Porto confirmed for Champs League Final

Why not just have it in England so that the 2 clubs and 12,000 supporters aren't travelling to another country during a pandemic?
I was told it was because UEFA delegates will have to quarantine in England after they travel whereas they won't in Portugal

Why not just have it in England so that the 2 clubs and 12,000 supporters aren't travelling to another country during a pandemic?

suitcase-full-banknotes-one-pink-euros-129697831.jpg

The UK government wouldn't relax the rules to let uefa staff (around 1000 people) in without 10 days quarantine

What was wrong with Wembley?

(See above - sounds like madness. Surely just test and release them).

Do they think 12,000 fans will quarantine when they come back?

The UK government wouldn't relax the rules to let uefa staff (around 1000 people) in without 10 days quarantine

I know it might seem silly but are the UEFA staff that busy they cant just do the quarantine? Im sure the money side wont matter so it seems a bit daft...

What was wrong with Wembley?

(See above - sounds like madness. Surely just test and release them).

Do they think 12,000 fans will quarantine when they come back?

Don't need to quarantine on return as Portugal is on the Green list for the UK and that is why Porto has been chosen.
Wembley was ruled out when the Government correctly refused to give the UEFA Family corporate and VIP prawn sandwich brigade flying in from all over including amber and red countries special permission to avoid UK quarantine rules. UEFA would rather these individuals get their freebies in Portugal than more real fans get to the game at Wembley hence the move.

All so the UEFA delegates and sponsors are allowed to attend the game without any need for potential quarantine.

Absolute shambles. What a horrible organisation UEFA are.

From a selfish point of view, if we were in the final I would much prefer a trip to Porto than Wembley, ticket or not.

I know it might seem silly but are the UEFA staff that busy they cant just do the quarantine? Im sure the money side wont matter so it seems a bit daft...
I did think that but remembered they probably are needed for the Euros.

There's something intrinsically warped in the minds of those in charge of football.

If they had said Turkey is the venue and Turkey is where it gets played then you could live with that.

But once a decision has been taken to move it then Wembley is the only location that makes sense.

Fcuk all this pandering to the fat cats. Fans are the lifeblood of the game.

All the UEFA freebie merchants and the media don’t want to be in cold England when they can be lording it up in the sun in Portugal.
Darryl Currie, Rio and (I think) Hargreaves were delighted on BT when they heard it was likely to be Portugal.
The inconvenience to fans is irrelevant for those who are on expenses paid jaunts!!

Just seen that all fans attending have to be in and out of the country on the same day, have to stay in a 'bubble' in the city and then transferred to the ground.

Going to cost a small fortune for those wanting to go.

You’ve honestly got to laugh. They lucked out by having two teams from the same country in the final and STILL couldn’t take the common sense approach.

Just seen that all fans attending have to be in and out of the country on the same day, have to stay in a 'bubble' in the city and then transferred to the ground.

Going to cost a small fortune for those wanting to go.
Sport options are doing a night trip i think

UEFA love Wembley don’t they?
Wanted it for this game, gave it 2 CL finals in about 4 years, was talk they would give them extra games for the euros if required.

Must be some great free scran and booze there.

Can see the appeal of London nightlife for the suits in ‘normal times’, plenty of decent venues for all expenses paid entertaining and good transport links.

Cracking work if you can get it.

Uefa aren't really bastions of wise decisions,so hardly a surprise they come with this nonsense.

That is the reason, and UEFA would have to refund TV companies etc, whereas Portugal have agreed to waive all quarantine procedures, for once the UK government git it right, most if these people would have been coming from Amber or Red countries.

I'd rather not have x-thousand foreign nationals travelling to Britain than have it moved somewhere logical. We should shut the borders for the foreseeable, especially from non-European nations. (I imagine this will help with Covid, too).

Last edited:
On the news earlier.Travelling fans bussed straight to game and straight back to airport
after game.Not allowed to mix with locals.

sounds Amazing

Back