Porteous ignored by the rangers players and Gerrard in the tunnel

Porteous acting the cvnt is no surprise at all. There are players like that at every club but unfortunately by not beating them on the park we give them the perfect chance to keep doing it.

Ive been watching the spurs documentary on prime and mourinho describes spurs as a team of good guys and the need for them to be bastards on the park. I couldnt help but think that is exactly like us.

I honestly don’t know what the club can do
We are nailed to the floor

we call it out - we get charged with bringing the game into disrepute
We act like these thugs- we get a red card a game

we are trapped in a circle. There long game has worked. And it will take a even longer game to reverse it .
We lose games through being down to ten men or being suspended, there will be plenty who’ll be critical of the players.

We lose games through being down to ten men or being suspended, there will be plenty who’ll be critical of the players.

Nobody’s asking for thuggery, but people expect the players and management to stand up for themselves and dictate the narrative on and off the park.

Agree with you in a football sense,

but why the %^*& don't we have someone to nail pricks like this wee scumbag early on??

We can't keep fuckin about like a bunch of fairies,

we need to grow a fuckin set and batter back as we get battered,

it's Scotland for %^*& sake!!!!!

yip ' what we need is a fergie,barry of wee stuarty mc call to rattle into them early doors .we are too soft at times

It didn't take a scientist to work out how Ross Jack would set his team up today. He knew they would get away with this stuff, pushing the envelope to intimidate and wind up our players.

The answer is to spank these teams and make the corrupt refereeing irrelevant.

He's just a wee NED.

His defence conceded 2 goals and he was booked for another off the ball incident yet celebrated by their team post match. Strange breed.

They basically pushed,elbowed and kicked us at every opportunity, we're too nice and soft with no real hard men in the team to sort them out.

Sadly nice guys win nothing.

If we did have a hardman / enforcer type in our team, he would rarely see out the 90 minutes.

Think i would take the 5000 fine or whatever it is it’s hardly life changing.

We have a manager with a huge profile if he starts bringing this stuff up it will be highlighted throughout The Uk and Europe show the cheating scum for exactly what they are.

a 5000 pound fine . Maybe the first week but they would eventually escalate it to points deductions

*Keyboard Warrior/Cardboard Hardman alert*

See the two inches below your kneecap? If I was playing, that area of one of Ryan Porteous’s legs would be introduced forcibly to my studs in much the same way as Paul McStay’s arm was to Ray Wilkins’s studs (if anyone can remember).

the club itself can be charged with it as well as the individual

That’s fine but we aren’t getting a points deduction for calling out refs.

Dignified silence shite doesn’t work, Popcorn teeth calls out every even debatable decision and he’s hardly had a ban.

In the UK at least, the best teams could always look after themselves, and earn the right to play. Even Barcelona and Real Madrid, with Puyol and Ramos.

Said it before, Porteous now knows that a proper footballer, Steven Gerrard, highly respected across the football world, regards him as a thug and total wanker.
Hopefully this emerges every time he wants a move.
He'll probably just be gutting himself that he had this footballing legend on strings making him make a complete arse of himself.

Any other level of football and this dick would have been dealt with on the pitch. Not via soundbites after the game. Would not last two minutes in the Junior game I played in.

Let's remember how tragic this wee prick is.

Porteous-of-hibs-Screen-Shot-2020-09-21-at-11-40-06.png

Exactly lifting your hands is only a sending off offence when it’s a Rangers player.

Really not happy with Gerrard not calling the Officials out .
Probably because he knows what the "authorities" are like here,he knows that we won't get a fair hearing,well I think the majority of us know that as well. It infuriates me the way the Board simpered away when they had a cast iron case against these cretins ruining our game. I know the Board don't want to turn it into a Rangers Celtic thing but they miss the point because, that's the way they are playing it. So much for transparency.

A total non entity. Regarding super ally yesterday, why praise this thug, just why? He is an absolute no mark. We all know Alfie is reffed differently can’t wait till Roffe gets his hands on him..he will destroy him hopefully....

I'm sorry snub? where in the rule does it say we have to give opposition players a bug hug in the tunnel?

100%, he’s away up the road laughing at how easy he’s gotten in our captain and managers heads.
We should have kept Jon Flanagan,a great man to bring on and sort out these Cunts,he gave Brown what we all wanted him to get,then laughed in his face,Porteous would have shat his pants at the sight of Flanno.

Why not deal with him on the park rather than all this pish afterwards

We all know as fans what the opposition players are up to when it comes to Morelos yet very rarely do we see any of our players get in the oppositions faces when they’re clearly trying to wind him up.

Any other team in the world would have had players in Porteous face from the off the ball challenge on Morelos but not us.

We wait until he reacts himself.

Our players really need to start getting more wide on the pitch and certainly need to start backing up their team mates quicker.

Gerrard neutered our players when he publicly warned them about their discipline and the consequences. He should have backed them, stating they are on the end of unfairly harsh decisions and understands their frustrations. Now they are clearly terrified of approaching the referees, I’m not sure what Gerrard was trying to achieve by publicly warning them, perhaps trying to show he’s a disciplinarian but it certainly gave the green light to the referees to card Rangers players on a whim. Morellos can’t even look unhappy with the referees or he’s booked for dissent now.

Gerrard neutered our players when he publicly warned them about their discipline and the consequences. He should have backed them, stating they are on the end of unfairly harsh decisions and understands their frustrations. Now they are clearly terrified of approaching the referees, I’m not sure what Gerrard was trying to achieve by publicly warning them, perhaps trying to show he’s a disciplinarian but it certainly gave the green light to the referees to card Rangers players on a whim. Morellos can’t even look unhappy with the referees or he’s booked for dissent now.

If you remember back it was because it was costing us dearly due to suspensions and we did not have the squad quality to cover. Also due in part to the stupid bookings we were taking from refs with itchy fingers when they saw a blue jersey.

Tav gets blanked when he approaches refs happens all the time and I think it would be the same no matter who the captain is, when Alfie got studded the other week the ref didn't want to even look at Tav then stood wi the offending player that speaks volumes imo we are treated with contempt from the kick off.

If you remember back it was because it was costing us dearly due to suspensions and we did not have the squad quality to cover. Also due in part to the stupid bookings we were taking from refs with itchy fingers when they saw a blue jersey.

I agree but it’s still costing us, we are terrified to confront the referees, Davis dragged our captain away from the referee yesterday so they continue to lack consistency and fairness. Gerrard didn’t need to air it in public, it did no one any favours other than the officials.

Players like Porteous are a dime a dozen in this league, typical rangers hating mentally challenged plastic hard man. Can understand why the players and gaffer would dingy his sh*t eating grin and handshake but shouldn’t be letting wee tadgers like that get one over us (clearly means more to him taking points off rangers than his own team winning). Get Kamara and Jack up their bullying him and Kent skinning him

I don’t see why manager and tav are getting so much stick for ignoring that wee clown! At any level of football I would always shake hands at end of game unless someone has intentionally injured a teammate or done something over the top!
If someone had smashed him you can guarantee a red.

I do not like it but I’m beginning to think putting more pressure on referees during the game (not in press conferences) is the best way forward

Has SG made an error by not going down the proven Scottish route of having hammer throwers with a half decent level of football as opposed to building a flair Team with the likes of Davis, Hagi, Kent, Defoe who are cracking players but physically weak.

I know what I would rather have but it seems that we get bullied by mediocre individual footballers who as a Team stand up to us and throw down the gauntlet collectively.

Back