likes of a Patterson are ready and look to send them on a 6 month/season long loan?

you have to think he will be away soon, when the young boys are getting a look in before you then its safe to say you dont have a future at the club.

I thought he had already been told he can go and was surplus to requirements. If that’s the case then he will be behind everyone that the management team want to keep.

He looks to have a good range of passing any time he has played, but I just don't know enough about him as a player to judge as he has barely appeared. The manager must not be seeing it in training.

Back