Pop up and forum jumping

Glad it works for you - but be cautious about the Opera VPN. I've just posted this in the VPN thread:

For those who use the free, built-in VPN on Opera its worth having a read of this review in full, though I've included some extracts below. Particularly if you are having buffering. It is scathing of the reduction in speed as a result of using this VPN. In fact, they say its not a true VPN anyway. As they say though, its FREE. The drawbacks are fairly significant on many levels however:

We trade off some internet speed for a secure proxy or VPN connection. That’s just the nature of the beast.

But when huge chunks of performance are siphoned off in the name of anonymity, it becomes a problem.

There are VPNs out there that can still achieve fast speeds while hiding your activity. So you don’t have to settle for slowness.

But Opera VPN slows your system down by quite a bit.

We tested Opera’s European server and another in America, recording the speed levels as we went.

The results were not great.

Our European server test was abysmal, with speeds plummeting down into unacceptable territory.

Opera’s VPN connection was almost the slowest we’ve tested, ranking 74 out of 78.

DO I RECOMMEND OPERA VPN?

Nope.

This is a free VPN and you don’t need to buy it, but it’s STILL not even worth using.

Jurisdiction issues, leaks, no kill switch, no torrenting, and no customer support. This is like my ultimate VPN nightmare.

The only reason you should even consider using this product is if you want to use a VPN to watch Netflix. But even then, you can’t select a country to connect to, so you have no idea which regional content you’ll get.

And to top it all off, it’s not even a VPN.

It’s a proxy misrepresenting itself.

Which means there is no encryption, no tunneling, no protection, and no device support.

There is no silver lining here. There is no “well maybe if you wanna do this, it’s ok.”

This is just a bad VPN option.

Out of the 78 VPNs we’ve reviewed, we rank Opera VPN at number 76.
Thanks for that, bud. I hadn't read that. I haven't had a problem so far but if I do I won't chuck out my computer, I'll just change my VPN. I'd only be guessing at how many computers I've binned in the last 10 years because I thought something was faulty with it, should read the small print!! :))

It is a right pain in the arse on iphone. Will try an adblocker and see if there is any difference.

I use Private Internet Access (PIA). Its not ranked highest (its 10th in that list) but it is rated one of the fastest - and is secure if you ignore the whole '5 eyes' thing (which I do). Cost me the equivalent of under £3 a month on a two year subscription paid up front. Huge range of servers across Europe, which is what you want for RangersTV.

Anyway, we digress….
I might give that a look actually, im having to do more overtime these days so don't get to as many games. I've had RTV for a few years just to watch reruns, alas i need it for live games now.

Adblocker does the business.

It can be a pain on some websites but on this one it works brilliantly.

For android get https://blokada.org/index.html . It is on the play store but its a cut down version so get it from the website for full functionality. It will block ALL ads System wide. So yep even when playing games...no ads. Its also opensource so no nasty stuff is hidden and its free :)

I’ve always had this on my IPad too. Cheers for the Adblock suggestions. Learned to live with it but if there’s a way to stop it, I’ll need to try it.

Ad block plus on iPhone takes care of the jumping for me. Can’t get that app on my iPad, I assume cos it’s an older iPad. Any advice here would be appreciated

Ad block plus on iPhone takes care of the jumping for me. Can’t get that app on my iPad, I assume cos it’s an older iPad. Any advice here would be appreciated

I have AdBlock Plus on my iPad - though its the 2018 model of the iPad. Its listed in the App Store as 'Adblock Plus for Safari'. It requires iOS 12.0 or later so that is probably your issue. Is your iPad too old to update to iOS12?

I have AdBlock Plus on my iPad - though its the 2018 model of the iPad. Its listed in the App Store as 'Adblock Plus for Safari'. It requires iOS 12.0 or later so that is probably your issue. Is your iPad too old to update to iOS12?
Thanks mate- yeah iPad is too old to get 12.0. Tried a good few ad blockers but same issue

Happens to me too,constant pop ups for travel sites and forum gets pulled all over the place.

It's essentially an advert site with forum :(

Used to have problems with that on Safari, use brave browser now and never had a problem.

Now running Brave and it has fixed the issues for me. I did read that it is very heavy on your phones battery compared to other browsers. Guess I’ll find out soon enough.

I don’t get too much jumping but I get some ads in amongst the posts. I’m running 3 blockers on iPhone 7.
I used to use Adblock browser which was better but it stopped working after an update a while ago.

edit: just re-installed Adblock browser and its working fine. No adverts at all and no jumping.

Does it all the time on safari on iphone. Not really pop ups just jumping

Don’t know if this is the right place to post this and if not admin can remove.

But does anyone else have problems with pop ups and the forum “jumping” when trying to read or reply to threads? It’s near impossible at times to post because of this? Is there any way to stop it?
Yes, the jump back up on pc and android is a pain for me

Don’t know if this is the right place to post this and if not admin can remove.

But does anyone else have problems with pop ups and the forum “jumping” when trying to read or reply to threads? It’s near impossible at times to post because of this? Is there any way to stop it?
Use Brave instead of Google Chrome or whatwver you are using.

Back