Porto away - Tickets Info and Fan Zone meeting place?

GEODGC

Official Ticketer
The travel club has opened up again for Porto tickets!Only guessing they must have not had enough apply for the amount of tickets they’re getting?
Did membership close again? It’s been open since after we qualified for the group stages. Ticket registration is open again though for Porto to accommodate those that were travelling with Thomas Cook on the day trip. Thomas Cook have lost all the names of people booked with them.

Craig McColl

The travel club has opened up again for Porto tickets!Only guessing they must have not had enough apply for the amount of tickets they’re getting?
Feyernood looks like being the 1 most are heading too.I'm doing both and have visited both the last time we played them.Porto much better trip for me.

Blue As

Official Ticketer
Or they are giving the people who applied for the TC flight to register their interest for an independent ticket instead.

falkirkbear

Did membership close again? It’s been open since after we qualified for the group stages. Ticket registration is open again though for Porto to accommodate those that were travelling with Thomas Cook on the day trip. Thomas Cook have lost all the names of people booked with them.
Club still trying to organise flights for Porto & Feyenoord more details on Tuesday.
The most frustrating part of this has been the silence from the travel club to the existing members, if they have kept the Porto registration open they haven't emailed members to tell them this.

I had "booked" with thomas cook, but registered for independent off my own back as soon as the news about TC broke, I emailed them on Monday asking if there was anything planned regarding an alternative, the reply was to keep an eye on the website!

Mitchell McCoist

Official Ticketer
Do the club actually make any money off the official travel club trip or is all profit directed to Thomas Cook with the club getting an upfront payment for them being the official partners?

Diego Maradona

Official Ticketer
The most frustrating part of this has been the silence from the travel club to the existing members, if they have kept the Porto registration open they haven't emailed members to tell them this.

I had "booked" with thomas cook, but registered for independent off my own back as soon as the news about TC broke, I emailed them on Monday asking if there was anything planned regarding an alternative, the reply was to keep an eye on the website!
SLO been his normal helpful self too.

GEODGC

Official Ticketer

I got an email telling me this today. I wasn’t booked with Thomas Cook, but I just assumed they sent it to all Travel Club member.

falkirkbear

I got an email telling me this today. I wasn’t booked with Thomas Cook, but I just assumed they sent it to all Travel Club member.
Nothing for me or the wee man, possibly as we'd already registered but we did so knowing the closing date was last Wednesday, they should be telling everyone if this has changed, especially as we're all waiting to find out if we're being allocated a ticket.

Aarcher63

Of course the Porto situation with uefa and the Thomas Cook disaster is all Rangers fault.
It was common knowledge that Thomas Cook were in serious financial difficulty . By the group stage draw it was almost certain they going under . Rangers must of been very badly advised or they refused to believe what they must of been told would happen . It was blind faith at the end

gazzah

Emails been sent to anyone who hasn’t already applied independently. If you have applied already then no email. Tuesday is new deadline

Teddy bear

I looked at that route back it was £150 the other day just didn’t trust myself to me on a 5am flight the night after an all day session.
Looking at Porto-Madrid-Birmingham-Glasgow 11.35 - 20.30 only 9 hours in total £167
That birmingham route home was only totalling 65 quid last week

Defoe_9

No risk if you keep going for it.
Did consider this but there would be 2 going and 1 coming back, boy I’m going with would never get on that plane lol
That birmingham route home was only totalling 65 quid last week
i know mate wasn’t 100% sure I was going until Wednesday, booked flights there and hotel but it’s a nightmare trying to find a decent route home for a decent price now

BlueHeaven1872

The lack of comms about it is, 100%
I completely agree with this - Chelsea use TC and weeks ago confirmed packages to all 3 games. Shortly after TC went into admin they updated via their website on the alternative arrangements even included coach travel to domestic away games as TC covered this as well. The organisation of the preferred partner and Rangers even before they went bust was simply not good enough.

Steph85

I had done the exactly the same registered for daytrip with TC and when the news broke registered for independent travel. Have not received an email.

Teddy bear

Did consider this but there would be 2 going and 1 coming back, boy I’m going with would never get on that plane lol

i know mate wasn’t 100% sure I was going until Wednesday, booked flights there and hotel but it’s a nightmare trying to find a decent route home for a decent price now
167 quid isn't too bad

falkirkbear

I had done the exactly the same registered for daytrip with TC and when the news broke registered for independent travel. Have not received an email.
I emailed them about it last night and they've confirmed this morning that they only emailed members who hadn't registered for an independent ticket.

They are trying to make alternative arrangements for a daytrip but it will be tuesday before they know more, once they know either way they will send an email to all travel club members.

They extended the deadline to allow those who hadn't already registered independent to do so.

Still don't see why those us who'd already applied believing the deadline was Wednesday weren't told the deadline had been extended, especially given that some will still be waiting to confirm travel plans based on getting a ticket or not.

london_bluenose

Official Ticketer
Is anyone staying in Porto for the Friday as well?
I can't fly out Wednesday due to work, so I'm flying out Thursday morning and staying until Saturday morning.

Also is anyone else on the 07:30 from Luton on Thursday morning?

JAH90

I can't fly out Wednesday due to work, so I'm flying out Thursday morning and staying until Saturday morning.

Yeah mate 3 of us staying until the Saturday afternoon.

Opta

3 of us also staying till Saturday aswell.

Wickbear

Official Ticketer
What’s the estimate on numbers traveling to Porto, anyone hazard a guess? 3000-4000 maybe?

Teddy bear

What’s the estimate on numbers traveling to Porto, anyone hazard a guess? 3000-4000 maybe?
Just under 3500 have applied for tickets, won't be far off that number, some of the applicants wont be going, just applying for the point. but they'll be a fair few going that are not in the travel club.

Sturfc54

Official Ticketer
Just under 3500 have applied for tickets, won't be far off that number, some of the applicants wont be going, just applying for the point. but they'll be a fair few going that are not in the travel club.
Im not in the TC, praying now its not collection in porto which is looking increasingly likely as they wont have enough time to post out tickets. My mate who is in the TC has applied & offered me his ticket if succesful

If not its home end for me.

GeckoBear29

Im not in the TC, praying now its not collection in porto which is looking increasingly likely as they wont have enough time to post out tickets. My mate who is in the TC has applied & offered me his ticket if succesful

We’ve bought two tickets for section 25.

Will just be like an away end by the sounds of it

Sturfc54

Official Ticketer
We’ve bought two tickets for section 25.

Will just be like an away end by the sounds of it
Looks like it, esentially everyone who wants one will get one, im not bothering with buying online for the home end yet, if need be i can pick up a ticket over there.

Bigbluebear1971

They posted out Gibraltar and Denmark tickets with only 2 days before match, they are only posted special delivery if you have selected such and paid extra 7quid for the privilege along with your travel documents.

GREGRFC

Your pal is scamming the system. That’s why it should always be collection with photo ID at the location. I genuinely hope you get a ticket nonetheless.

Teddy bear

6 of us going, only 2 of us in the travel club but both of us on 0 points, we will prob just get home end tickets.

Sturfc54

Official Ticketer
Your pal is scamming the system. That’s why it should always be collection with photo ID at the location. I genuinely hope you get a ticket nonetheless.

My first european away game since osasuna 12 years ago, go easy:D