Portsmouth vs Oxford: Ross McCrorie Starts.

Really concerned that this loan spell could cost him long term at Rangers.

Nobody was convinced that he’d be a long term option as a defensive midfielder or centre half, but to waste most of a year playing at full back just doesn’t make sense for his development.
I think it probably has.

If we are really targeting Dorsch/Belkebla then it will be one of them, Davis, Jack and Kamara all able to play the holding role better than he can. He isn't a CB and he certainly isn't a RB.

I’m a bit of pessimist when it comes to Players going on loan from Rangers,If I was to give any of them advice I would tell them not to expect to come back and look forward and prepare for a career at another club,
Our record of bringing players through is very poor.
Agreed.

Generally, when you go out on loan the writing is on the wall for the majority of players.

And I think that is most definitely the case for Ross.

This is fucking torture as a Pompey fan
Ref is a lady's front bottom

On Ross M he only played at RB cos we had literally nobody else, I think he got shunted there mid game and then that was his only way into the side. Suffice to say he ain’t a RB and doesn’t deserve to be starting

IMO nothing has changed with RM

He would/will do a job in midfield in away games in Scotland. There are a few assets he brings to the team imo - his physicality, he can defend and attack set plays......he is rash at times, but I actually think he brings a freshness that our other more cultured midfielders.

The second goal at Rugby Park for example- Get McCrorie to sit in and defend the high ball and allow your two centre half’s to sweep up the second ball

Poor penalty from the Portsmouth player - silly little jog on the spot before a short run up. What a way to blow the season.

Ah well cheap season ticket again then ffs

Unless we win 3/ probably 4 of our last 5 games - we (Luton) will be playing Pompey again next season mate!

Crazy as it sounds, especially after Saturday's humiliating 0-5 home defeat v Reading (equalled our worst home score 0-5 in my 53 + years of supporting the Hatters v Man Utd in 1984 and Sunderland in 2007) - but safety CAN still be in Luton's hands!

We are at home to 2nd bottom Barnsley tomorrow night. Put simply it's a MUST win for either team. Loser is as good as down. A draw, then both are along with probably Wigan - BUT if we beat Barnsley AND win at 5th bottom Huddersfield on Friday, it gives us a real chance of safety with 3 games remaining after that. QPR Home, then another MUST win at Hull away before finishing off the season with Blackburn at home.

So a this time tomorrow night I'll know if Luton's season is all over - or still all to play for.

Play like we did winning at Swansea and drawing at Leeds last week, we then still have a chance - play like Saturday and it will be Goodnight Vienna :(

Luton and Rangers til I Die.

The amount of so called expert's on here who slag the boy and say he has no future at rangers and couldnt walk into the team now, but think a unknown Leicester reserve can player the boy will b a player if we donr being him back i can see him being as good as young fleck in or even robertson n getting a cracking move to a good premiership club..

The amount of so called expert's on here who slag the boy and say he has no future at Rangers and couldnt walk into the team now, but think a unknown Leicester reserve can player the boy will b a player if we donr being him back i can see him being as good as young fleck in or even robertson n getting a cracking move to a good premiership club..
Behave yourself he is no where and I mean no where near what we need.
We Should try and sell and get a fee for himand move on

The amount of so called expert's on here who slag the boy and say he has no future at Rangers and couldnt walk into the team now, but think a unknown Leicester reserve can player the boy will b a player if we donr being him back i can see him being as good as young fleck in or even robertson n getting a cracking move to a good premiership club..
Who are the "so called expert's"?

This is a fans' forum.

Unless we win 3/ probably 4 of our last 5 games - we (Luton) will be playing Pompey again next season mate!

Crazy as it sounds, especially after Saturday's humiliating 0-5 home defeat v Reading (equalled our worst home score 0-5 in my 53 + years of supporting the Hatters v Man Utd in 1984 and Sunderland in 2007) - but safety CAN still be in Luton's hands!

We are at home to 2nd bottom Barnsley tomorrow night. Put simply it's a MUST win for either team. Loser is as good as down. A draw, then both are along with probably Wigan - BUT if we beat Barnsley AND win at 5th bottom Huddersfield on Friday, it gives us a real chance of safety with 3 games remaining after that. QPR Home, then another MUST win at Hull away before finishing off the season with Blackburn at home.

So a this time tomorrow night I'll know if Luton's season is all over - or still all to play for.

Play like we did winning at Swansea and drawing at Leeds last week, we then still have a chance - play like Saturday and it will be Goodnight Vienna :(

Good luck mate,the way it looks we’ll be having a pint next season,pushing for 55

Watched the Leeds game and Luton dug in well, couldn't believe the score against Reading when I saw it!

McCrorie certainly would have been an improvement on some of our midfields performances post Xmas. At the very least with McCrorie you get aggression and drive something solely lacking post Xmas

I’m not convinced he has the ability to become a main stay in our team. What I will say is I don’t think Gerrard done him any favours and you could argue he’s actually had a negative effect on him.

My reason for saying this is after the mentally challenged game at Ibrox in Gerrards first season he was motm and publicly told it was his position to lose ( rightly so ) fast forward a month and he’s dropped for Killie to fit in a unfit Steve Davis and basically not seen from there on in. Can’t be great for a young boys confidence
That being said, he really isn't good enough on the ball. He can be rash, rushed in possession and makes wrong decisions. I really like his athleticism and he is good enough to make a career in the game. I hope he can improve on his limitations and it is with us, but it will be tough for him. Docherty is definitely ahead of him and had 2 very successful loans.

I still reckon his best position is at centre back, he needs a team who will play him there consistently for 40 games this season

That being said, he really isn't good enough on the ball. He can be rash, rushed in possession and makes wrong decisions. I really like his athleticism and he is good enough to make a career in the game. I hope he can improve on his limitations and it is with us, but it will be tough for him. Docherty is definitely ahead of him and had 2 very successful loans.

I agree mate, definitely not good enough to play that role when we are playing teams that sit in at Ibrox. Games at Tynecastle, Pittodrie etc he would have been one of the first on my team sheet at that time.

Back