Porto Away Match Registration

Really nobody knows. This is where there should be more transparency, how many intended travel club flights (for example.) SLO able to say 6,000 in travel club, less than 1,000 on 4pts and above, why not just share the full breakdown? If Porto is a concern for tickets, Feyenoord will be out of reach for many.
Sadly I won’t get Feyenoord as far too low on points, Porto is my only chance of a trip so fingers crossed

I've joined the TC this morning but not showing any tickets in "match tickets section".

What am I doing wrong?

Will be heading to Porto independently.

Looks like we will end up in a situation where we won’t sell out our entire allocation through independent sales but the TC day trip will be knocking folk back due to demand.
I applied for both, have a route planned out if not successful on day trip

people will be applying hoping to be unsuccessful and people will be applying in hope its the same system as the qualifiers so they can get a point to boost their chances for Feyernord

Booked us up there on day trip. Hopefully get on with 3 points.

Bit of hassle booking it , had 8 in my basket at one point . Eventually got there in the end.

Just in the door and went to apply fir day trip and says sold out are they not meant to wait on a deadline before picking based on points ?
Got to love FF. Renowned company such as Thomas Cook potentially going bust and the biggest concern for the Bears is how this will impact their Travel Club points.

Superb.
I was taking the pish . Another one on the end of the hook.. easy fishing

It’s also worth pointing out that not all of the people registered will buy one. In fact I think we could end up not selling our allocation for this when it comes down to people actually buying. Also I would highly doubt Porto would put up much of a barrier to allocating us more tickets if the demand was there - i would imagine a degree of apathy from their fans toward this competition especially at group stage.

Albeit rangers would need to request more but if it is to satisfy the need for people who have paid up for the travel club membership and the option was there for more tickets it would be very disappointing if we didn’t.

It’s also worth pointing out that not all of the people registered will buy one. In fact I think we could end up not selling our allocation for this when it comes down to people actually buying. Also I would highly doubt Porto would put up much of a barrier to allocating us more tickets if the demand was there - i would imagine a degree of apathy from their fans toward this competition especially at group stage.

Albeit rangers would need to request more but if it is to satisfy the need for people who have paid up for the travel club membership and the option was there for more tickets it would be very disappointing if we didn’t.

I think there will be plenty tickets to go around.

This issue is going to be seats available on the plane(s) for the TC day trip which seems to be very popular so far.

Good chance we’ll end up with quite a few bears getting turned down for the day trip but we’ll have unsold match tickets within our end.

With a bit of luck TC will manage to get a couple of extra planes on for this.

I think there will be plenty tickets to go around.

This issue is going to be seats available on the plane(s) for the TC day trip which seems to be very popular so far.

Good chance we’ll end up with quite a few bears getting turned down for the day trip but we’ll have unsold match tickets within our end.

With a bit of luck TC will manage to get a couple of extra planes on for this.
If there is a demand Thomas Cook will put on as many flights as they can. In the past I've seen up to 4 flights each for TC and SO. As no longer in high season, plane availability is no longer an issue.

I registered for an independent ticket and then decided to book the day trip as I thought £349 was reasonable.

What happens in that situation?

Do I need to cancel my interest the independent ticket?

I’m only on one point.

Just booked the day trip for me and the wee man, only on two points so fingers crossed, hopefully not to long to wait on the numbers being confirmed.

If there is a demand Thomas Cook will put on as many flights as they can. In the past I've seen up to 4 flights each for TC and SO. As no longer in high season, plane availability is no longer an issue.

We went on the two night trip with sport options when we played there in 2005, they took over 1000 then, the TC were the same.

I registered for an independent ticket and then decided to book the day trip as I thought £349 was reasonable.

What happens in that situation?

Do I need to cancel my interest the independent ticket?

I’m only on one point.
I’ve done this too so if you’re successful on the day trip just don’t take the independent ticket

When is the deadline to apply for the day trip ? Not for me my mate is wondering.

There is no date on the website that I can see. It says the following....

Thomas Cook Sport will make every effort to confirm your booking within 24 hours of all members of your application becoming eligible to travel.

Thomas Cook Sport reserve the right to end applications without notice.

Should further availability arise, Thomas Cook Sport will re-open applications and these applications will be confirmed in line with the clubs selling criteria, subject to availability, until applications close.

Applications will be confirmed in order, in line with the clubs points/selling criteria.

Really nobody knows. This is where there should be more transparency, how many intended travel club flights (for example.) SLO able to say 6,000 in travel club, less than 1,000 on 4pts and above, why not just share the full breakdown? If Porto is a concern for tickets, Feyenoord will be out of reach for many.
Ahh... but with transparency comes questions.

if we get 1000 tickets and have;
300 on 4+ points.
400 on 3 points.
500 on 2 points.

The 500 on 2+ would fancy their chances of getting a ticket in the ballot, however when there is no ballot for those on 2. People will do the maths and ask where the missing tickets went.

Ahh... but with transparency comes questions.

if we get 1000 tickets and have;
300 on 4+ points.
400 on 3 points.
500 on 2 points.

The 500 on 2+ would fancy their chances of getting a ticket in the ballot, however when there is no ballot for those on 2. People will do the maths and ask where the missing tickets went.
That just for indipendent or all in mate am lost lol

Was meaning all in and assuming those numbers all applied.

Basically if they gave us the exact number breakdown we'd figure out how many tickets the players/ sponsors/ corporate were getting to skip the queue and be angry about it.
Ah a get you mate.

Was meaning all in and assuming those numbers all applied.

Basically if they gave us the exact number breakdown we'd figure out how many tickets the players/ sponsors/ corporate were getting to skip the queue and be angry about it.
You might be interested to learn that Man Utd do that for every away match, down to the last ticket (or something like it), it’s on their website.

Just double checking this

If successful for day trip and I pay this can I then go back to them in 3 weeks to cancel if I find out I can’t attend for some reason, getting a full refund? Assuming yes?

Just checked the face value of tickets for the Young Boys fans in Porto and they’re 30 euro.

Would expect ours to be the same unless they replicate what their fans will charged at Ibrox (45 euro)

Just checked the face value of tickets for the Young Boys fans in Porto and they’re 30 euro.

Would expect ours to be the same unless they replicate what their fans will charged at Ibrox (45 euro)

Quite expensive what we’re charging away fans I think.

If successful for day trip and I pay this can I then go back to them in 3 weeks to cancel if I find out I can’t attend for some reason, getting a full refund? Assuming yes?
No, you need to check you are able to attend before you book. If you are balloted out they will give a refund but for no other reason.

No,you won’t get a refund once payment has been taken.

So if that happened, if you cancelled say 3 weeks before the trip, you don’t get a refund but surely they then distribute your ticket out to the next in line?

Signed up with Thomas Cook last night for day trip, credit card details etc, got confirmation to say I was booked, do I now need to register with Rangers?

So if that happened, if you cancelled say 3 weeks before the trip, you don’t get a refund but surely they then distribute your ticket out to the next in line?
Best to read the terms and conditions when entering into a booking with them.

Back