Porto independent travel routes

RainMan1972

Are loads of people just booking gambling on the likelihood of them being allocated a ticket through the independent travel?

I'm on 2 points and have applied for indy- do you think I will get a ticket?

S English

Are loads of people just booking gambling on the likelihood of them being allocated a ticket through the independent travel?

I'm just going for the trip and to have a few beers in the sun with fellow bears, never been to an away European game before, would love a ticket if I get one but not the end of the world if I don't

Diego Maradona

Official Ticketer

Same, I'll be in with the racists if Rangers don't get me a ticket. Obrigado

GEODGC

Official Ticketer

I don’t know anybody that waits to see if they get a ticket before booking. It’s obviously more likely the more points you have, but it’s not a dealbreaker.
27 of us have booked for Feyenoord/Amsterdam and only around 10 are likely to get tickets.

Stoney Loyal

Edinburgh-Luton-Porto Tuesday
Porto-Madrid-Birmingham Friday
£260 for me and my laddie.
Getting back to Edinburgh was proving expensive so going to spend the weekend at my mates in Worcester spend the money we saved on beer and drive home on the Monday sorted.

DaveL

Wed = Glasgow-Heathrow-Madrid-Porto
Fri = in reverse!
British Airways. 7.55Hrs all in going out, 7.10Hrs coming back.

RainMan1972

I don’t know anybody that waits to see if they get a ticket before booking. It’s obviously more likely the more points you have, but it’s not a dealbreaker.
27 of us have booked for Feyenoord/Amsterdam and only around 10 are likely to get tickets.
I get that loads of people are happy just for the trip but in terms of myself actually going to the game is my be all and end all.

Ryan

99% sure you will get a ticket mate

Thomo1872

I managed to secure tickets via other means as I'm not in the Travel Club. Cannot wait!

Ryan

Edinburgh-lisbon Thursday morning glassy bus to Porto then back to Lisbon airport for a 6am flight home to Manchester on the Friday and train up the road £130 for flights and £30 train. The same route was about £230 yesterday when a looked

Andyboyh68

Thursday morning Edin - Gatwick - Porto arrive midday! Porto - Gatwick - Edin late Friday - £300. EasyJet out; BA back

watp85

Official Ticketer
Liverpool to Faro return Wednesday to Friday.

Hire Car up to Porto.

Thankfully I'm a back seat passenger the whole journey from Glasgow ha

falkirkbear

Are the travel club going to bother their arse and let anyone that applied for the day trip know what is or isn't happening?
They responded to my email earlier in the week saying they were waiting on information and to keep an eye on the website, they replied to another poster saying everyone who'd applied would be registered for an independant ticket and I heard last night they're waiting on the list from Thomas Cook of who'd applied, they'll wait a while on that to be fair!

It's pretty shit the way they've kept us in the dark, even Sport Options have contacted them to see if they can help but no reply as of yesterday.

RainMan1972

They responded to my email earlier in the week saying they were waiting on information and to keep an eye on the website, they replied to another poster saying everyone who'd applied would be registered for an independant ticket and I heard last night they're waiting on the list from Thomas Cook of who'd applied, they'll wait a while on that to be fair!

It's pretty shit the way they've kept us in the dark, even Sport Options have contacted them to see if they can help but no reply as of yesterday.
That's exactly why i'm annoyed, the fact they have stayed silent makes me think a day trip with another provider could potentially happen. If it was impossible they should be emailing us early as possible to let us know.

Diego Maradona

Official Ticketer

That’s because they are utterly useless. The fact that many have issues before, during and after every European tie is very telling. There’s no point trying to sugar coat it anymore.

falkirkbear

Fed up waiting on the travel club so booked up tonight,
Edinburgh - Barcelona - Porto with Veuling leaving at 21:10 on the Wednesday night, 6 hour wait overnight in Barcelona, getting into Porto at 08:25 on Thursday morning, hotel at Porto airport then Easyjet to Gatwick at 06:40 on Friday morning
Flights were £480 all in for me and the wee man, hotel £60, train up the road for nothing as I work for the railway and have family passes.

Just need the TC to confirm match tickets, we're on 2 points so fingers crossed!

RainMan1972

Edinburgh - Barcelona - Porto with Veuling leaving at 21:10 on the Wednesday night, 6 hour wait overnight in Barcelona, getting into Porto at 08:25 on Thursday morning, hotel at Porto airport then Easyjet to Gatwick at 06:40 on Friday morning
Flights were £480 all in for me and the wee man, hotel £60, train up the road for nothing as I work for the railway and have family passes.

Just need the TC to confirm match tickets, we're on 2 points so fingers crossed!
On the same flight to Gatwick home as you. We are then waiting until after 3pm for the flight up to Edinburgh...

RainMan1972

We are also 2 points. SLO pretty much confirmed earlier that 2 pointers will definitely be fine.

falkirkbear

We are also 2 points. SLO pretty much confirmed earlier that 2 pointers will definitely be fine.
That's why I bit the bullet and booked it, had originally booked the daytrip before TC went bust, had been hanging off hoping they'd sort something out but a lucky change of shifts at work for that week and Greg's post earlier sealed the deal!

RainMan1972

That's why I bit the bullet and booked it, had originally booked the daytrip before TC went bust, had been hanging off hoping they'd sort something out but a lucky change of shifts at work for that week and Greg's post earlier sealed the deal!
Almost identical to my situation mate

Tibs46

For those still to book there’s still a route out on the day of the game that gets you there for midday.

6.45am Glasgow to Gatwick then the 9.40am to Porto, both with easyJet. There’s a 75 minute stopover which is plenty time I’m told as both flights use the north terminal.

interbear

Wed - Gatwick to Porto
Fri - Porto to Gatwick

Both with BA. And a 3 hour drive to get to Gatwick :rolleyes: as there seem to be very few direct flights to Porto.