Porteous ignored by the rangers players and Gerrard in the tunnel

Baffling from Gerrard commenting on him. If anything his comments show how much Porteous rattled the team which is worrying

Players will make comments like that to players every week here. You just have to watch any open goal to listen to what happens between players in the pitch

the fact Gerrard feels the need to come out and defend Tav from Porteous calling him a bad loser is genuinely concerningwith regards to our mentality

They'd be laughing more if Morelos had got involved, turned round and shoved him, getting a second yellow or a compliance officer review/ban. We kept the head and didn't take the bait.

Yep and the same posters would be slating Morelos for getting involved.

It’s not rocket science, get someone to break him in half.
This is the attitude we sorely lack. Someone just to put the hardest tackle possible into him as early as possible in the game, and that ends the game for him as a contest. Same as his Lego eating kid on hard man hero.
One game ending challenge that’s as fair on them as they are on anybody else, kills the game dead for them.

I long for the days of a proper hard man to be patrolling our midfield and having a field day with these hammer throwing chocolate hard men.

I have serious concerns about the mentality of this squad. If a team is physical against us, we seem to get severely rattled.

Could you see a Walter Smith team with Thomson in the middle of the park getting rattled by some wee gimp?

Yes. They roughed us up especially our defenders who had a collective nightmare and lost 2 soft goals. We will get more of this all season at killie, mwell, aberdeen etc. Teams see us as a soft touch.

Were Leicester contenders for the EPL in 2015?

They are up there a quarter of the way in and had a chance to go top. If they are laughing at us because they missed that chance and we moved top instead then that's a bit weird tbh.

And it's now been cleared up why we ignored him and it seems we did well not to react to the weirdo.
Mate we’re kinda saying the same stuff but from a different angle. End of the day we fucked it and have given him the opportunity to laugh rather than lie down and grunt

I’m mates with a boy who played with him at youth level and he hates us with a passion

No, you do it at the end of a game when you’re winning. Bide our time. We still owe Scott Allen one too.
We’re too nice, that’s why teams treat us like cucks. Motherwell will do the same next week
Aye because with our injuries we need suspensions on top of that

People predicted on here midweek that Hibs, and Porteous in particular, would try to kick us off the pitch. Our Manager should have said the same at the pre-match press conference.
Completely agree - time to be smart. We need to build the pressure on the refs. There is one thing I do admire the scum for and it is their ability to get their message out there. We struggle to even have continuity with our ex players ffs.

I thought Porteous acted like a wee dick. Stupid little smile all over his face. No issue with players tackling hard or even a bit of fouling but this guy is just a wee scummy prick.

The thug is not a good defender or footballer in any shape or form. The spoon burners is as good as it’s ever gonna get with him.... fact. He plays to the gallery and as usual they lap it up.

I know someone who knows him very well and he is an absolute piece of filth on par with Stokes and Lennon.

A truly reprehensible character.

Tav is right to stick up for Alfie but I do wish Gerrard had dismissed the wee bigoted creep in his post-match interview like the irrelevant piece of excrement that he is

The thug is not a good defender or footballer in any shape or form. The spoon burners is as good as it’s ever gonna get with him.... fact. He plays to the gallery and as usual they lap it up.

hmm, I'm not so sure. He seems to be auditioning for the role of heed mentally challenged over at the glitter dome once lego eater's been put out to pasture. It was also boak inducing how much he was being built-up before the game by Sky. He's being mentored by Andy Murray don't you know.

Porteous is a thug

His I’ve learned pre match is a lot of shite

He hates us and cannot help himself

Robertson should have sent him off as he takes Alfie out off the ball so no idea how it’s not seen as a red card offence as he lifts his left arm up into Alfie’s face and the ball is in our half ffs

Ref shat it twice as Hanlon should have walked too for the Hagi smash in the face
100% correct

The tabloids will be pissing themselves at us after that. The Manager and players should have been surrounding the ref during the game when Hibs were repeatedly elbow smashing our team without red cards shown.

No where near good enough tav n SG probably said a few words to him. He will be happy with his days work smashed buff n didn’t get beat should have jumped down the ref throat at half time. Get on to all the officials about that no way that off side goal stands. We let them away with ‘mistakes’ so they aren’t scared to make them against us.

Porteous is a horrible wee rat, we should have played him after his booking though. A wee nip at his upper arms when you are behind him or accidentally standing on his toes to get a reaction, standard stuff that he would 100% have reacted to.

Yeah that’s great and all but why not drive the play through him in the second half when he’s on a booking and try and get him sent off?

I’d much rather run rings round him and get him sent off than ignore him after the game.

FFS this team has got to show that kind of shithousery DURING games. Everybody hates us - let’s show some contempt to everyone else.

Baffling from Gerrard commenting on him. If anything his comments show how much Porteous rattled the team which is worrying

Players will make comments like that to players every week here. You just have to watch any open goal to listen to what happens between players in the pitch

the fact Gerrard feels the need to come out and defend Tav from Porteous calling him a bad loser is genuinely concerningwith regards to our mentality
Alarm bells should be ringing

Or he was asked a question which he answered.

Genuinely struggling to understand what people expected us to do in this scenario

Surely Gerrard’s just been asked a question about the goings on at the end or is reactonf to something Porteous has said post match? I’d be astonished if Gerrard has spoken about Porteous off the bat.

Back