Votes: 148 16.2%
  • Aribo

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Arfield

• Ojo

• Total voters
Smashing performance and credit to players and staff,delighted at some of the footy last night,and loved seeing bears going tonto when we scored.

Well done everyone in the Gers family in Portugal.

For me it’s incredible to see a rangers team so comfortable in possession away in Europe

There was one point in the second half where we were playing a number of small, tight triangles under pressure and moved the ball about beautifully - the kind of play that Barcelona were getting plaudits for a few years ago. Was superb to watch.

During the match I posted that some of our passing wasn't good enough and I stand by that but let me qualify that by saying that when it clicks it is a joy to behold. The Morelos goal was a thing of beauty.

Isn't it annoying that twice we've had a partial closure as a punishment and proper fans have missed out, yet Porto seemed to voluntarily have one?

Unless the prices were ridiculous there is no excuse other than arrogance for attendance like that.

Our goal was thing of beauty WE can do this roll on Porto on the 7th with Ibrox packed to the rafters this will be a special night can't wait.

After Sunday's woeful display I never saw that coming- we have scored a few crackers away on the break in Europe this past year but that one last night was simply magnificent. The only very slight disappointment was that second half display didn't get us a deserved victory. I was in Porto in 2005 where a far better Gers team on paper were battered for 80 minutes and stole a draw. Barasic what a transformation. It just goes to show that we should always try to give our new players a year to settle in and Helander was immense. Alfies value must be over 20 million now and sadly the day comes nearer when he'll depart I pray with a league championship medal. Congratulations to our manager and backroom team for getting that display after Tynecastle- Roll on Sunday.
I'm not so sure about it being a far better team on paper.

Ian Murray, Franny Jeffers, Hamed Namouchi, Alex Rae, Chris Burke?????

Agree with the rest of what you say though.

In terms of performance I can only remember Oct 99 in Munich as being anywhere on the same level of away European performance as last night. That's how good it was.

Back then led to the usual heartbreak and glorious failure. It would be nice if last night is the springboard to a wee bit of success.

However last night is also a two edged sword.

For how much longer have we to tolerate utter garbage like last weekend at Tynecastle from a squad of players capable of that performance last night?

I'm not so sure about it being a far better team on paper.

Ian Murray, Franny Jeffers, Hamed Namouchi, Alex Rae, Chris Burke?????

Agree with the rest of what you say though.

At least on paper Jeffers looked great! We qualified for CL last 16 that night so maybe McLeish was a miracle worker. If the current side gets through this group stage that will be a good achievement.

In terms of performance I can only remember Oct 99 in Munich as being anywhere on the same level of away European performance as last night. That's how good it was.

Back then led to the usual heartbreak and glorious failure. It would be nice if last night is the springboard to a wee bit of success.

However last night is also a two edged sword.

For how much longer have we to tolerate utter garbage like last weekend at Tynecastle from a squad of players capable of that performance last night?

the team selection last night was spot on

if you are going to play 4-3-3 you need wingers/pace on the wings

team selection was a travesty in the of game as well

Back