Porto independent travel routes

Are the travel club going to bother their arse and let anyone that applied for the day trip know what is or isn't happening?
They responded to my email earlier in the week saying they were waiting on information and to keep an eye on the website, they replied to another poster saying everyone who'd applied would be registered for an independant ticket and I heard last night they're waiting on the list from Thomas Cook of who'd applied, they'll wait a while on that to be fair!

It's pretty shit the way they've kept us in the dark, even Sport Options have contacted them to see if they can help but no reply as of yesterday.

They responded to my email earlier in the week saying they were waiting on information and to keep an eye on the website, they replied to another poster saying everyone who'd applied would be registered for an independant ticket and I heard last night they're waiting on the list from Thomas Cook of who'd applied, they'll wait a while on that to be fair!

It's pretty shit the way they've kept us in the dark, even Sport Options have contacted them to see if they can help but no reply as of yesterday.

That's exactly why i'm annoyed, the fact they have stayed silent makes me think a day trip with another provider could potentially happen. If it was impossible they should be emailing us early as possible to let us know.

That’s because they are utterly useless. The fact that many have issues before, during and after every European tie is very telling. There’s no point trying to sugar coat it anymore.

Fed up waiting on the travel club so booked up tonight,
Edinburgh - Barcelona - Porto with Veuling leaving at 21:10 on the Wednesday night, 6 hour wait overnight in Barcelona, getting into Porto at 08:25 on Thursday morning, hotel at Porto airport then Easyjet to Gatwick at 06:40 on Friday morning
Flights were £480 all in for me and the wee man, hotel £60, train up the road for nothing as I work for the railway and have family passes.

Just need the TC to confirm match tickets, we're on 2 points so fingers crossed!

Edinburgh - Barcelona - Porto with Veuling leaving at 21:10 on the Wednesday night, 6 hour wait overnight in Barcelona, getting into Porto at 08:25 on Thursday morning, hotel at Porto airport then Easyjet to Gatwick at 06:40 on Friday morning
Flights were £480 all in for me and the wee man, hotel £60, train up the road for nothing as I work for the railway and have family passes.

Just need the TC to confirm match tickets, we're on 2 points so fingers crossed!

On the same flight to Gatwick home as you. We are then waiting until after 3pm for the flight up to Edinburgh...

We are also 2 points. SLO pretty much confirmed earlier that 2 pointers will definitely be fine.

We are also 2 points. SLO pretty much confirmed earlier that 2 pointers will definitely be fine.
That's why I bit the bullet and booked it, had originally booked the daytrip before TC went bust, had been hanging off hoping they'd sort something out but a lucky change of shifts at work for that week and Greg's post earlier sealed the deal!

That's why I bit the bullet and booked it, had originally booked the daytrip before TC went bust, had been hanging off hoping they'd sort something out but a lucky change of shifts at work for that week and Greg's post earlier sealed the deal!

Almost identical to my situation mate

For those still to book there’s still a route out on the day of the game that gets you there for midday.

6.45am Glasgow to Gatwick then the 9.40am to Porto, both with easyJet. There’s a 75 minute stopover which is plenty time I’m told as both flights use the north terminal.

Wed - Gatwick to Porto
Fri - Porto to Gatwick

Both with BA. And a 3 hour drive to get to Gatwick :rolleyes: as there seem to be very few direct flights to Porto.

Can get to Porto for around £120 on the day of the game with easyJet via Gatwick. Looking for something to get us home on the Friday.

Had applied via travel club for day trip as holidays from work were tight. I take it they still haven’t said if they are doing day trips or not.

Out: Wed Prestwick-Palma-Porto (£27)
Return: Fri Porto-Madrid-Birmingham-Virgin train to Central (£150ish all in)

Horrific flight times, transfers and long stopovers but I'll be there.

Glasgow-Dublin-Stansted-Lisbon on the wednesday
Lisbon-Dublin-Glasgow on the friday morning

£165 at the time of booking on kiwi.com

2 nights in an air B&B in the Belem area of Lisbon £40

Glassy bus from lisbon to porto & back after the game £35

Whos all out for a beer in Lisbon on the wednesday night?;)

We’

We’re re going Porto - Frankfurt- Manchester then train to Glasgow. It was cheap a few weeks ago but not sure now.
Think I’ll need to do Porto-Gatwick then get a train up the road. It’s a 6.40 flight which is going to be a bastard

Tried for the TC day trip but now going out Wednesday Edinburgh-Amsterdam-Porto back Friday Porto-Lisbon-Heathrow-Edinburgh.
Still cheaper than the day trip.

Just arrived in Porto today - unrelated to Rangers. Went Edinburgh - Brussels - Porto. Left home at 3am so had a nap when we got here. Woke up with a insect bite, then several appeared. The apartments have got f*****g bedbugs. Itchy and raging. Getting a refund, moved apartments and bought new clothes by the company as our clothes are being deccontaminated and laundered. Would rather just have a relaxing time tho eh....

That's the flight I'm doing on the day of the game...hoping the bugs are not on the plane!!

Just arrived in Porto today - unrelated to Rangers. Went Edinburgh - Brussels - Porto. Left home at 3am so had a nap when we got here. Woke up with a insect bite, then several appeared. The apartments have got f*****g bedbugs. Itchy and raging. Getting a refund, moved apartments and bought new clothes by the company as our clothes are being deccontaminated and laundered. Would rather just have a relaxing time tho eh....
What are the apartments called mate?

Need help from the travel gurus, trying to book up porto but was looking at trying to fit in benfica game on the Wednesday night and preferably flying out on the Wednesday aswell.

Prefer to fly back on the Friday/saturday

If anyone could help that would be brilliant

Need help from the travel gurus, trying to book up porto but was looking at trying to fit in benfica game on the Wednesday night and preferably flying out on the Wednesday aswell.

Prefer to fly back on the Friday/saturday

If anyone could help that would be brilliant

Where are you intending to fly from? Glasgow?

Any bears on these flights:

Wednesday 23rd 09.30 to London Gatwick
14.55 to Porto (both BA)

Friday 25th

TAP Portugal 11.40 to LCY
BA 22.20 LGW to Glasgow?

Hopefully be a good night down at the square after the match too.
The game will finish fairly early as it's a 5:55 kick off.

If you're willng to travel for a flight there are direct flights from airports down south to Lisbon for cheaper than you'd get it from Glasgow which most of not all flights included changes, im having to go via stansted & Dublin.

If you're willng to travel for a flight there are direct flights from airports down south to Lisbon for cheaper than you'd get it from Glasgow which most of not all flights included changes, im having to go via stansted & Dublin.
Tell me more

Kiwi.com

Manchester - Lisbon arriving in Lisbon wed 23rd at 12:55pm

Lisbon - Manchester arriving back in Manchester fri 25th at 09:40

£209 return

Back