Porto Allocation?

Teddy bear

Official Ticketer
Any of the guys know how many tickets we have requested for Porto?
Wondering if I should spend 20 quid on the travel club membership or if it would be a waste of money with 0 points.

Pay the money

If you miss out on a ticket then you have a point for applying which carries on for next season and rest of this season and rangers are up £20 win win.
Done that last year mate, even though I k we I probably wouldn't make any.
Will struggle to make many for a few years unfortunately, so the point is useless anyway.
Got lucky that I can make Porto.

the away support isn't in the corner anymore. Think its a section of the upper stand that is directly across from the cameras. I went the last time without a ticket and the ones we got were for the Porto end behind the goal. Police wouldn't let us in there,but put us round into a section next to the corner where the rangers fans were.

Sitting on one point and my da is on zero - should we expect to get one?
Go official if they ever announce a TC flight. Last couple of games anyone, well almost on 2 or more got tickets from a lot less allocation. If 3200 is right, then I would agree almost all will get.

Zero pointers who just joined should be at the back of the pecking order if it comes to that.

Go official if they ever announce a TC flight. Last couple of games anyone, well almost on 2 or more got tickets from a lot less allocation. If 3200 is right, then I would agree almost all will get.
You’d imagine the club will request as much as possible - hopefully the 3200 number is true.

If we get 3200 anyone wanting a ticket will get one imo, be surprised if those on zero points dont get the opportunity to get a ticket at some point down the line.

The popular trip appears to be Feyenoord / Amsterdam.

Theres still decent flights available for porto, especially going Thursday morning and back on Friday or Saturday.

If we get 3200 anyone wanting a ticket will get one imo, be surprised if those on zero points dont get the opportunity to get a ticket at some point down the line.

The popular trip appears to be Feyenoord / Amsterdam.
Much easier & cheaper to get to. Porto seems a struggle for affordable flights, unless you go from the middle to south of England

Tell me more mate..
Going on Thursday morning, Edinburgh at 6am via Brussels arriving in Porto at noon is costing 135 quid.
Coming back on the Friday, I cant remember our exact route, think its via Barcelona, its 2 flights anyway and cost approx 140 quid, this was yesterday morning we booked.
Plenty options if we wanted to come back Saturday too.

Will we be applying for tickets one by one or all at the same time? (i.e. will my point for Porto count for when I apply for Feyenoord?)

When I went,it was a flight from glasgow to Stansted to Porto,same return. Cant remember exact price,but it wasn't too bad.
Worth checking out,not a bad way to go. Had a few hours to kill at Stansted,so just jumped on a train to bishops stortford for a few local refreshments.

Should be guaranteed pretty much.

There is less that 1k on 4-13 points.
That means there’s 5k members on 0-4, while I think everyone will be fine for a ticket, it’s only a guess. Even if 1700 of the 5k members wanted one then we’d be close to the allocation. At this stage you can only really guess the demand from what you read here and social media as even the club don’t know the demand until registration opens.

Add in the fact there’s only two trips this group stage it’s likely we’d have more going to Porto than if we’d been allowed to go to Berne.

It does sound like there will be 8-10k in Rotterdam and about a quarter of that in Porto.

will it be possible to buy home end tickets on the Porto website with a UK address?

ive tried navigating their website but my dog is more PC savvy than me

That means there’s 5k members on 0-4, while I think everyone will be fine for a ticket, it’s only a guess. Even if 1700 of the 5k members wanted one then we’d be close to the allocation. At this stage you can only really guess the demand from what you read here and social media as even the club don’t know the demand until registration opens.

Add in the fact there’s only two trips this group stage it’s likely we’d have more going to Porto than if we’d been allowed to go to Berne.

It does sound like there will be 8-10k in Rotterdam and about a quarter of that in Porto.

Nitpicking but it's 5k on 0-3 points, not 0-4.

Your correct in that it is guesswork but as you say the Rotterdam trip appears by far the most popular. I reckon we'll take somewhere between 2-2.5k to Porto, happy to be proved wrong on that.

For those looking for flights, and can fly from Edinburgh there's a couple options on the thursday morning.
6am via Brussels landing at 12 in porto and also 6:30 flight to Luton and the wizz air to porto at 10:25 from luton.
Both were costing about 135 quid last night.
Coming back on friday you can go Porto - Faro - Glasgow or edinburgh.
Theres also Porto - Madrid - Birmingham - Glasgow or Porto - Lisbon - Basel - Edinburgh.
A lot of flights I know but still sitting at decent prices (on Sunday night anyway)
Hotels in porto appear to be cheap too.

Back