Porteous to leave Hibs

You can say what you like about him but he has potential and should be playing at a higher level than Hibs. I wouldn’t want him at Ibrox though but he could play for a decent championship level team.

I hope he does join them…he’s pish
No he isn’t. He is a pretty decent defender when focusing on the game. That is clear to anyone that understands football.

He needs to develop further he does need to leave Hibs. We could do much worse than sign him.

However a defender isn’t a priority just now. But making stupid statements like he is pish just comes back to bite you on the ars*

No he isn’t. He is a pretty decent defender when focusing on the game. That is clear to anyone that understands football.

He needs to develop further he does need to leave Hibs. We could do much worse than sign him.

However a defender isn’t a priority just now. But making stupid statements like he is pish just comes back to bite you on the ars*
Tbh i would say a defender is a priority, sands is maybe a cb, king is young and struggled last couple of games, souttar and helander are never fit, goldson is injured, Davies struggles to keep fit for whatever reason, we only have sands and king available all the time. Not saying Porteous is the man but i defo think our backline needs backed up

He will join them, the new home grown talent rules make it a no brainer. I can’t stand him but he is a good young CH who is improving and has broken in to the Scotland team so his value will only rise. Though none of us really want him Ross Wilson is bound to have him on his radar as we desperately need a good, fit and young CH.

At least he has a better record of fitness unlike Soutar. Would rather the former on the Ibrox books than the latter tbh. What has Soutar done for us since he signed, exactly?

As much as Porteous is undoubtedly a prick, it is just possible that Beale would be the one to calm him down, develop him and get the best out of him. I wouldn't be totally raging if he signed, there is potential there if he can grow up a bit.

Putting his personality to one side, he isn't good enough. Frequently caught out of position and seems more focussed on nonsense than just going out and defending. He played one good game for Scotland and then the next week costs 2 goals vs St Johnstone.

If he played for a St. Mirren or Ross County he wouldn't ever get a mention.

The filth have just signed a Japanese defender, so I doubt he will be go8ng there, probably a Sheffield United or West Brom type of team.

Hopefully down south and some actual hardman sends him 10ft in the air
Wouldn't take a hard man to do that. They way he collapses looking for free kicks and penalties a good tackle from anyone could give this fanny a sore one. Wish nothing but the worse for this clown

At least he has a better record of fitness unlike Soutar. Would rather the former on the Ibrox books than the latter tbh. What has Soutar done for us since he signed, exactly?

Advocating signing scumbags who hate you over others just because they can remain upright shouldn’t ever be a signing policy at Rangers.

And it’s Souttar by the way, not Soutar.

He is piss poor
He isn’t a bad player.
It’s the stupidity and recklessness that’ll curtail his career.
He won’t get away with it as much if he goes abroad so he’ll have to concentrate on his football.
This could turn him into a very decent player.

Heard through the grapevine we’ve made approaches. Don’t really believe it but need to wait and see.

If he wasn’t such a rattler cuck, I’d take him because behind all the stupidity and the rabid bitterness, there’s actually a decent defender in there.

That being said, %^*& him.

Apparently he had a falling out with the background people at Hibs over allegations of bullying their wee Norwegian striker, to the point that he wanted to pack his bags and head home to Norway.
Tbh he strikes me as a bully bastard

Hope we don’t try sign him

He is a (unt

I don't know where the idea that if be cuts out the leg snapping (which he won't by the way) he'd be a good player. His positioning is awful.

He's a decent defender.
In the same way that I can point out a dozen similar (or even better) "decent" defenders playing parks football.

He's not a good defender.
Which is the LEAST that we need for Rangers.

I'd prefer to see us looking at a "very good" defender.
But certainly not lowering our standards to merely "decent".

He’s a big, fit, strong, cheating, talentless thug. Those are the qualities needed as a footballer at most clubs in Scotland.

Back