Poor old man outside Parkhead to protest already

George_Costanza

I used this link to put Bernie anywhere sure others can do better than my effort

3.jpg

That's an angle ive never seen that place from, what a cheap looking sh!tehole.
Been there a couple of times unfortunately. Underneath that stand is an absolute death trap after games. They put up a fence midway and force folk to walk all the way around the stadium. It's why you often see post match in games vs them, tims walking around the inside of the stadium for no apparent reason.

Been there a couple of times unfortunately. Underneath that stand is an absolute death trap after games. They put up a fence midway and force folk to walk all the way around the stadium. It's why you often see post match in games vs them, tims walking around the inside of the stadium for no apparent reason.
Is that the place a few years ago they were trapped and almost crushed?

Ah meme culture, such a humorous addition to society. I want real old boys oot there with pish stained sheets protesting!

What end is that? i cant get my head around it.
Not sure what they call their ends but you can see the brown building on the left which i think they call the front. Looks like a brown building with scaffolding all round it. If that's what paradise looks like they can bloody have it.

It really is a shithole of a stadium. built with no safety in mind. GCC have a lot to answer for. Not only are the gangways to narrow. The stadium itself overhangs council property.

2_Screen-Shot-2018-09-02-at-155538JPG.jpg

Is that the place a few years ago they were trapped and almost crushed?

No, that was the far side (North Stand) although the walkway leads all thexwsy around to that point.

What you see in that image is where our fans enter. Obviously when we got 8k we would go into both the smaller and bigger stands you can see (left and right) but, since the allocation was cut we only go into the smaller part with the scum filling the larger part, meaning they had to access it from the North Stand end. I'm not certain of this but I think it was it was caused by thousands of them turning up minutes before kick off. As said it's a narrow walkway next to a graveyard. Tim fans were claiming a gate was locked which the cops/Celtic denied.

No, that was the far side (North Stand) although the walkway leads all thexwsy around to that point.

What you see in that image is where our fans enter. Obviously when we got 8k we would go into both the smaller and bigger stands you can see (left and right) but, since the allocation was cut we only go into the smaller part with the scum filling the larger part, meaning they had to access it from the North Stand end. I'm not certain of this but I think it was it was caused by thousands of them turning up minutes before kick off. As said it's a narrow walkway next to a graveyard. Tim fans were claiming a gate was locked which the cops/Celtic denied.

I remember the bit about a gate being locked aswell.

The problem was maintaining a segregation for our fans from the emirates/bus park at the London Road side of the stadium. That meant home fans from the Celtic end of the stadium to the Rangers end and vice versa only had the tunnel bordering the cemetery/Janefield St to get through to get around the stadium - this is an area about 10m wide at most with 20k fans getting into that North stand.

The answer has now been to have Rangers fans in the ground >1hr before kick off, drop the segregation and not allow more Rangers fans up to the turnstiles until kick off time.

That's an angle ive never seen that place from, what a cheap looking sh!tehole.
"Skeletal" or "Spartan" build quality I'd put it at best, use of overhanging structure suggests also "much cheapness"...not impressed at all, especially when you cast your eyes ever so slightly further West and see what a proper structure young Archibald Leitch managed to bestow upon the chosen...

A gate was locked, which led to crushing and potentially a disaster, it was all over the Huddleboard and KDS at the time.

Back