Porto Away Tickets

Guys... registered for a ticket for porto, 0 pointer, if i cant get one due to demand, is a point still applied or only for folk who actually get one purchased. Sorry if this has been asked 20 times before

Ticket purchased itinerary sent,

what section is it in the home end that people are buying for? About to purchase a ticket for my mate not sure what section

All sorted now, 2 weeks before the game. Everyone can go back to normal again.

I think you will find most of those posting "when will?" Comments are fairly new to european tours or maybe used to Thomas Cook doing it all for them.

Yes.

Theres quite a few people who

1. Have zero intention of trailing somewhere and booking travel unless they have a ticket.

2. Go there and back same day for work / business / family reasons and happy to pay a premium to do so.

The club have had 2 weeks (3?) of putting those people off / ignoring sportoptions offers then making no mention of it in the official email today.

Feel free to prove me wrong Rangers.

What order numbers are we up to? Mine was bought couple hours ago order number 054. Would be useful for the one and zero pointers to know how the numbers are going.

The e-mails sent today specifically mention independent travel. In the past when they've not run a day trip, they have communicated that they're not running it (due to cost, lack of aircraft etc etc), so I'd at least expect some form of communication about it.

The half full view is they're still working to find a solution with another carrier and will communicate when all avenues have been exhausted, ie, no news is good news.

The half empty view is they have said not one thing to those who registered with TC with the expectation of going. A blanket "we're trying to find a solution" would go some way to keep fans updated, but saying nothing has just caused confusion and anger.

That’s what I was thinking until yesterday. Now I don’t believe a day trip will be organised and now looking at other options.

Absolutely shocking that we have not had any updates from the travel club.

Guys... registered for a ticket for porto, 0 pointer, if i cant get one due to demand, is a point still applied or only for folk who actually get one purchased. Sorry if this has been asked 20 times before

If the ticket offer opens up to folk on Zero points and you don’t purchase a ticket you will not get a point. If it does not open up to zero points then you will

That’s what I was thinking until yesterday. Now I don’t believe a day trip will be organised and now looking at other options.

Agree. If pushed I'd say that the day trip will get binned, which is an absolute pisser.

That said, I'm trying to remain positive that they're still working on something and that's why they've not said anything. I asked the SLO this direct question last Friday and he told me that he couldn't say anything until the Club confirm to him (one way or another).

Hope dies last, right?!!... :rolleyes:

Chances are not so good now that the TC are back to allowing special delivery and emailing an itinerary. A number of guys are happy to spend £42 for a point and then try and punt their ticket

Still need to sent itinerary for special delivery.

Suppose some well off bears might still be willing to pay flights etc and not go for the points. Definitely not a fan of that.

A day trip was never a realistic prospect as far as I'm aware. Sport options tried but couldn't get takeoff slot for Thursday night to come home.

Seen a couple of people on facebook looking to swap porto away for hearts away saying they cant get off work now :confused: In the space of a few hours very convenient

Seen a couple of people on facebook looking to swap porto away for hearts away saying they cant get off work now :confused: In the space of a few hours very convenient

Hardly surprised will keep happening until collection is in the city the game is in, folk might not like it but it’s the only way it will work. Maybe not been able to collect it until a week tomorrow means they are giving the travel itenerey’s a good look.

I wonder how many folk bought tickets for Porto Home section just as insurance due to how long Rangers were taking with the communication re tickets...

I wonder how many folk bought tickets for Porto Home section just as insurance due to how long Rangers were taking with the communication re tickets...
I have. I got one the other day then have seen various different sections being mentioned so have a couple now. On 0 points and with nearly 1000 tickets sold already am unsure if will get one of ours. So either I will have 1 spare or 2 spare which will go for the price of a couple of pints to someone in need. (Travelling alone need to make pals)

I have. I got one the other day then have seen various different sections being mentioned so have a couple now. On 0 points and with nearly 1000 tickets sold already am unsure if will get one of ours. So either I will have 1 spare or 2 spare which will go for the price of a couple of pints to someone in need. (Travelling alone need to make pals)

Quality mate! If you end up with spares Youl get them shifted no bother! The town centre will be utterly jumping!

It actually seems to me like it might be easy enough for folk to buy tickets in Porto, wither that’s through people with extra tickets like yourself or locals etc

Think the low pointers will have a very good chance of getting Rangers end tickets.
With the day trip gone and less than a thousand sold so far I don’t think we will sell our allocation.

I’ve 2 flights that only open the check in 24 hours before the flight , that would be too late to print off a boarding pass to send to the club , I take it the original email receipt would do ?
It is an email confirmation of your flight that you email in.

Quality mate! If you end up with spares Youl get them shifted no bother! The town centre will be utterly jumping!

It actually seems to me like it might be easy enough for folk to buy tickets in Porto, wither that’s through people with extra tickets like yourself or locals etc
I do suppose there will be a few about. Whether people knew how to get them is another question if not then I will have at least one. They are my backup so it’s my outlay. If I can get another to the stadium in support of us then it’s fine with me.

Why not?

Selling under 1,000 in a whole evening I reckon it'll go to 0 points.

I concur. I imagine those who are genuinely interested in going on the trip within a few hours. The fact that its under 1000 at this stage bodes well for it going all the way to 0 pointers.

Back