Porteous ignored by the rangers players and Gerrard in the tunnel

End of the day he’s the one laughing after getting a result against us
Laughing after getting away with a blatant red, his team getting an offside goal and another good goal v his team being chopped off. Not so much credit in a ‘result’ when those facts are acknowledged though.

yeah we fun showed him didn't we, bet he is heart broken.
Not good enough gers, I want to see a lady's front bottom like him come off the field after s 5 or 6 nil drubbing

Baffling from Gerrard commenting on him. If anything his comments show how much Porteous rattled the team which is worrying

Players will make comments like that to players every week here. You just have to watch any open goal to listen to what happens between players in the pitch

the fact Gerrard feels the need to come out and defend Tav from Porteous calling him a bad loser is genuinely concerningwith regards to our mentality
Tav is his pal and unable to stand up for himself.

Porteous is a thug

His I’ve learned pre match is a lot of shite

He hates us and cannot help himself

Robertson should have sent him off as he takes Alfie out off the ball so no idea how it’s not seen as a red card offence as he lifts his left arm up into Alfie’s face and the ball is in our half ffs

Ref shat it twice as Hanlon should have walked too for the Hagi smash in the face
Straight from the Brown book of c*ntery

Law 12 - VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

Porteous clearly and deliberately struck Alfie on the head with his upper arm/shoulder, when not challenging for the ball. The force was sufficient to knock Morelos down, so was not negligible and should have been a Red Card.

I noticed Tav having words with Porteous at the end of the game.

Last edited:
Shouldn't have to ignore him guys like him should be a total non entity!

We lack a physical side someone to flatten him team is too soft and teams know it

Pathetic really. I said before the game we had to be in the refs ear from min 1 about this cretin and to get a few digs in at him. Instead, we let him dish it out and Alfie takes the bait.

If we have a problem with him then get him told.

Sorry but the Rangers players “ignoring” him after the game sums up the problem. In just about any trophy winning side you’ll find someone able & willing to clatter an opponent during the game for carrying on towards their teammates the way Porteous has over a period of time now.

But our lot ignore him in the tunnel after the game. He must be crushed.

They should show they are really upset by hiding his phone charger or something - that’ll really hammer the point home.

If we had a John Brown or even a Terry Hurlock type of player, I think clowns like Porteous would think twice about his actions.

My opinion only.
In the current refereeing climate, Brown and Hurlock would never finish a game for Rangers.

It's not fair but that's the way it is. Steven Gerrard knows this.

Sorry but the Rangers players “ignoring” him after the game sums up the problem. In just about any trophy winning side you’ll find someone able & willing to clatter an opponent during the game for carrying on towards their teammates the way Porteous has over a period of time now.

But our lot ignore him in the tunnel after the game. He must be crushed.

They should show they are really upset by hiding his phone charger or something - that’ll really hammer the point home.

They used separate tunnels today

They used separate tunnels today
But you get the point?

The Rangers players have tolerated Porteous knocking lumps out of Rangers players for a number of games now and none of them have tried to do anything about it.

If they think ignoring him immediately on the whistle, in a tunnel or around the stadium after the match is somehow making a point then we are going to struggle to win anything of consequence for a while.

But you get the point?

The Rangers players have tolerated Porteous knocking lumps out of Rangers players for a number of games now and none of them have tried to do anything about it.

If they think ignoring him immediately on the whistle, in a tunnel or around the stadium after the match is somehow making a point then we are going to struggle to win anything of consequence for a while.

So you’d have been happy if say Morelos turned round and elbowed him or the like? You wouldn’t be on here saying Morelos ‘took the bait’ like most of the board would have?

He never cost us the game no matter how much of a dirty cvnt he is,I didn’t watch the team coming off the pitch but I would be more annoyed at them shaking the officials hands,Shear incompetence or blatant cheating whatever it was they cost us the game .

First tackle he left his foot in.
Said to my son this clown would be lucky to stay on the park.
Wish we had a Souness ,I.Ferguson or Hurlock type.
We are easily goaded.

The fact that we are divided as a support on this after 5 pages saddens me. Just fvcking plant the little cvnt. During the match. Yes, i know, refs blah blah. Plant the arsehole. Take the ban. Send a message that we're up for a scrap.

In the current refereeing climate, Brown and Hurlock would never finish a game for Rangers.

It's not fair but that's the way it is. Steven Gerrard knows this.
I get what you're saying.
But players (and I use that term loosely) like Porteous get to finish games?

WOULD SOMEBODY AT RANGERS FCUKING SAY SOMETHING AGAINST THE TREATMENT WE GET?

Raging just like every other week! :mad: :mad: :mad:

So you’d have been happy if say Morelos turned round and elbowed him or the like? You wouldn’t be on here saying Morelos ‘took the bait’ like most of the board would have?

No - nobody needs Morelos to turn about and fling an elbow at him. It’s about Responding rather than Reacting and at some point over the last 18 months, you’d think that one of our team would have clattered him.
Porteous is desperate for Morelos to flip and stick one on him. There’s another 9 outfield players who should be looking out for the guy in their team.

The idea that ignoring him at the end of a match is in any way going to deal with his persistent fouling & niggling of our centre forward is a joke.

Back