Porto independent travel routes

GeckoBear29

Trying to put together a plan how to get there fairly cheap.

What’s everyone else doing?

Looking for suggestions that I can use/use a combo of

mayfairblue

going tuesday Glasgow to Dublin was£10. Dublin to Porto was £45.Coming back friday via Brussels was £125 though have to spend friday night in Brussels which was another £50.

hunter1rfc

Official Ticketer
I know! Kinda have my heart set on going. Have got myself to Porto until the £25th for £104.00

Just trying to work out how to get back
If any good i have just looked at
porto - brussels

Brussels - edinburgh on the 25th £189

RainMan1972

What’s the actual latest on the Thomas Cook day trip? Has anyone actually heard anything to suggest it will get cancelled? Other than assuming it will down to TC financial difficulty.

hunter1rfc

Official Ticketer
What’s the actual latest on the Thomas Cook day trip? Has anyone actually heard anything to suggest it will get cancelled? Other than assuming it will down to TC financial difficulty.
Assumption on my part but can’t see the flight still going

DC14RFC

For the way back we booked Friday morning

Porto to Faro
Faro to Newcastle
Then train booked for up the road

That cost about £130

Deek

Official Ticketer
Edinburgh - Barcelona - Porto Wed
Porto - Luxembourg - Edinburgh Fri

falkirkbear

I wonder what the chances are of Sport Options doing a daytrip now, the overnight doesn't really suit me with work.

Ayrgaza

Glasgow via Heathrow & Madrid to Porto & back same way with BA if they are not on strike. Tuesday to Friday.

nelster

Travel Club insist Thomas Cook Sports are a different company.
That would be a result

Clearly the fleet of aircraft they have access to would be affected ?

Edit. 2 minute google says they are gubbed come morning. T&C on the website relate to ‘Thomas Cook Retail Limited’

Hopefully SportOptions see an opportunity to get an official deal

Last edited:

The Railway Bear

That would be a result

Clearly the fleet of aircraft they have access to would be affected ?

Edit. 2 minute google says they are gubbed come morning. T&C on the website relate to ‘Thomas Cook Retail Limited’

Hopefully SportOptions see an opportunity to get an official deal
Would be a result but it’s untrue. Try going into Thomas Cook Sport website. Sorry, just saw your edit.

Last edited:

Gramps1

Official Ticketer

Tuesday-Edinburgh -London -porto
Friday Porto-Madrid-London -Edinburgh

Kev1872

Just booked the Sports Options one. Bit of a gutter as was trying to use the official route for a ticket on 0 points. Now not guarantee a ticket but would still need to travel anyway. Still be a good laugh though sure plenty of us will be there in the same boat.

falkirkbear

Travel Club insist Thomas Cook Sports are a different company.
The Thomas Cook Sport website has been updated to show the below message,

Thomas Cook UK Plc and associated UK entities have entered Compulsory Liquidation and are now under the control of the Official Receiver.

The UK business has ceased trading with immediate effect and all future flights and holidays are cancelled.

A dedicated support service is being provided by The Civil Aviation Authority to assist customers currently overseas and those in the UK with future bookings.
Please visit:
thomascook.caa.co.uk
for further information.

Teddy bear

For the way back we booked Friday morning

Porto to Faro
Faro to Newcastle
Then train booked for up the road

That cost about £130
I'm on the porto faro flight on friday morning but then its faro to prestwick for me, cost me about 140 last week.

Teddy bear

There was a Edinburgh to Brussels then Brussels to Porto on Wednesday morning costing about 130 quid a few days ago.
Lots of options to come in home on the friday, especially if you dont mind fuckin about with 2 or 3 flights

GeckoBear29

There was a Edinburgh to Brussels then Brussels to Porto on Wednesday morning costing about 130 quid a few days ago.
Lots of options to come in home on the friday, especially if you dont mind fuckin about with 2 or 3 flights
I’m sorted for going out but what’s the few options on Friday?

grascots

Official Ticketer
Flying out from Luton to Porto Direct on Wizzair on the Thursday Morning returning Saturday on Easy Jet, Porto to Luton Direct. It wasn't the cheapest at £250.

Teddy bear

I’m sorted for going out but what’s the few options on Friday?
My route is porto - Faro - prestwick.
Only taking 5 hours all in, I got it for 140 but its nearly 200 quid now.
If you dont mind a lot of travelling and a long journey you can go Porto - Madrid - birmingham - Glasgow for about 100 quid.
Takes all day though.
Theres also lots of flights via London dining in less than 150 quid.

Steph85

I’m actually in Spain till the Wednesday night on holiday with the family which is why had registered to go official day trip meaning could come home with them. Am looking at
Alicante-Barcelona-Porto on the thurs morn and Porto-stanstead-Glasgow home on the Friday.