Portsmouth bell ringer turned away from Southampton last night for wearing Portsmouth shirt

From the comments section

Of course there is no mention from Mr Westwood regarding his last visit to St Mary's stadium in which he urinated on the seats whilst in the stands. This resulted in a lifetime ban and was the reason Mr Westwood was refused entry. Maybe Mr Westwood suffers from accute memory loss?

Looking at the nick of him in those pics, I could believe this.

irrc Mr Westwood is a librarian in "real life" and looks reasonably respectable.

however, at the game he just rings that fucking bell the whole game and apparently absolutely stinks as he has never washed the waistcoat he wears.

Also, if a tramp turned up for a Scotland game at Ibrox in the green and grey then i would expect him to be turned away - and to be honest the same if it was vice-versa.

Why would you go to watch England decked out in Pompey gear in the first place. Does he do this for every international or just last night because it was at Southampton?

Thought he came across as a complete wanker when I heard him on Talksport tbh.

Normally I would say it’s poor from the FA and Southampton, however since he whinged about it the FA released a statement saying they got in touch with him in the build up to the game stating they said he wouldn’t get in if he turned up in Pompey gear. He refused to listen, got KB’d then moaned about it. Attention seeker is all he is.

I’ve been in Westwood’s company a few times and he’s an absolute gentleman and a pleasure to be around, a true football fan of his club and country. Sure, he’s a little eccentric but he’s no harm to anyone.

For what’s its worth I don’t think a Pompey top was an appropriate choice to wear at Southamptons ground and he was risking consequences exactly like those that transpired.

No need for the abuse some have given him on this thread when the don’t even know the guy, for fucks sake, stop acting like mentally challengeds.

Is this guy not banned from St Mary's for causing trouble in the stadium or something?
I remember he was in trouble there for some misdemeanour and he didn't use the toilets.

I’ve been in Westwood’s company a few times and he’s an absolute gentleman and a pleasure to be around, a true football fan of his club and country. Sure, he’s a little eccentric but he’s no harm to anyone.

For what’s its worth I don’t think a Pompey top was an appropriate choice to wear at Southamptons ground and he was risking consequences exactly like those that transpired.

No need for the abuse some have given him on this thread when the don’t even know the guy, for fucks sake, stop acting like mentally challengeds.

he still looks like a twat.

He's got something of the look of Alex Salmond about him so lacking in sympathy but how is that different to turning up to an England game with a St George Cross flag and a team name and crest on it?

Back