Porto Away Tickets

Bought mines just there no issue, special delivery. I’m on 2 points.

The fact that are still yet to email anybody any update is mind bogglingly incompetent.

Is anybody in TC able to go on and buy tickets ? Hopefully them means we have enough supply to meet demand. All bets are off though given the lack of planning, organising and communicating.

Edit- seen the email there. Am I wrong to suggest the fact tickets can get delivered that will allow folk who just wanted the point to sell elsewhere? Not a fan of that.

Last edited:
Open until Saturday morning for 2 points and above don’t see the why it’s open for that long

Is it just me or are there a lot of angry fans planning on going this trip. There wasn't a fraction of the anger at the qualifying rounds when the club only had 7 days to organise the whole thing.

They did it then and everyone got their tickets on time. Maybe we need Stevie G to request that everyone "Calm Down".
Not really everyone knew things would be tight for qualifying, Rangers have known since the end of August that we were in Porto at the end of October.

Special delivery does leave it open to people shifting tickets does it not? I'm close enough to collect mine though I'm aware that's not an option for all.

That email didn’t look to me that folk selecting special delivery had to email Travel itinerary

Can anyone confirm this?

That email didn’t look to me that folk selecting special delivery had to email Travel itinerary

Can anyone confirm this?
Will still have the send the travel itinerary, although seen on another thread about previous European away games this season that guys were chancing it and not sending the itinerary and still getting the tickets sent out. Think they only check a certain amount of emails before sending tickets. Pot luck I would say.

Will still have the send the travel itinerary, although seen on another thread about previous European away games this season that guys were chancing it and not sending the itinerary and still getting the tickets sent out. Think they only check a certain amount of emails before sending tickets. Pot luck I would say.

Some folk have been doing exactly that. Absolute madness though to risk your trip by not sending in an itinerary if you actually have booked. For all the time it takes.

Yeah I called them there, still need to send it. Easy enough.

Agree the wording of the emails is vague.
Anyone wanting their ticket sent via special delivery would be better sending in their itinerary.

Some folk have been doing exactly that. Absolute madness though to risk your trip by not sending in an itinerary if you actually have booked. For all the time it takes.

Exactly! There’s 3 of us going, my mate done all the bookings so will just get him to email over the details.

Hope there’s some left on Sunday morning. I’ll be going to Porto either way.

Anyone think the 0 pointers will have a good chance of getting?
Chances are not so good now that the TC are back to allowing special delivery and emailing an itinerary. A number of guys are happy to spend £42 for a point and then try and punt their ticket.

So secondary ticketing is now rife for euro aways because of it though, so that may help some.

Given it’s collection at Ibrox / Special Delivery there will be loads of spares kicking about for this.

No communication about it so I assume not
The e-mails sent today specifically mention independent travel. In the past when they've not run a day trip, they have communicated that they're not running it (due to cost, lack of aircraft etc etc), so I'd at least expect some form of communication about it.

The half full view is they're still working to find a solution with another carrier and will communicate when all avenues have been exhausted, ie, no news is good news.

The half empty view is they have said not one thing to those who registered with TC with the expectation of going. A blanket "we're trying to find a solution" would go some way to keep fans updated, but saying nothing has just caused confusion and anger.

Chances are not so good now that the TC are back to allowing special delivery and emailing an itinerary. A number of guys are happy to spend £42 for a point and then try and punt their ticket.

So secondary ticketing is now rife for euro aways because of it though, so that may help some.

I’m not sure how it works but doesn’t the travel itinerary need to include proof it’s you travelling?

My memory is different from yours then mate as the Gibraltar and Warsaw trips especially had threads similar to this :)) Those games were just as bad but all got tickets in the end, one way or another.

This probably seems worse due to the increased number travelling to this game compared to the qualifiers.
All sorted now, 2 weeks before the game. Everyone can go back to normal again.

I think you will find most of those posting "when will?" Comments are fairly new to european tours or maybe used to Thomas Cook doing it all for them.

Back