Euro 2020 Portugal v France, BBC1 8pm

Sounds mad cos he's scored two goals but Ronaldo has been woeful. Mbappe hasn't turned up either. Pogba has been impressive.
He was pish against Hungary too, takes a brave man to say it on here though with the tina loyal irate at the mere mention of it :))

I’m sure England are enthralled at the prospect of playing Germany again. Though Germany have been so up and down England have a real chance if they just get it together.

He was pish against Hungary too, takes a brave man to say it on here though with the tina loyal irate at the mere mention of it :))

I’m sure England are enthralled at the prospect of playing Germany again. Though Germany have been so up and down England have a real chance if they just get it together.
Ronaldo could bag a perfect hatrick in the final and you’d still say he was pish.

England, if they can get past Germany, have a pretty easy path to the final.

the draw is so lopsided.

Italy, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, France all on one side of the draw….. England, Germany, Holland on the other.

Wonderful match and superb football from both Portugal and France.
Top-class entertainment.
Wee mention for Hungary, ... great from them, and they really were unlucky against incredibly difficult opposition.

He was murder tonight.

England have a chance to get to the final if they get their shit together.
Definitely German defence is absolutely shocking and Dutch defence nothing special either. They have avoided Spain, the in form Italy, Ronnie inspired Portugal, and the power and pace play of France and Belgium.

Loved that game tonight.
Passing from pogba.
Griezman all over the pitch.
Renato Sanchez , just pace , power and work ethic.
Pepe strolling it at the back.
The ref!!!!!

For a team with so much flair and attacking skill, you feel everything must go through Ronaldo which is understandable but equally in the closest of games could be problematic.

Jota seems to play so wide and drop deep he rarely looks like scoring, Im not sure hes even had a shot on target thus far.

The midfield changes last night gave Portugal a huge power up and Swansea's Renato Sanchez was everywhere. Even the might of France struggled to hold him down.

You could see an equally nip/tuck game vs Belgium but their defence doesnt seem quite so strong and I think Portugal will sneak past.

Its almost a rerun of 2016 - they keep grinding results out and Ronaldo is always there to nudge them over the line exactly when its needed.

Back