Porto independent travel routes

My faither and I booked -

Edinburgh to Lisbon on the Tuesday direct - Ryanair - 0745 departure, 1055 arrival

Lisbon to Edinburgh via Dublin on the Saturday - Aer Lingus 1120 departure, arrival 1415, then Ryanair, 1935 departure, 2030 arrival.

I paid £156 per person in total on the day of the draw, now sitting at £238.

Going on the Tuesday from Edinburgh to Lisbon is still cheap - for example, £39 via Dublin and the total journey time is under 7 hours (there are multiple options, both direct and indirect), however you might have to revise the inbound flight as it is significantly more expensive than when I booked.

Of course I'll have to a couple of trains onto that to get to and from Porto, which I haven't done and the longer you are away, the accommodation costs add up. Got a decent looking Airbnb in central Porto for two nights for £34 per person per night. Still need to book accommodation in Lisbon for Tuesday and Friday nights.

Obviously not going to work for those short on time though we wanted to make a short holiday out of it and I'm looking forward to seeing both cities.
On the same return route as yourself.

5 of us doing:
Wednesday morning Manchester to Porto (via Brussels)
Friday morning Porto to Manchester (via Lisbon)

Wednesday; Manchester - Wroclaw - Porto
Friday; Porto - Frankfurt - Manchester
£110

I booked Dublin-Lisbon for about £48 return on the Wednesday-Friday.

Then booked Glasgow to Dublin for £10 on Tuesday night and Lisbon to Porto for about £40.

Don't like the thought of having to get to Lisbon early on the Friday so considering booking another flight from Porto.

I might even fly to another city and catch one of the weekend games before flying home Sunday. You can get a flight to Barcelona for £13 but it's El Clasico that weekend I think.

We are on that 10:25 flight too.
Lands at 12:40 which I thought was great until I heard that Portugal is the same time as the UK Haha
How you getting back?
We've still to book digs.
Returning on easy jet on the Saturday morning.
I have booked an apartment near the centre which was reasonable.

edi - madrid - porto on the Wednesday easy jet /iberia
porto - barc - Edinburgh on the Friday. vueling

Got it for about 220 in total but now about 400 quid. also the option to fly out on the Thursday is still available.

Manchester - Brussels - Oporto Weds 23rd 10am arrive 3pm roughly.

Oporto - Brussels - Manchester Fri 25th 3pm arrive 9:25pm.

£200

5 of us doing:
Wednesday morning Manchester to Porto (via Brussels)
Friday morning Porto to Manchester (via Lisbon)

I'm doing that Weds flight too mate. Finish Back shift at 9pm then heading straight down from work. Booked one of the Premier Inns for £45.

Glasgow > Faro > Porto, Wednesday.

Porto > Manchester > Train to Glasgow, Saturday.

About £130 all in.

For anyone looking to book trains within Portugal, this website was recommended to me by a pal living there. Was very straightforward to use too, the English version of it is particularly user friendly.

You get 'promo tickets' for booking in advance. when going to enter passenger details, make sure you select 'promo ticket' instead of 'full price'. 38 euros for Lisbon Oriente to Porto Sao Bento return journey (outbound Wednesday, inbound Friday). My faither is over 65 so got his for 16 euros return.

My return on Friday is Porto-Madrid-Birmingham-Glasgow. Booked three weeks ago and it was about £95 then. It is an al day journey with a long wait in Madrid but I got time.

Glasgow-Dublin-Porto Wednesday then back Porto-Geneva-Newcastle Friday for around £175 a return as I had some ryanair flight credit for the way out

Glasgow-stansted-Porto on the Wednesday
Porto-stansted-London city-Edinburgh Friday

got 6 hours wait between flights in London but it was only £125 booked on day of draw

Glasgow - Dublin - Porto Wed
Booked hotel for 2 nights just trying to find a decent route home now

Are loads of people just booking gambling on the likelihood of them being allocated a ticket through the independent travel?

I'm on 2 points and have applied for indy- do you think I will get a ticket?

Are loads of people just booking gambling on the likelihood of them being allocated a ticket through the independent travel?

I'm just going for the trip and to have a few beers in the sun with fellow bears, never been to an away European game before, would love a ticket if I get one but not the end of the world if I don't

Same, I'll be in with the racists if Rangers don't get me a ticket. Obrigado

I don’t know anybody that waits to see if they get a ticket before booking. It’s obviously more likely the more points you have, but it’s not a dealbreaker.
27 of us have booked for Feyenoord/Amsterdam and only around 10 are likely to get tickets.

Edinburgh-Luton-Porto Tuesday
Porto-Madrid-Birmingham Friday
£260 for me and my laddie.
Getting back to Edinburgh was proving expensive so going to spend the weekend at my mates in Worcester spend the money we saved on beer and drive home on the Monday sorted.

I don’t know anybody that waits to see if they get a ticket before booking. It’s obviously more likely the more points you have, but it’s not a dealbreaker.
27 of us have booked for Feyenoord/Amsterdam and only around 10 are likely to get tickets.

I get that loads of people are happy just for the trip but in terms of myself actually going to the game is my be all and end all.

I managed to secure tickets via other means as I'm not in the Travel Club. Cannot wait!

Edinburgh-lisbon Thursday morning glassy bus to Porto then back to Lisbon airport for a 6am flight home to Manchester on the Friday and train up the road £130 for flights and £30 train. The same route was about £230 yesterday when a looked

Thursday morning edinburgh - Luton - Porto
Friday Porto - Faro - prestwick
Still to book a hotel.

Thursday morning Edin - Gatwick - Porto arrive midday! Porto - Gatwick - Edin late Friday - £300. EasyJet out; BA back

Liverpool to Faro return Wednesday to Friday.

Hire Car up to Porto.

Thankfully I'm a back seat passenger the whole journey from Glasgow ha

Back