Porto threat of stadium closure against rangers

Somebody smarter than me copy and paste ?

stop posting links FFS

-----

Rangers' Europa League rivals Porto have been charged by UEFA after racist chants were picked up by broadcasters in their 2-1 win over Young Boys.
The Portuguese giants are favourites to top Group G and host Rangers on match day three - October 24.
But they could face a partial or even full stadium closure for the tie after UEFA launched a probe into the alleged racist behaviour of their fans.
It was reported that Young Boys player Jean-Pierre Nsame was the target of sick taunts before he took a penalty to give the Swiss side an early lead.
READ MORE

UEFA say their discipline panel will judge the case next Thursday just a month before Steven Gerrard 's side visit Portugal.
But they could be ordered to close part or even all of their famous Estádio do Dragão as UEFA crack down on racism in football.

Cameroon international Nsame, pictured below against Manchester United , is just the latest in a line of high profile players to be targeted.

(Image: Clive Brunskill)
Earlier this month Cagliari fans were accused of aiming racial insults at Inter Milan forward Romelu Lukaku as he took a penalty in a 2-1 win for his side.
However the Serie A side were cleared after an independent sports judging panel ruled there was not enough evidence for any sanctions.
Rangers will take no supporters to their next Group G match against Young Boys in Switzerland. Ibrox chiefs refused their ticket allocation for the match on October 3 after twice being hit with partial closure of Ibrox for sectarian singing.
UEFA ordered Rangers to close a 3,000 seat section of Ibrox for the play-off with Legia Warsaw and Thursday's clash with Feyenoord as punishment for sectarian chanting against St Joseph's and Legia.

Rangers' Europa League rivals Porto have been charged by UEFA after racist chants were picked up by broadcasters in their 2-1 win over Young Boys.

The Portuguese giants are favourites to top Group G and host Rangers on match day three - October 24.

But they could face a partial or even full stadium closure for the tie after UEFA launched a probe into the alleged racist behaviour of their fans.

It was reported that Young Boys player Jean-Pierre Nsame was the target of sick taunts before he took a penalty to give the Swiss side an early lead.

UEFA say their discipline panel will judge the case next Thursday just a month before Steven Gerrard 's side visit Portugal.

But they could be ordered to close part or even all of their famous Estádio do Dragão as UEFA crack down on racism in football.

Cameroon international Nsame, pictured below against Manchester United , is just the latest in a line of high profile players to be targeted.

Earlier this month Cagliari fans were accused of aiming racial insults at Inter Milan forward Romelu Lukaku as he took a penalty in a 2-1 win for his side.

However the Serie A side were cleared after an independent sports judging panel ruled there was not enough evidence for any sanctions.

Rangers will take no supporters to their next Group G match against Young Boys in Switzerland. Ibrox chiefs refused their ticket allocation for the match on October 3 after twice being hit with partial closure of Ibrox for sectarian singing.

UEFA ordered Rangers to close a 3,000 seat section of Ibrox for the play-off with Legia Warsaw and Thursday's clash with Feyenoord as punishment for sectarian chanting against St Joseph's and Legia.

I’d suggest this is just sensationalism from the DR.

What would be interesting, however is what UEFAs stance would be on us then taking tickets for Young Boys if this did happen?

Uefa are not holding back this season it seems. About time something happened to the beggars. these petty wee fines are f all compared to what we have faced and other teams this season so far.

Uefa are not holding back this season it seems. About time something happened to the beggars. these petty wee fines are f all compared to what we have faced and other teams this season so far.

UEFA's disciplinary code deems racist (sectarian) chanting as being a lot worse than a few flares or some blocked aisles or a bit of fisticuffs with the cops. Its a crazy World we live in.

I'm not familiar with whether Porto have a track record of this but my feeling is that since it was a singular rogue bloke (albeit he had a microphone) there would not be a significant stand closure. Especially not if Porto are seen to act to barr the bloke.

Might just be wishful thinking since I'm booked up.

I’d suggest this is just sensationalism from the DR.

What would be interesting, however is what UEFAs stance would be on us then taking tickets for Young Boys if this did happen?

This would have no impact on the YB game, nor should it.

It’s pretty clear that the club essentially used the ‘voluntary’ non-taking of tickets as mitigation to attempt to get a lesser punishment for the second charge, they aren’t going to turn around and reverse that now no matter the circumstances with Porto.

Locking fans out of football is actually surreal in what is a money oriented business.
What other business dares to behave like this towards its customer base?

Even if they get found guilty they'll more than likely get a section closed rather than closure. Even if its closure it'll be suspended.

Can't understand how songs and chanting are deemed more serious than throwing objects and flares - behaviour that can actually cause injury. Bizarre.

Locking fans out of football is actually surreal in what is a money oriented business.
If they have to close the stadium, it should be for home fans only.

Away fans should be allowed to travel and attend

Uefa don't make money from fans attending football matches though.

Their revenue stream is from the advertisers.

Advertisers who don't like their brand to be associated with distasteful things like fans singing naughty songs.

Uefa don't make money from fans attending football matches though.

Their revenue stream is from the advertisers.

Advertisers who don't like their brand to be associated with distasteful things like fans singing naughty songs.
Yes, I suppose.
However, it is the fans attending games that produce and inspire the fans who watch on television that bring in the advertising revenue.
It is fans who attend football matches that are the absolute source of everything that follows in the game.
I have mates who watched Thursday's match and who don't support Rangers, but who enjoyed it from the perspective of the atmosphere generated by a fantastic passionate Rangers crowd.
No fans no game no UEFA and no fat cats in Switzerland.

Yes, I suppose.
However, it is the fans attending games that produce and inspire the fans who watch on television that bring in the advertising revenue.
It is fans who attend football matches that are the absolute source of everything that follows in the game.
I have mates who watched Thursday's match and who don't support Rangers, but who enjoyed it from the perspective of the atmosphere generated by a fantastic passionate Rangers crowd.
No fans no game no UEFA and no fat cats in Switzerland.
Perhaps this was once the case, nowadays I'm not so sure.

People need to stop making out that their racism is somehow a better type of racism than others. UEFA are clearly clamping down on racism because they see how harmful it is to the game. Sponsors don’t want associated with it. That should be an indication of how harmful it is to Rangers and our support.
Racism isn’t ok just because you don’t like the group on the receiving end. UEFA aren’t out to get Rangers.

People need to stop making out that their racism is somehow a better type of racism than others. UEFA are clearly clamping down on racism because they see how harmful it is to the game. Sponsors don’t want associated with it. That should be an indication of how harmful it is to Rangers and our support.
Racism isn’t ok just because you don’t like the group on the receiving end. UEFA aren’t out to get Rangers.
Have you inadvertently replied to the wrong thread?

Perhaps this was once the case, nowadays I'm not so sure.
You are joking.
Television revenue would collapse if there wasn't anyone attending the grounds.
Matches played without supporters simply wouldn't be the same spectacle.

Further, no one buys into supporting a football club until they attend a match.
It is that involvement that draws you into a lifetime of joy, despair and absolute loyalty.
The old adage about a man changing his country, his wife, his home, his job, his politics even his appearance and almost everything else in his life remains so relevant, because, the one thing a real man never changes is the football club he supports.
He takes that from childhood into his coffin.

If I had ever taken a new identity after a lucrative crime and perhaps escaped abroad, maybe Vietnam for instance, I realise that I might have been able to change everything, but I would always be identified during a Rangers matchday because I just could never stay away from Rangers.
That is one itch I always have to scratch.

You are joking.
Television revenue would collapse if there wasn't anyone attending the grounds.
Matches played without supporters simply wouldn't be the same spectacle.

Further, no one buys into supporting a football club until they attend a match.
It is that involvement that draws you into a lifetime of joy, despair and absolute loyalty.
The old adage about a man changing his country, his wife, his home, his job, his politics even his appearance and almost everything else in his life remains so relevant, because, the one thing a real man never changes is the football club he supports.
He takes that from childhood into his coffin.

If I had ever taken a new identity after a lucrative crime and perhaps escaped abroad, maybe Vietnam for instance, I realise that I might have been able to change everything, but I would always be identified during a Rangers matchday because I just could never stay away from Rangers.
That is one itch I always have to scratch.

You are of course correct with regards to the way that our generation follows sport, however this is changing at a rapid rate and the things that we hold to be true will no longer be so.

There are kids today who follow teams because those teams are their favourite on the latest version of FIFA.
There are kids who have never been to a real game in their life yet probably spend more of their time every week watching and playing "football" than you or I have ever done.

You are of course correct with regards to the way that our generation follows sport, however this is changing at a rapid rate and the things that we hold to be true will no longer be so.

There are kids today who follow teams because those teams are their favourite on the latest version of FIFA.
There are kids who have never been to a real game in their life yet probably spend more of their time every week watching and playing "football" than you or I have ever done.
I don't think they play more, in my day it was really a full-time hobby.
As for watching it, perhaps on TV, but we used to both go to games at Ibrox and watch local amateur matches when I was young.
Where do you think we managed to steal our leather balls from? :p

I don't think they play more, in my day it was really a full-time hobby.
As for watching it, perhaps on TV, but we used to both go to games at Ibrox and watch local amateur matches when I was young.
Where do you think we managed to steal our leather balls from? :p
As in my day.

Football was the only hobby, other than two weeks in summer if you had access to a couple of tennis rackets.
My point was more to do with the Esports phenomenon which is currently the biggest threat to established sport both in participation and viewership.

As in my day.

Football was the only hobby, other than two weeks in summer if you had access to a couple of tennis rackets.
My point was more to do with the Esports phenomenon which is currently the biggest threat to established sport both in participation and viewership.
I don't even know what Esports is mate, but I will take your word for it.

This whole PC bullshit has got completely out of fkin hand! Especially coming from one of the most corrupt, venal, and incompetent organizations known to man, second only to their papal masters. Why can't they leave the working man in peace to enjoy a bit of hooliganism, racism and sectarianism on a Saturday eh? It's only a few hours worth ffs!

Uefa once again proving singing nasty songs are deem much more dangerous than, attacking players on a pitch, battling with cops or throwing flares at people but hey most European clubs haven’t people in high place eh Mr Liewell and Dellaney

Back