Positives ( despite the disgraceful decisions)

Forza_Napoli

I know there's a lot of anger about everything that's gone on today and rightly so and how it's designed to help one team and one team only but. From our point of view I want to look at the positives for our team.

First of all our players have already played a lot of football so it will give some a much needed rest. Secondly Gio has had little time on the training field to work with the players and drill his way of playing into them we've played twice a week since his arrival.

Empty stadiums we've dealt with this we have a squad that knows what it's like they have a brand new squad and some older players who couldn't get to grips with it last season.

Players returning we could see the return of Helander Roofe and, Jack who are all big players for us and hopefully Nigeria go out early we could be going into that game with our strongest squad plus maybe a couple of surprise additions

Either way I'm confident we'll wipe the floor with them and go on to 56 no surrender

I know there's a lot of anger about everything that's gone on today and rightly so and how it's designed to help one team and one team only but. From our point of view I want to look at the positives for our team.

First of all our players have already played a lot of football so it will give some a much needed rest. Secondly Gio has had little time on the training field to work with the players and drill his way of playing into them we've played twice a week since his arrival.

Empty stadiums we've dealt with this we have a squad that knows what it's like they have a brand new squad and some older players who couldn't get to grips with it last season.

Players returning we could see the return of Helander Roofe and, Jack who are all big players for us and hopefully Nigeria go out early we could be going into that game with our strongest squad plus maybe a couple of surprise additions

Either way I'm confident we'll wipe the floor with them and go on to 56 no surrender
Any idea if Helander will be match fit for the 2nd of Feb?

We get players back from injury , we possibly have new signings in , gives new management team a wee bit more time to settle in as its been a bit of a whirlwind for gio and his staff

Well, Helender and Barasc playing, Jack, and Roofe available. Possible new fresh Gio signings. Another month of Gio and his team with the players, a rest, if ACON is cancelled or Nigeria knocked out at group stage we are laughing. Seems Kyogo will miss the Kirin Cup game 21st Jan but overseas players needed for 21st Jan. Carter-Vickers and Rogic might also be unavailable? Sure Celtic might have new players, if Japanese internationals - will they be available? Turdbull back for them - big deal. He pish. Jota isn't bad against dross, but against Tav? Thats different.
I actually feel ok, we have a better squad and they are scared of us. That wont change in 4 weeks time.
BRING IT ON !!!!!!

If helander is back then the loss of balogun and Bassey wouldn’t be too great. Aribo is in great form at the minute but new signings could be in, Jack fully fit or we play a front three with more pace and hagi in midfield would still be too much for them whenever they want to play us

The Buff, Roofe and Arfield could also be away on international duty, in addition to the 3 Nigerians, that is altogether a much harder task and inherently unfair.

Jamaica are due to play on the same day as the rescheduled game at the piggery. If Roofe is called up and even just Aribo and Balugon are still at AFCON, that should allow us to apply for a postponement.

Last edited:
As usual, we will get closer, stronger and come back more focused than ever. I don’t see the shettlestons being able to live with that.

Jamaica are due to play on the same day as the rescheduled game the piggery. If Roofe is called up and even just Aribo and Balugon are still at AFCON, that should allow us to apply for a postponement.
‘Apply‘ being the word, do you have any confidence in this cabal doing us any favours?

I'm struggling to see positives atm watching Scottish football bend to the bheasts will yet again.

Exactly. Aye there will be specific benefits, but it's not really the point.

The bigger picture is that Celtic are proving once again that they have total control over the game up here. No other team exerts the influence to just shift the football calendar about to their will, end leagues early (the only "big" European league to do so) and just outright call the shots.

The wee details of it are meaninless, the main point is we're seeing again the full and total control the league is under

Another potential positive is Japan play Saudi Arabia on the 1st of February in a World Cup qualifier

Gives us a mini pre season and Gios first chance to work with the players properly without competitive games

If the first 2 games back after the winter break are Aberdeen and Scum away then there is no way Helander will be match fit. We will be down Bassey, Balogun and Aribo (arguably the player of the season) so god knows who plays in defence with Goldson.

Id certainly have a fully fit helander and jack in my ideal team for a trip to the chamber of secrets.
Can see OP's point, we've been playing twice a week since gio came in, theres a definite benefit to him getting time to work with the players
I would love it if this blew up in their faces..

I at least appreciate you trying OP
Just try to look at it from another viewpoint I don't think there that good better and more consistent than last year yes but we've only really started to get going the last couple of weeks a think Gio getting actual time on the training field will really see the best of us after the break. I'm as angry as everyone buy its done and we have to shut them up come February no matter what team they put out

Just try to look at it from another viewpoint I don't think there that good better and more consistent than last year yes but we've only really started to get going the last couple of weeks a think Gio getting actual time on the training field will really see the best of us after the break. I'm as angry as everyone buy its done and we have to shut them up come February no matter what team they put out
I hear ye mate. I’m personally a glass half full kinda guy anol, and would try and look at it a similar way to yourself, but this has sickened me tonight.

I'm struggling to see positives atm watching Scottish football bend to the bheasts will yet again.
Im on board with this.

Its the most unsettling decision Ive seen in Scottish Football since they handed Celt!c the title and relegated innocent clubs into the bargain. Given how recently that happened its beyond belief, even for this backwater.

If we actually get the season finished then Ill take 56 even with all this nonsense but given past form and this week Id say you shouldnt be getting carried away with anything right now.

Positive I’ve taken is that the rhats manipulated things their way using their lickspittles at the puppet clubs that backfired spectacularly when they couldn’t beat St Midden’s under 12s last night.
Karma in its finest form.

Merry Xmas.

If they were and the 3 Nigerians we have grounds for postponement.
Rule only applies to FIFA organised tournaments does it not? AFCON is similar to the Euros where its organised by the African Confederation.

Top 2 and 4 3rd best placed teams qualify for the knockout stages so ideally we would want Nigeria to get papped out in the quarter finals to have Aribo available for the tim game as they take place on 29th and 30th January.

Back