Porto Away Tickets

Definitely should lose a point if you register interest with no intention of going. Could maybe allow everyone one opt out per season in case of emergencies.

Why? It doesn’t harm anyone.

I’ve registered for Porto but won’t be going. If I get offered one I won’t pay for it and it goes to someone else. Nobody loses out. If I don’t get one then I get a point which should help me for Feyenoord.

It’s just the system.

Well I have picked up my tickets on the day for every away game to date ;)
Edit: except tomorrows game :)
So have I but not many have to. Tomorrow will be the first game I've had the ticket in advance this season :))

I’ve registered for Porto but won’t be going. If I get offered one I won’t pay for it and it goes to someone else. Nobody loses out. If I don’t get one then I get a point which should help me for Feyenoord.

It’s just the system.

I think he means specifically guys on low points that register an interest, hoping the chance to actually buy a ticket doesn’t get as far as them, they then gain a point when they have no intention of ever going. If you are on a decent points total, registering but not buying a ticket has little effect.

It’s just the system.
Because they can't offer tickets to everyone hoping that some won't take. It was (well my understanding was) they gave people with enough points a ticket then drew names for the remaining tickets from the next point down. if lots of people don't take tickets then these are offered on, with the time frames we are talking about 2 days is a long time for booking travel, accommodation and time off work. Meaning people on less points might be forced out of taking a ticket. Putting your name in with no intention of going is not right and an abuse of the system.

(I'm not singling you out here because I know many that do it and it is- currently- a good way of accruing points but the system is meant to reward loyalty, not chancery.)

Because they can't offer tickets to everyone hoping that some won't take. It was (well my understanding was) they gave people with enough points a ticket then drew names for the remaining tickets from the next point down. if lots of people don't take tickets then these are offered on, with the time frames we are talking about 2 days is a long time for booking travel, accommodation and time off work. Meaning people on less points might be forced out of taking a ticket. Putting your name in with no intention of going is not right and an abuse of the system.

(I'm not singling you out here because I know many that do it and it is- currently- a good way of accruing points but the system is meant to reward loyalty, not chancery.)

There hasn’t been any sort of drawing of names or ballot for tickets this year. They open a sales window for those on a certain number of points, then another window for those on less points, and so it goes on until all tickets are sold.

Why does the SLO not communicate with fans at all
I have said on previous threads RE this, the reason the club aren't transparent with people signed up and how many tickets we get is so that we don't figure out how many tickets are taken by the club for players/ sponsors/ corporate etc etc. As we'd all be pretty annoyed when we found out. See the reaction to the RSCs getting less tickets for the home OF this season. The less information the less probing and the less questioning/ anger.

There hasn’t been any sort of drawing of names or ballot for tickets this year. They open a sales window for those on a certain number of points, then another window for those on less points, and so it goes on until all tickets are sold.
So that was the old system, even still if the 3's were offered and you were on 1 you wouldn't book up in the chance enough filter down and you are quick enough on the draw. I know many do it but I'm not spending £300 odd on travel, accommodation and expenses and not going to a game when I could spend a 6th of that and have a night out in Glasgow watching the game in a Rangers pub. Not to mention 2/3 days holiday from work.

I have said on previous threads RE this, the reason the club aren't transparent with people signed up and how many tickets we get is so that we don't figure out how many tickets are taken by the club for players/ sponsors/ corporate etc etc. As we'd all be pretty annoyed when we found out. See the reaction to the RSCs getting less tickets for the home OF this season. The less information the less probing and the less questioning/ anger.

I'm not referring to giving a breakdown. The communication from the club re Porto in general has been shocking

Last edited:
I messaged the SLO on Twitter and he said Tuesday/Wednesday

Hopefully hear today at some point

I'm not referring to not giving a breakdown. The communication from the club re Porto in general has been shocking
Because they know that whether they communicate or not we will still be there in our numbers. Fans dont want much more than a bit of communication. Treated pretty poorly imo

I picked up in Luxembourg

Mate, I know some people picked up on the day, but for the vast majority it was post or collect at Ibrox. It’s been like that since Villarreal away last season. Generally, they will only let you pick up over there if you stay abroad or there’s been some sort of error on their part regarding the postage or whatever.

I'm not referring to giving a breakdown. The communication from the club re Porto in general has been shocking
Sorry misunderstood. The club have been pretty poor with communication re everything recently. Will cut them some slack but it needs to improve throught this season and be much better next.

i sent my itinerary in for luxembourg and the challenged it before i got my ticket. I sent heehaw in for Warsaw and the ticket got sent to me lol.

I collected in Gibraltar and Warsaw, A’s did many others. However it was possible to have tickets posted.

I picked up my tickets in Gibraltar, Luxembourg, Herning from SLO and Warsaw.

There must be more to why that was the case, no? As I said in the other post, the default position is collect or post, they don’t give collecting over there as an option unless there’s a reason for it.

There must be more to why that was the case, no? As I said in the other post, the default position is collect or post, they don’t give collecting over there as an option unless there’s a reason for it.

Luxembourg and Warsaw I had to pick mine up from Greg as the ticket office were not able to deliver the ticket in time for me departing Glasgow. Would imagine that would have been the case for G_D or something along those lines.

Well the Gibraltar ticket was due to me working away from home and unable to collect or have it posted as I was visiting several locations.
With regard to Warsaw I was in the first batch of applicants that were subject to an administrative error in the TO which resulted in it being too risky to post out to be so I elected to collect in Warsaw.
So I guess you are correct and there being s reason for collecting tickets.

I live in Aberdeen. Short turnaround for ticket dispatch meant it was not possible to post out before I had left. I paid for special delivery for Legia ticket. Rangers failed to send it out so pickup abroad was the only solution.

Well over a week since the Thomas Cook stuff and not a single email or update on the website to let folk know what’s going on.

What a fucking joke, if you were treated this poorly by any other establishment you’d be going off your nut.

Where I do think it’s poor is that folk that have no travel currently sorted will be seriously struggling/pay extortionate prices.

I know practically everyone usually books travel as soon as fixtures are announced but in theory the club would probably tell you to wait to see if you’ve been allocated a ticket before booking travel and accommodation. By that logic this isn’t enough time at all.

Where I do think it’s poor is that folk that have no travel currently sorted will be seriously struggling/pay extortionate prices.

I know practically everyone usually books travel as soon as fixtures are announced but in theory the club would probably tell you to wait to see if you’ve been allocated a ticket before booking travel and accommodation. By that logic this isn’t enough time at all.
A lot depends on how many travel club points you have.

The communication or lack of is appalling.

This is my first season in the Travel Club (done Gibraltar and Luxembourg trips) and it has been a complete chore on several occasions waiting for on sale dates/ allocations / pick-up details amongst other things.

We are a magnificent fanbase with a support like no other yet the club treats the fans with contempt. SLO communication is awful and gives the impression of doing the bare minimum and treating the task of representing the fans as an inconvenience.

It is a crying shame as the trips I have done have been wonderful with lots of superb memories. However the ardurous task of arranging trips at such ridiculous short notice while being starved of help is genuinely putting me off making the effort for Porto now.

Sorry but needed to be said.

Back