Porto independent travel routes

Thursday - Edinburgh (6.05) - Brussels - Porto
Friday - Porto - Liverpool

Leave sat Morning going to Albufera for 1 weeks hols with the missus getting train from Albufera on Thursday morning 7.30 gets into Porto 12.50 stay night in Porto train back
Next day early morning
Looking forward to this one
⚪

Thursday 24th:

Edinburgh - Lisbon 6:20am
Lisbon - Porto by train

Saturday 26th:

Lisbon - Dublin - Glasgow
Same flight out as this and will also be getting the train up to Porto.

Coming back Porto - London City - Edinburgh on the Friday.

Train to London wed evening. 7:30 Luton to Porto. Back to Porto airport after game and 06:40 flight to Gatwick then train to Glasgow. Work for the railway so train journeys for free. £240 all in. Get andante card in Porto for 7 euros gives 24 hours travel on buses, trains so should do for getting to main party zone, ground and airport.
Me and the wee man are on the 06:40 back to Gatwick, using our passes to get back up the road too, we've booked a hotel at Porto airport though, got a 6 hour overnight wait in the airport in Barcelona on the way there.

Same flight out as this and will also be getting the train up to Porto.

Coming back Porto - London City - Edinburgh on the Friday.
Have you pre booked a train yet?
by my calculations we are a bit in between train times by the time you get through the airport and to the train station - I’ve booked the 11:30ish train

There’s still availability on the stansted -Porto flights.

Out wed at 15.40 £65
Back fri at 6.35am £140

Anyone got anything remotely close to a day trip? Don’t mind kipping in Porto airport after the game to fly back early on Friday morning?

Anyone got anything remotely close to a day trip? Don’t mind kipping in Porto airport after the game to fly back early on Friday morning?

I have but it’s out of Lisbon at 6.30 Friday into Manchester. Thursday morning Edinburgh- Lisbon Friday morning Lisbon- Manchester.

FFS, we are Porto-Lux-Edin, booked a couple of weeks ago £130, mate is interested in going, same flights now £357 !

Have you pre booked a train yet?
by my calculations we are a bit in between train times by the time you get through the airport and to the train station - I’ve booked the 11:30ish train
Not yet, I was hoping our flight lands early / on time and we make the 10:10 train as that gets in to Porto at 1pm but chances are very slim of that.

If not we will probably get the 11:39 or the 12:09 faster train as both get in at the same time (3pm).

I'm hoping it won't be much more expensive paying the train tickets on the day rather than pre-booking online now.

Luton, as in the actual town?

It's an absolute tip. Don't go there is my advice!

Our flight from Edinburgh to Luton is at 9pm Wednesday night so we won’t arrive until after 10. We’ll likely go for a beer as the Ibis Budget we’re staying in doesn’t appear you have a bar.

Stayed in Luton the night before we flew to Bucharest a few years back. Pretty sure we were in some Weatherspoons type place and was just wondering if there was anywhere better or more lively midweek. You are correct though, the town centre is a toilet.

Not yet, I was hoping our flight lands early / on time and we make the 10:10 train as that gets in to Porto at 1pm but chances are very slim of that.

If not we will probably get the 11:39 or the 12:09 faster train as both get in at the same time (3pm).

I'm hoping it won't be much more expensive paying the train tickets on the day rather than pre-booking online now.
Yeah you’re probably right about prices anyway - I thought the exact same thing about the trains that 10:10 one would have been perfect but given passport control amongst other things at Lisbon airport I can’t see it. Hopefully there are a few shops to buy shandies in the train station!

Hope the Catalan protestors %^*& off from El Prat airport in time for next week or could make for an interesting connection

Back